Login

russian armor

Unofficial Revamp mod (EFA & WFA & Brits)

PAGES (30)down
1 Jul 2017, 17:57 PM

I repeat myself but the M20 requires 70mu for its skirts and 60mu for the zook. Just to have a chance to escape a 222.
If you really want to make us pay for the zook, at least make the smoke free... The unit becomes an insane munition sink.

Lieutenant can only reseach his BAR on friendly territory. Enabling the research everywhere would be appreciable, also for the captain and M20 crew.
1 Jul 2017, 18:06 PM

Lol.

I dare you to name one nerf that can be called "devastating" or "paralyzing".

There you go;

OKW
2 Jul 2017, 00:05 AM

2 Jul 2017, 09:33 AM

==========
The Stug is also 9 pop and 90 fuel.
The Jackson is 14 pop - lost the de-crew less pop - and it's price went from 125 fuel to 145 fuel.

Germans have inexpensive tank destroyers. Puma. StuG.
Americans seem to need to buy a quasi Panther before they can get a tank destroyer.

The issue here is that in the MOD the Stug is designed as a counter to medium and it lucks the Penetration to deal with heavies for which one has to built Panther.

On the other hand the M36 can deal with heavies anc make PZIV obsolete since it can hit them and penetrate them with extremely high chance even from max range (15 units before even PZIV can fire back).

The M36 compared to JP cost about the same while having far less penetration making it worse at dealing with heavies.
2 Jul 2017, 09:51 AM

The germans get insane armor as a perk.
Americans get gyroscope as a perk. That is US Faction Design. Accuracy on the move.
All American tanks have it. And M1 Garand, BAR, etc. Every weapon of the americans works on the
move (except the M1919A6 and it was nerfed to 1 per squad only, so, RIP).

And that armor is quite pointless due to the high penetration of units like Firefly, Su-85 and m36

Americans would be fine losing the Gyro if Germans would be fine losing 50% of frontal armor
on all their tanks. And also, a signed documents stating that you won't complain if all factions
suddenly become completely homogenous, with 100% same unit stats and abilities, so people can finally
stop complaining for once.

With the same logic German would be fine if their armor levels become the similar to allies but their tank's cost and tech become similar to allied vehicles...

And since USF vehicles have such higher moving accuracy they should not also have higher accuracy to begin with or receiver accuracy buffs as they do in MOD.

Finally armor is not negated by accuracy but by penetration and M36 has both they accuracy and penetration thus has a higher change to hit and damage (200) all types on enemy vehicles.

Panther has twice the health of the Jackson... no, wait
1200 vs 480, was it?

Panther actually has 800 hp and dies to 4 penetrated shots from m36.

The M36 has 600 HP in the mod and dies to 4 shot from vehicles weapons (with some exceptions like the Ostheer Panther)

If you actually read and understand my point you will see that I am not asking to homogenize the stat of units/faction.

My point is that most units with range 50+ should not be able to both hit and penetrate enemy vehicles with high chance at max range.

Meduim TD should have around 80-90% chance to hit heavies and to penetrate them around 50-60%.

Heavy TD should have a chance to hit mediums around 50-60% at max range.
2 Jul 2017, 10:00 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2017, 09:51 AMVipper

And that armor is quite pointless due to the high penetration of units like Firefly, Su-85 and m36

Hm when I play with Su85 or Jackson they don't penetrate JT, Panther Jp4 at all.
So you think i'm just unlucky in every single game? :)
2 Jul 2017, 10:09 AM

Hm when I play with Su85 or Jackson they don't penetrate JT, Panther Jp4 at all.
So you think i'm just unlucky in every single game? :)

And does Stug and JP penetrate the IS-2, ISU-152, KV-2, Pershing and the Comet more often?

But you actually missing my point I was responding to the argument that axis armor has an advantage due to high armor. In the case of the PZIV that armor advantage that you paid extra cost to get becomes pointless when you are facing Su-85, M36 and fireflies because these units can both hit and penetrate the expensive PZIV from max range with very high chance.

Since these units need the penetration to counter heavies/super heavies their far accuracy should go down so that axis mediums do not become obsolete once this units hit the field.
2 Jul 2017, 11:22 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2017, 10:09 AMVipper

And does Stug and JP penetrate the IS-2, ISU-152, KV-2, Pershing and the Comet more often?

But you actually missing my point I was responding to the argument that axis armor has an advantage due to high armor. In the case of the PZIV that armor advantage that you paid extra cost to get becomes pointless when you are facing Su-85, M36 and fireflies because these units can both hit and penetrate the expensive PZIV from max range with very high chance.

Since these units need the penetration to counter heavies/super heavies their far accuracy should go down so that axis mediums do not become obsolete once this units hit the field.

I agree kind of with the Piv problem

BUT 1 stug penetrates very well a comet /persing; ISU and KV2 you don't see that often. Also panther is good vs them then.

Also fun fact: 1 Stug vs 1 Panther frontal longrange: Stug wins :P (when I tested it in the past)

2 Jul 2017, 12:02 PM
Donator 22

I agree kind of with the Piv problem

BUT 1 stug penetrates very well a comet /persing; ISU and KV2 you don't see that often. Also panther is good vs them then.

Also fun fact: 1 Stug vs 1 Panther frontal longrange: Stug wins :P (when I tested it in the past)

In the mod the Stugs penetration was nerfed (Penetration from 200/185/170 to 200/150/140). So it cant crack a IS2 and even Comets and Pershing are kinda problematic. You really need the Panther now for this job.
Also the Stug no longer wins against a Panther. Its now the other way around, the Stug gets annihilated. THe Panther can kill it in 3 shots now. And due to the pen nerf about 50% of the shots bounce.
2 Jul 2017, 18:10 PM

Any of you modders tested the Ostheer Panther vs the Jackson? It is a complete joke of a matchup I feel lol.
2 Jul 2017, 18:13 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Any of you modders tested the Ostheer Panther vs the Jackson? It is a complete joke of a matchup I feel lol.

For which side? Ostheer Panthers still 3 hit the Jackson, Jackson needs 3 shots without HVAP. The sentence does not tell me much if you do not specify what's the issue.
2 Jul 2017, 19:01 PM

For which side? Ostheer Panthers still 3 hit the Jackson, Jackson needs 3 shots without HVAP. The sentence does not tell me much if you do not specify what's the issue.

considering the Ostheer panther's accuracy, it will lose hard.
2 Jul 2017, 19:07 PM

considering the Ostheer panther's accuracy, it will lose hard.

Again, you need to define which side :P

OST Panther's accuracy was buffed in the mod. With respect to the Panther, Jackson HP buff makes no difference, since Panther also got a damage buff.

Jackson should also now be significantly more expensive than before.

2 Jul 2017, 19:15 PM

Again, you need to define which side :P

OST Panther's accuracy was buffed in the mod. With respect to the Panther, Jackson HP buff makes no difference, since Panther also got a damage buff.

Jackson should also now be significantly more expensive than before.

I talk about ostheer panther and it losing hard, how do you guys not understand lol?

Panther still will get outranged, the Jackson can kite it forever. This means that the extra hp on the Jackson will be the game changer since the extra damage of the Panther can be kited by range alone.
2 Jul 2017, 19:54 PM

v1.9 changes

2 Jul 2017, 20:09 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

2 Jul 2017, 20:43 PM

1.9 nice changes but

IRHT
- Scan range reduced from 120 to 70

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
2 Jul 2017, 20:50 PM

Caches 200MP for 1v1, 300MP for 2v2 ?

1v1/2v2: 200MP, old income
3v3/4v4: new price, new income
2 Jul 2017, 21:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I talk about ostheer panther and it losing hard, how do you guys not understand lol?

Panther still will get outranged, the Jackson can kite it forever. This means that the extra hp on the Jackson will be the game changer since the extra damage of the Panther can be kited by range alone.

TL;DR: You can't really kite vehicle vs vehicle combat when both have roughly same speed and the range difference is 5.
I think the match up is still decided by RNG. Whether the PV manages to close in/hit its shots, or whether the Jackson manages to pen the PV frontal armor.

THAT BEEN SAID:
-Does the Jackson need the increase on accuracy base AND the increase at vet2. Is it overkill improving reload/pen with vet rather than giving it the usual mobility acceleration/v. rotation/w. rotation? Compared to all other TD on the game it's heavily focused on pure raw offensive capabilities.

-NOT SURE what happens now with the matchup against the OKW PV which seems it doesn't benefit from the increase damage. That COULD be an issue.

-Do weapons abilities benefits from veterancy bonuses?
For example: HVPA on Jackson. Hardpoint_01 means the main gun right? Doesn't the vet should be applied directly to the weapon ability as well since it's using a different profile? I'm asking cause with indirect fire, the vet is applied to each of the barrage types.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight