Login

russian armor

HelpingHans vs. VonIvan Bo7 G3 Health Issue.

A_E
25 Jun 2017, 17:43 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

During the third game of this series HelpingHans suffered a debilitating migraine causing blindness in one eye. He has suffered these before, rarely, but it is a known condition.

VonIvan his friend, as well as competitor has suggested to replay G3 (same map and factions), and resume from G3 onward with the score being 1-1.

This will be rescheduled for another day, to be decided tomorrow (Monday).

Thank you for VonIvan for this sportsmanship, and we look forward to seeing the rest of the series very soon.

There will be an announcement tomorrow as to when this will be resumed.

Announcing Operation: Fly VonIvan to the UK!
25 Jun 2017, 17:48 PM

Good decision. Nice sportsmanship by Von. Get well soon Hans.
25 Jun 2017, 17:51 PM

Nice one von, what a horrific start of the 3rd game :D
25 Jun 2017, 18:00 PM
Patrion 14

Even with a migraine, hans was winning G3
25 Jun 2017, 18:05 PM
Patrion 15

Get well soon Hans :wub:
25 Jun 2017, 18:05 PM

Von's early game was just :hansWUT:
25 Jun 2017, 18:07 PM

Migraines can be a real pain in the butt :( Get well soon Hans!
25 Jun 2017, 18:58 PM

Permanently Banned
Get well soon Hans.
25 Jun 2017, 19:10 PM

was winning the first 5 mins, that's all :snfBarton:
25 Jun 2017, 19:25 PM

Great New and very respect for VonIvan. Hans we are with you and good luck for you!!!
25 Jun 2017, 20:15 PM

So its confirmed, coh2 causes cancer.

My best wishes are with Hans. Health problems are real pain.

Heads down to VIvan for his sportmanship.

GL guys and remember health and life > coh2 and some fucking tourney.

I've myself never understood why it has to be BO7. For fucks sake, its so hard for the players to play for such a long time and its anything but healthy to be in such a stress and play for such a long period of time.
A_E
25 Jun 2017, 20:17 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I've myself never understood why it has to be BO7. For fucks sake, its so hard for the players to play for such a long time and its anything but healthy to be in such a stress and play for such a long period of time.

This was game three Hector, and these guys play for 10+ games at a time on stream.

Hans just gets random but very rare migraines.

They also get breaks between games, and in tournaments around the world best of X > 5, for late stage matches is the norm.
25 Jun 2017, 20:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2017, 20:17 PMA_E

This was game three Hector, and these guys play for 10+ games at a time on stream.

Hans just gets random but very rare migraines.

They also get breaks between games, and in tournaments around the world best of X > 5, for late stage matches is the norm.

Yea it was "a random migrane" but I still think its higher chancd to get that when youre playing a game, watching flashy images than when youre just relaxing or walking down the park.

There is a big difference between 10 random games and 7 tournament where stress levels get high, stakes get high and every minute means difference between 1000 bucks or nothing (its just a number, i dont know what 3rd player wins)

I dont know if youve ever participated in tournament on the players part but I myself did. And i can tell you its reall differnet to play normal and tournament match. Maybe im just too sensitibe and not used to it,but it was a hella hard for me and the tourney really tired me both mentally and physically. The worst part was the waiting part, when i was waiting for my opponent for half an hour. I think this doesnt happen in GCS because you arenr playing against 5 different players at the same day, its muvh faster to find match wirh 1 player not 5.

But still i cant find any good argument at what is the BO7 better than BO5. If there is no clear winner in 5 games, then its probably balance problem and player who gets better faction in 7th match will win the whole game.

I can understand that the BO7 is more interesting for the viewiers but IMO its also harder for the players and their health.

Its just my personal opinion about this topic,i think youre much more skilled in this part and thats also one of my reasons why i want to hear youe opinions as well.

Sorry for my english and typoos im currently on mobile and im happy just to write things down. Its not easy to write something on mobile and im nowhere near PC. Hope its readable.

Hector
A_E
25 Jun 2017, 20:43 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

You also aren't considering that in past tournaments players were required to play all rounds and the final in a day. Or for bigger tournaments over two days.

That's many more matches.

In other games and sports players are required to play many more games. The format is not a problem and is nothing to do with this situation.
26 Jun 2017, 04:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2017, 20:43 PMA_E

You also aren't considering that in past tournaments players were required to play all rounds and the final in a day. Or for bigger tournaments over two days.

That's many more matches.

I appreciate that youve divided this tournament into sections. It definitely puts less pressure on players when they only play a few matches per weekend ;)
26 Jun 2017, 06:27 AM

I hate to play Devil's Advocate here; has the replay been viewed by anyone?

I watched both stream replays and saw Hans:
- lose game 2
- panic!
- pep talk himself in a frantic mess
- claim potential headache
- wait for unfortunate events
- claim blindness
- call for a TIME-OUT when his base was rushed
- THEN proceed to engage with chat and message others (assuming judges and Von) without said blindness.

Now I don't doubt he had a headache, but I do think he played it up like a football player drawing a card in a bad situation. It's obvious he lost his nerve and was shaken.
A_E
26 Jun 2017, 06:37 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2017, 06:27 AMpage305
I hate to play Devil's Advocate here; has the replay been viewed by anyone?

I watched both stream replays and saw Hans:
- lose game 2
- panic!
- pep talk himself in a frantic mess
- claim potential headache
- wait for unfortunate events
- claim blindness
- call for a TIME-OUT when his base was rushed
- THEN proceed to engage with chat and message others (assuming judges and Von) without said blindness.

Now I don't doubt he had a headache, but I do think he played it up like a football player drawing a card in a bad situation. It's obvious he lost his nerve and was shaken.

Whilst always useful to consider an alternative opinion, you are basing that off nothing but a completely subjective interpretation.

We have a community member (Ragnar) that personally administered HelpingHans an injection to treat migraines in London in February, and also VonIvan that has met HelpingHans in real life and is personally aware of his migraine issues.

Also Hans seemingly had complete parity in the game as of the time of the time the the migraine hit and then started to struggle whilst making cries of agony for a good ten minutes. If he was acting he's the greatest actor I've ever seen.

Why must everything be a conspiracy?
26 Jun 2017, 06:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2017, 06:37 AMA_E

Whilst always useful to consider an alternative opinion, you are basing that off nothing but a completely subjective interpretation.

We have a community member (Ragnar) that personally administered HelpingHans an injection to treat migraines in London in February, and also VonIvan that has met HelpingHans in real life and is personally aware of his migraine issues.

Also Hans seemingly had complete parity in the game as of the time of the time the the migraine hit. If he was acting he's the greatest actor I've ever seen.

Why must everything be a conspiracy?

I don't think my take on a single man's actions is quite a conspiracy theory. You cannot watch the replay and tell me Hans was fine after game 2. I'm not claiming it was an act, I think it was a genuine panic-attack (my personal opinion).

If you listen to his claims, it was blindness that hindered him (can't see his units, how much manpower do I have, my eye!). He personally claims that the headache will come later in time. I didn't see any blindness as he read and answered chat after the match or when he was reading and typing away with people on his PC (assuming he was speaking to you or a ref). Must have been that spontaneous game blindness.

It's not my business and I make no rules; I'm merely voicing my opinion here (and am sure it's an unpopular one).
26 Jun 2017, 07:19 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2017, 06:55 AMpage305

I don't think my take on a single man's actions is quite a conspiracy theory. You cannot watch the replay and tell me Hans was fine after game 2. I'm not claiming it was an act, I think it was a genuine panic-attack (my personal opinion).

If you listen to his claims, it was blindness that hindered him (can't see his units, how much manpower do I have, my eye!). He personally claims that the headache will come later in time. I didn't see any blindness as he read and answered chat after the match or when he was reading and typing away with people on his PC (assuming he was speaking to you or a ref). Must have been that spontaneous game blindness.

It's not my business and I make no rules; I'm merely voicing my opinion here (and am sure it's an unpopular one).

A family member of mine has had chronic migraines every 3 weeks for about 5 years straight, I'm not a migraine expert but I do know that increased stress levels catalyse the (upcoming) migraine. If you see how wound up he was after losing game 2 it's no wonder that things turned from bad to worse. Also, temporary loss of eyesight (as hilarious as it was to poke a bit of fun at), blurriness and everything he described is text book migraine. Migraines usually start with having "spots" on your eyesight and that graduallly turns worse as the headache sets in. Limbs feeling tingely, more spottiness on your retinas and eventually a bursting headache is what migraine does to you.
Best you can do is just sleep it off or get some meds.

It sucks for everybody involved but shit happens. Props to Von for taking it like a champ.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★