Login

russian armor

HelpingHans vs. VonIvan Bo7 G3 Health Issue.

26 Jun 2017, 07:31 AM

A family member of mine has had chronic migraines every 3 weeks for about 5 years straight, I'm not a migraine expert but I do know that increased stress levels catalyse the (upcoming) migraine. If you see how wound up he was after losing game 2 it's no wonder that things turned from bad to worse. Also, temporary loss of eyesight (as hilarious as it was to poke a bit of fun at), blurriness and everything he described is text book migraine. Migraines usually start with having "spots" on your eyesight and that graduallly turns worse as the headache sets in. Limbs feeling tingely, more spottiness on your retinas and eventually a bursting headache is what migraine does to you.
Best you can do is just sleep it off or get some meds.

It sucks for everybody involved but shit happens. Props to Von for taking it like a champ.

I'm right there with that family member of yours. I get them as often as twice a month to as infrequently as once every six months. I'm all too familiar with the symptoms. From my experience stress, tension in posture or physical straining in awkward positions (where the neck gets torqued) is my personal catalyst.

26 Jun 2017, 07:32 AM
Benefactor 3110

Hi,

first of all, i did not watch the stream, but i do not doubt Hans´ migranes at the day for a second. Hans is a competitive guy for sure, but i he is a sportsman. To suggest otherwise is imho baseless and a bit silly tbh.
Are migranes more likely in stressful situations? Probably, but that is what a tournament is. There is a reason, why we are watchtig the games.
Lastly: It looks like VonIvan wins most of this anyway. He probably gets to travel to england now and plays live in a professional esports arena. This is a once in lifetime thing. Well Hans too, but Hans does not get the flight. For the live event it should be better too, because Hans and VonIvan are such well known streamer and Community favorites, so prob more people will travel to Leicester on Saturday.

So there is only one thing to hope, that hans is ready on Saturday to play.

Best Regards

awa59

26 Jun 2017, 08:00 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2017, 06:55 AMpage305

You cannot watch the replay and tell me Hans was fine after game 2. I'm not claiming it was an act, I think it was a genuine panic-attack (my personal opinion).

We could speculate all day long. Perhaps It was minor migraine attack mixed with a panic attack? Could it be a panic attack with mixed minor vertigo? bla bla bla... In the end, It was clear that he was in no condition to compete. Also, his condition began way before he got lock down to his base. His left eye condition made him back to his base in the first place.

If you want to say something like: in every competitive 'thing' you have to fight with opponents and yourself and It's up to you to be fit. That is BS in this case. This is a sponsored event by viewers! There are no commercial breaks. There are no sellout moments. Most importantly, there are only handful of people who play this game at very high level.

People only want these players to play against each other as competitive as it gets (with crowdfunding money) and If any of them having health issues, I would expect the game to be delayed. Especially in an online environment.
26 Jun 2017, 08:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2017, 08:00 AMruzen

We could speculate all day long. Perhaps It was minor migraine attack mixed with a panic attack? Could it be a panic attack with mixed minor vertigo? bla bla bla... In the end, It was clear that he was in no condition to compete. Also, his condition began way (Agreed, right after his loss that rocked him)before he got lock down to his base(Which is when he decided he had to call it)(Can't win this one, I quit). His left eye condition made him back to his base in the first place.

If you want to say something like: in every competitive 'thing' you have to fight with opponents and yourself and It's up to you to be fit. That is BS in this case. This is a sponsored event by viewers! There are no commercial breaks(Correct; Only Time-Outs). There are no sellout moments. Most importantly, there are only handful of people who play this game at very high level.

People only want these players to play against each other as competitive as it gets(Nothing says high tier competition like a do-over) (with crowdfunding money) and If any of them having health issues, I would expect the game to be delayed. Especially in an online environment.

Had he won the match, would he have not accepted the win because he wasn't fit? He had the "problems" from the beginning, you said it and Hans said it from the get-go. He called the match AFTER he was in his base. Had the match gone his way, he would have a check in his win column. If Hans lost it was due to illness, if Hans won it was due to him soldiering past his illness. If Von lost it was because Hans is such a great player he battled through his "blindness", if Von won it was because it wasn't fair... Hans couldn't see.

Hans couldn't lose, Von couldn't win. How on earth can this be defended?

New tournament greeting; "GL HF... I may be ill, I'll let you know after I see how the match turns out".
26 Jun 2017, 08:59 AM
Patrion 15

After seeing your reply I can only say to others who read this. Sorry for getting baited
26 Jun 2017, 13:20 PM

I think this example of Von agreeing on a rematch and seeming genuinly concerned for Hans' well-being after the match is a great example of the high level of sportmanship and camaraderie in this game.

Whilst most fans certainly seem to support this, it is really kind of a shame that a few people try to taint this by mocking and casting doubt about the severity of the ailment (this was especially bad in the Twitch chat).

Hans' was clearly distraught and frustrated, not only for loosing but also for letting down the viewers. Von was clearly concerned about Hans and accepted the rematch without any objections whatsoever (almost to an extent that I think he would have insisted on it even if Hans hadn't asked for it).

For all the rest of us we should really just leave it at that.
26 Jun 2017, 13:37 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I think this example of Von agreeing on a rematch and seeming genuinly concerned for Hans' well-being after the match is a great example of the high level of sportmanship and camaraderie in this game.

Whilst most fans certainly seem to support this, it is really kind of a shame that a few people try to taint this by mocking and casting doubt about the severity of the ailment (this was especially bad in the Twitch chat).

Hans' was clearly distraught and frustrated, not only for loosing but also for letting down the viewers. Von was clearly concerned about Hans and accepted the rematch without any objections whatsoever (almost to an extent that I think he would have insisted on it even if Hans hadn't asked for it).

For all the rest of us we should really just leave it at that.

+1000 :)
26 Jun 2017, 13:56 PM

My ex girlfriend used to have migraines, severe ones too. They could come as a totall surprise, she sometimes felt them coming up for days and sometimes they occured after a stressful situation. When she had really bad ones she could even lose function of one of her arms.

I don't think people understand how seriously scary and dangerous migraines can be. Cut the conspiracy bullshit out..

Get better soon James!
26 Jun 2017, 20:05 PM

My ex girlfriend used to have migraines, severe ones too. They could come as a totall surprise, she sometimes felt them coming up for days and sometimes they occured after a stressful situation. When she had really bad ones she could even lose function of one of her arms.

I don't think people understand how seriously scary and dangerous migraines can be. Cut the conspiracy bullshit out..

Get better soon James!

+1
10 Jul 2017, 23:08 PM

Does anyone know where i can see the G3 replay?

Thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS