Login

russian armor

Why so many people play german

25 Jun 2017, 21:38 PM

Lol. The amount of motivated reasoning in this thread is hilarious.

People literally will create narratives about the factions they choose requiring a special level of skill and specialization (despite objective evidence like win rates) in order to make themselves feel good about themselves and their choices.
25 Jun 2017, 22:26 PM

Permanently Banned

Well it's a - just that they don't have okw on their team. Simply better than ostheer in every department except infantry machine guns.

One biggest problem are 4 man squads and more potential wipes vs arty or tanks. All another are fine. All this power good work in 2v2, when one go t3 another t4.
We play with teammate more game with 2 ostheer then 1 ostheer + 1 okw this year, in this patch and old patch with flame penals. In vanilla maps and some new, ostther work normal, but in some close maps or railway stantions map, thay work bad, but its okey.
25 Jun 2017, 22:51 PM

Try adding a sniper to your penal blob to deal with mg42s.

Do you have any idea how much mp that costs?!

JT and ele are only good if they have supporting panthers.
JT and elephant is only OP on small open maps

Supporting Panthers?! wtf dude, no wonder you regard heavy TDs as weak if you build your army around them in the worst way possible.
25 Jun 2017, 23:53 PM

It would of been super if the devs put in a random option, ie, join which ever side needs a player in team games for automatch.

I really don't care which side I play and would likely find fun in the variety.
26 Jun 2017, 02:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2017, 23:53 PMNano
It would of been super if the devs put in a random option, ie, join which ever side needs a player in team games for automatch.

I really don't care which side I play and would likely find fun in the variety.

I always loved automatching as random on coh1.
26 Jun 2017, 06:11 AM

Lol. The amount of motivated reasoning in this thread is hilarious.

People literally will create narratives about the factions they choose requiring a special level of skill and specialization (despite objective evidence like win rates) in order to make themselves feel good about themselves and their choices.

+1

Nobody likes to lose.

26 Jun 2017, 07:53 AM

i dont know why germans are the most played faction in every 2ww game...but i guess i belongs to their possibilty to hold many fronts to many big armys/ the half world about many years.

they lost against a fight vs a enemy which doesnt fight...they lost a fight vs a enemy which only bomb and use indirect fire like hell.

in every tank vs tank, man vs man fight the own their enemy so mamny times.

the lost because of all-the-day-bombing, no gas, to huge fronts, and to less tanks.

look to guderian or the wüsten fuchs ....how easy the own whole armys, which was such bigger and better (poland in 4weaks, france in 8weaks, russia the first month...3millions soldies was beaten etc etc)

it was not a air/ indirect armys like the US or brits...which only shot from far away ...
26 Jun 2017, 11:11 AM

Try adding a sniper to your penal blob to deal with mg42s.
It make work in 1v1 but not in 3x3 or 4x4. Like RedT3rror said sniper + penal blob = lot men power. Squads come late on the field (high price) and you can't hold line with small forces.
For example day before yesterday i play sov on Steppes 4x4. On 4 minute mark OST have 3 HMG and OKW have 2 cubels and 3 volks. I may have 2 penal and 1 sniper team insteed of my 2 con, 2 maxims and forced to mass retreat. Yeah, ally sov can do 2 penal and 1 sniper too and this will still not enough. I mean: 4 pen + 2 snp vs 3 HMG + 2 cub + 3 volks? I don't think it will work.

JT and ele are only good if they have supporting panthers.
Again JT and ele supporting panthers it insane amount of resources. I use stugs then play jager and pz.IV (or maybe ostwind if ally infantry is extra blobing) then play fort. armor to cover my elefant.

Soviets are fine in 4v4s.
Sov are mediocre. USA is terrible in 4x4 and i have no idea how people play them. And UK is good in all except arty.

JT and elephant is only OP on small open maps
You don't need to shoot through all map. You need hold stars and fuel. German HTD do at.

they lost against a fight vs a enemy which doesnt fight...they lost a fight vs a enemy which only bomb and use indirect fire like hell...it was not a air/ indirect armys like the US or brits...which only shot from far away ...
26 Jun 2017, 11:37 AM

i talked about the us army and the brits...sovjets was the only army which fight....the other both bombed all the time and cry after air support after the first contact with germans.

26 Jun 2017, 11:51 AM

Brits are boring, and cheesy, and bring nothing to this game. They need a fundamental rework.
Soviets can be really fun and rewarding if they are played as they were originally conceived, meaning centered around conscripts and support, but the meta and cheese synergies have conspired to make them a crappy faction.
US is fun, then again, I played overwhelmingly US in vcoh, and I like the challenge of flanking and timing against skilled defensive play. OKW is on the whole a onedimensional and repetitive faction that I neither enjoy playing as nor against. OH from a conceptual standpoint is far and away the best faction in this game.

Of course a great many people especially in teamgames play Axis out of fanboyismo or because they imagine themselves in an SS uniform running roughshod over those puny Bolsheviks while listening to the Panzerlied, some bizarre roleplaying. The same applies to the Allies only faction though, which is quite prominent in this game in its own right.
26 Jun 2017, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2017, 11:11 AMTAKTCOM
It make work in 1v1 but not in 3x3 or 4x4. Like RedT3rror said sniper + penal blob = lot men power. Squads come late on the field (high price) and you can't hold line with small forces.
For example day before yesterday i play sov on Steppes 4x4. On 4 minute mark OST have 3 HMG and OKW have 2 cubels and 3 volks. I may have 2 penal and 1 sniper team insteed of my 2 con, 2 maxims and forced to mass retreat. Yeah, ally sov can do 2 penal and 1 sniper too and this will still not enough. I mean: 4 pen + 2 snp vs 3 HMG + 2 cub + 3 volks? I don't think it will work.
Again JT and ele supporting panthers it insane amount of resources. I use stugs then play jager and pz.IV (or maybe ostwind if ally infantry is extra blobing) then play fort. armor to cover my elefant.
Sov are mediocre. USA is terrible in 4x4 and i have no idea how people play them. And UK is good in all except arty.
You don't need to shoot through all map. You need hold stars and fuel. German HTD do at.

That opening works good for me... I usually get an m3 scout car too and Hunt down the OKW trucks the satchel with penals. M3 also hard counters kubel with the high penetration main gun.
BO: t1 penal SC penal sniper/penal depending on the map and enemy.

Then go t3 double t70 if they went battlegroup or SU76 if the went mechanized.

Then tech t4 and spam katushya and mines. They'll dive your katty and lose their tanks while you bomb the battlegroup hq
26 Jun 2017, 16:47 PM

i dont know why germans are the most played faction in every 2ww game...but i guess i belongs to their possibilty to hold many fronts to many big armys/ the half world about many years.

they lost against a fight vs a enemy which doesnt fight...they lost a fight vs a enemy which only bomb and use indirect fire like hell.

in every tank vs tank, man vs man fight the own their enemy so mamny times.

the lost because of all-the-day-bombing, no gas, to huge fronts, and to less tanks.

look to guderian or the wüsten fuchs ....how easy the own whole armys, which was such bigger and better (poland in 4weaks, france in 8weaks, russia the first month...3millions soldies was beaten etc etc)

it was not a air/ indirect armys like the US or brits...which only shot from far away ...

The fact that the USA's population was many times bigger than Germany's didn't help either. I disagree with your statement that the allies didn't fight though. D-Day? Battle of the bulge (no air support and dwindling artillery supplies, especially in Bastogne)? And bombing was only uncontested because the allies established air supremacy after the Battle of Britain and the Germans had to rely on ground-based AA for the rest of the war.

Another thing to consider is that the Germans didn't have to invade Russia and the Japanese didn't have to bomb Pearl Harbor. They both screwed up bad there.

Another another thing to consider is that maybe they should've just stayed away from fascism. That tends to get a lot of people angry at you.
26 Jun 2017, 23:17 PM

The fact that the USA's population was many times bigger than Germany's didn't help either. I disagree with your statement that the allies didn't fight though. D-Day? Battle of the bulge (no air support and dwindling artillery supplies, especially in Bastogne)? And bombing was only uncontested because the allies established air supremacy after the Battle of Britain and the Germans had to rely on ground-based AA for the rest of the war.

Another thing to consider is that the Germans didn't have to invade Russia and the Japanese didn't have to bomb Pearl Harbor. They both screwed up bad there.

Another another thing to consider is that maybe they should've just stayed away from fascism. That tends to get a lot of people angry at you.

Not to mention all the scientists that defected to the US.
Had High Command been convinced of the advantages of rocketry, and dumped the resources in nuclear research, chances are we wouldnt see the heavy tanks we have today (jagh, tiger, elefant), and Stalingrad would be a massive radioactive hole by now.
26 Jun 2017, 23:37 PM

Not to mention all the scientists that defected to the US.
Had High Command been convinced of the advantages of rocketry, and dumped the resources in nuclear research, chances are we wouldnt see the heavy tanks we have today (jagh, tiger, elefant), and Stalingrad would be a massive radioactive hole by now.

And everywhere else hitler could hit before he committed suicide. So Britain, France, etc.

But then we would've had to give breakthrough doctrine a tactical nuke instead of jagdtiger lol. Basically the same thing kappa.
27 Jun 2017, 00:00 AM

Do you have any idea how much mp that costs?!

Supporting Panthers?! wtf dude, no wonder you regard heavy TDs as weak if you build your army around them in the worst way possible.

That strategy works for me. If you can't pull it off try something else :)

Regarding JT and Elephant, I never build panthers to support my elephant or JT but my Allies always seem to spam panthers so I typically spam pwerfers when I get and elephant.

And no i don't regard the JT and Elephant as weak at all. I think they are over powered on certain maps and fairly useless on others.

You seem to disagree with everything I say which I find amusing ;)
27 Jun 2017, 06:54 AM

wtf? D-day? No indirect fire from allies?? it was one of the biggest indriect fire party ever.

all ships/arti/planes fire all the day on the beach. on the beach where was all destroyed...the was no great defence....but the allies lost hard on omaha beach...where german bunkers wasnt destroyed...

and ardenen ofensive? the problem was the air support from allies, to less gas, to less information (axis anti air weopans shot down about 250 german planes)
in ardenen assault the allies lost much more than german...and dont forget sovjet was at this time on assault too. 3 huges fronts at the same time.

once more: poland lost in 4 weaks, france in 8weaks....both had much bigger armys than germany.
germany assault the whole europe, except GB.
the destroyed huge armys from the sovjets in no time and get north africa...

and allies (a army of the half world) need 4years? really?
27 Jun 2017, 10:15 AM

wtf? D-day? No indirect fire from allies?? it was one of the biggest indriect fire party ever.

Off topic but, the shore bombardment on dday wasn't at all effective. The heavy bomber sorties missed their targets due to weather. And the naval bombardment lasted a whole 30 minutes on American beaches and 1:30 on British Canadian beaches.

Compared to the week long bombardments of ww1, USN naval bombardments on Japanese islands and Russian fuck-huge bombardments, d day was a breeze that was ultimately ineffective.
27 Jun 2017, 14:38 PM

Everyone plays "germans" because they are very OP

I hope that was the answer you were seeking
27 Jun 2017, 15:39 PM

Yes the teamgame (2v2+) meta hasnt really improved after the recent 2 patches. Before, allied arty spam + british off-map strikes and their tanks were too annoying, and now OKW has just evolved into a super brainless faction since most of the cheesy counters from allies got nerfed.

Now you need at least 1 player in your team who abuses UKF to the limit in order to stand a chance in a regular higher rank match vs fukin' (double) OKW. (2v2 speaking).... either this or you need to pray that at least 1 OKW player is a full-blown imbecile.

But well it is a known problem that teamgames are close to impossible to balance, that's just how it is sadly. If something big gets changed in next patch, then ppl will just move to another meta play + abuse. And that won't stop until every single unit + doctrine in CoH2 reached a balanced state, unfortunately this will never happen
27 Jun 2017, 17:07 PM

I think the reason why so many people play the German factions is because its taboo. The idea as playing as "the bad guys" in any game that lets you is appealing to a lot of people.

Then you have the ones who are in it for all the famous German tanks; Tiger, Panther, King Tiger, etc.

You also have the people who like to imagine themselves as someone like Erwin Rommel or something, and want to fantasize about fighting "for the Reich" or whatever.

The "bad guy" factions tend to be the most unique as well. They usually have the coolest looking units, the best dialogue for characters, etc.

Me personally? I like playing as the Germans for the first two reasons. Don't get me wrong, the Nazis were bad and everything, but I've always played "as the bad guys" in every RTS game. Empire at War, Command and Conquer series, Universe at War, etc. Its a combination of a unique pair of factions (Whermacht and OKW), the fact they are "the bad guys", have the famous German vehicles in their arsenals, and are the most fun to play.

Skill is one thing, sure, and you can make that argument all day long, but I think the absolute vast majority of players who play CoH 2 don't really care for online competitive multiplayer and just want to play a good WWII RTS for fun, and that means playing as the Germans.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★