Login

russian armor

Why so many people play german

25 Jun 2017, 11:42 AM

I think that in most WW2 games most ppl want to play the evil Nazis. Not sure why. In COH2 a big reason is probably the fact that the Germans have all the famous tanks. Tigers, Panthers, Kingtiger, etc.
The reaon I prefer playing Germans is simply the design of having more specialized, yet more powerful units. I hate throwing away medium tanks by the dozens or rushing blobs into MGs.

Also Soviets are way too restrictive: Either you go for Advanced medium tanks OR heavy tanks. It's possible with one doctrine to have advanced mediums and heavy tanks but then you lack Elite infantry. And so on.

The quality factions are OKW, Ostheer and Brits. OKW because of the additional vet and Ostheer because of good specialization. Why don't I like playing Brits then? Because those are way too easy and cancerous (Comet, Mortar Pits, double Brens).

The most fun and rewarding faction is Ostheer since it has everything available and requires you to combine your arms and think.
25 Jun 2017, 12:19 PM

Funfact: Out of all of the automatch games played exactly 50% played as Allies and 50% as Axis.

Yes and if there were 10000 Axis players and 10 Allies players all trying to find a game this stat would stay the same and thus fairly reflecting the player base.
25 Jun 2017, 12:21 PM

With 3 differents allies factions, german are still the favorites, at least in my game mode, 2v2.
Why?

In my case, I like playing 2v2 german because I find the games more challenging. Seems easier to play allies. Try double werh! and feel the cheese of allies.

25 Jun 2017, 12:29 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

In my case, I like playing 2v2 german because I find the games more challenging.

Ehm nope!

Seems easier to play allies. Try double werh! and feel the cheese of allies.

Ah yeah then yes :)

25 Jun 2017, 12:43 PM

Permanently Banned
When i tired to play with allies and whanna relax i choose axis :snfPeter:
25 Jun 2017, 12:57 PM

KV2 can be alright but costs the same as a fucking Tiger.
I can live this price but not this CP. Seriously, CP 14? Damn KT come early.
25 Jun 2017, 13:43 PM

Double Ostheer still insta lose
25 Jun 2017, 13:52 PM

Double Ostheer is only instant lose if enemy is smart and gets early rocket arty to rape all them lame Ostheer support weapons. I swear especially in 1on1 Ost is almost as bad as Brits sometimes. Double AT-Gun, Stug, tripple MG, mortar, HT for reinforcment, teller mines and mine fields everywhere. Then zero movement till double cap won him the game. These ppl are the worst lol...
25 Jun 2017, 14:23 PM

Double Ostheer is only instant lose if enemy is smart and gets early rocket arty to rape all them lame Ostheer support weapons. I swear especially in 1on1 Ost is almost as bad as Brits sometimes. Double AT-Gun, Stug, tripple MG, mortar, HT for reinforcment, teller mines and mine fields everywhere. Then zero movement till double cap won him the game. These ppl are the worst lol...

Unfortunately that is the way that faction is designed to play. The same goes for Soviets, that are supposed to be aggressive, yet lack basically all means to do so and have to crutch on doctrines to get by..
25 Jun 2017, 14:34 PM

Unfortunately that is the way that faction is designed to play. The same goes for Soviets, that are supposed to be aggressive, yet lack basically all means to do so and have to crutch on doctrines to get by..

Well yes they are designed around good support weapons but it still comes down to who plays them. This doesn´t apply to high lvl players but lots of the mid-low tier OST players are just too defensive and basically do nothing all game while you are constantly banging your head against a wall of MGs, AT-Guns, Mines, etc. That´s not fun. Ideally I enjoy games with lots of infantry fights that go back and forth. Both sides moving etc. Not one side (usually me) trying to brake-up some defense while the Ost player does nothing but reposition support weapons and reinforce with HT.

25 Jun 2017, 14:38 PM

Well yes they are designed around good support weapons but it still comes down to who plays them. This doesn´t apply to high lvl players but lots of the mid-low tier OST players are just too defensive and basically do nothing all game while you are constantly banging your head against a wall of MGs, AT-Guns, Mines, etc. That´s not fun. Ideally I enjoy games with lots of infantry fights that go back and forth. Both sides moving etc. Not one side (usually me) trying to brake-up some defense while the Ost player does nothing but reposition support weapons and reinforce with HT.

The reason they do this is because if you make 1 mistake as Ostheer, you lose. I can make a lot of mistakes with OKW or Soviets and get away with it.
25 Jun 2017, 14:41 PM

The reason they do this is because if you make 1 mistake as Ostheer, you lose. I can make a lot of mistakes with OKW or Soviets and get away with it.
Yup, Ostheer is the hardest faction to play. Since the units are so specialized your whole cardhouse of a faction can collapse if you lose a unit - and with the smallest squads in the game that is quite easy.
25 Jun 2017, 14:51 PM

With Soviets? Literally the hardest early game in the whole game. Lose one of your precious Penals or Sniper early and it´s gg. Lose one of the Dshk and it´s gg. If you play against OKW and you don´t get it perfectly right against early Luchs rush and it´s gg. I am not playing Ost at the moment so I dont want to comment on that but the truth is Soviets are everything but easy to play with. They can be very powerful but everything must be done right in order to get there.

25 Jun 2017, 14:57 PM

Why ?

Because of this :hansSTUG: this :hansSTUG: :hansSTUG: :hansSTUG: and this :hansSTUG: :hansSTUG: :hansSTUG: :hansSTUG: :hansSTUG: :hansSTUG: :hansSTUG: :hansSTUG: :hansSTUG: :hansSTUG:

Most players who dont play competivly play the faction which looks cooler. And those, who play competivly, play both sides. The third categhory are guys who enjoy izi wins and play the most OP faction of current time ;)
25 Jun 2017, 17:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Funfact: Out of all of the automatch games played exactly 50% played as Allies and 50% as Axis.

50.01% played as Allies cause there were people abusing faction swapping :D

The third categhory are guys who enjoy izi wins and play the most OP faction of current time ;)

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

People who play because of tanks, uniforms, history or just 1 faction lovers are the minority. People who play what's the strongest at the moment are the majority.
For 2v2 and beyond:
-When axis was ez mode with the release of WFA, you'll see a steady rise on the amount of Axis games.
-When allies was ez mode with the release of UKF, people swap over to the new faction.
-OKW escaping scope and allied cheese been nerfed, let's go back to playing Axis.

Shame we don't have coh2charts for accurate stats.
25 Jun 2017, 17:59 PM
Senior Editor Badge

25 Jun 2017, 18:05 PM

With Soviets? Literally the hardest early game in the whole game. Lose one of your precious Penals or Sniper early and it´s gg. Lose one of the Dshk and it´s gg. If you play against OKW and you don´t get it perfectly right against early Luchs rush and it´s gg. I am not playing Ost at the moment so I dont want to comment on that but the truth is Soviets are everything but easy to play with. They can be very powerful but everything must be done right in order to get there.

You serious lol? Penals start is slow, but penals rape everything.
25 Jun 2017, 19:03 PM

Permanently Banned

Nope, its can be for some strats or map, but in generall, nope. Its have same + and - like 2 okw or 2 soviets.
25 Jun 2017, 19:10 PM

Nope, its can be for some strats or map, but in generall, nope. Its have same + and - like 2 okw or 2 soviets.

Well it's a - just that they don't have okw on their team. Simply better than ostheer in every department except infantry machine guns.
25 Jun 2017, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2017, 08:26 AMTAKTCOM

This.
My attempts to use this strategy in 3x3 or 4x4 have failed. Bcs MG42 and volks hords is everywhere so you penals lay down and car burning.

Elefant or Japtiger with some support hard counter ANY ally armor. Katty is OK.

Try adding a sniper to your penal blob to deal with mg42s.
JT and ele are only good if they have supporting panthers.
Katty kills all other AT. Soviets are fine in 4v4s. Especially vs ostheer.
I think the only problem in 4v4s is OKW being a bit too strong with their FRPs and excellent non doc rocket arty and heavies.

4v4 meta in general is rocket arty spam from Allies with TD supporting and for axis it's rocket arty and panthers or other heavy tanks.

Brits have good TDs but no arty, USF has bad TDs and no arty, Soviets have good TDs AND rocket arty. Non doctrinal that is.

JT and elephant is only OP on small open maps
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS