Login

russian armor

How to counter early Soviet FW HQ in team games.

23 Jun 2017, 20:21 PM

Permanently Banned
How to counter Urban defence commander's FW HQs.

They cancer in urban maps, taking fuel points and boosting any other infantry on the spot. Super hard to take down houses, if down they infest any other house with no problem.

23 Jun 2017, 20:32 PM

Rush crucial buildings asap if you see the commander in enemy's roster.
23 Jun 2017, 21:15 PM

wehr = flametruck
okw = eh.... maybe walking stuka but too late
23 Jun 2017, 22:21 PM

not gonna be able to stop this on urban maps by occupying buildings... you have to make them bleed like crazy by trying to use the FHQ. flame HT, ostwind, luchs, and stuka are solid counters. you just gotta play around it for a bit.
23 Jun 2017, 23:31 PM

Diligent use of map vetoes when playing axis factions. :P
24 Jun 2017, 01:54 AM

Or just go around it till you can knock down the building with enough mortars/isgs or a stuka.
24 Jun 2017, 02:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

-Identify commander in the enemy loadout.
-If the map has a stone building in a key position which could cut you off, DONT ABANDON IT. Ex: south spawn Trois Point (Church) or Ettelbruck's middle Station.

-If the map is composed of wooden houses, then DON'T FIGHT over the FHQ. Use suppression and nuke it with indirect fire. If you push, use flamers/nades.
OH: flamer pio, mortar, FHT, mortar HT.
OKW: Stuka - P2, ISG - Flak HT. Volley nade, Goliath.

Remember, don't panic. Each FHQ means 300mp/60f down the drain if you are patient enough to not over-commit mp bleed into it. Buildings can't be repaired and any damage done, is permanent. The commander is practically an all in since it has no late game power. Anything more than 1 of them, means NO TECH/VEHICLES from the soviet player.

On teamgames, be careful of what their partner is doing. Don't be with your pants down if you are against an UK player and he skips all tech to get a quick Centaur/Cromwell. Ideally one player goes something fuel based to kill it early and the other goes for a medium tank.
24 Jun 2017, 02:19 AM

-Identify commander in the enemy loadout.
-If the map has a stone building in a key position which could cut you off, DONT ABANDON IT. Ex: south spawn Trois Point (Church) or Ettelbruck's middle Station.

-If the map is composed of wooden houses, then DON'T FIGHT over the FHQ. Use suppression and nuke it with indirect fire. If you push, use flamers/nades.
OH: flamer pio, mortar, FHT, mortar HT.
OKW: Stuka - P2, ISG - Flak HT. Volley nade, Goliath.

Remember, don't panic. Each FHQ means 300mp/60f down the drain if you are patient enough to not over-commit mp bleed into it. Buildings can't be repaired and any damage done, is permanent. The commander is practically an all in since it has no late game power. Anything more than 1 of them, means NO TECH/VEHICLES from the soviet player.

On teamgames, be careful of what their partner is doing. Don't be with your pants down if you are against an UK player and he skips all tech to get a quick Centaur/Cromwell. Ideally one player goes something fuel based to kill it early and the other goes for a medium tank.

Bundled nades nuke wooden buildings too. One is enough for most buildings.
24 Jun 2017, 06:29 AM

I had to face this multiple times on Ettlebruck where they got to the train station first and made it into a fhq. That thing is almost impossible to take down until stuka arrives lol.
24 Jun 2017, 07:27 AM

Same as countering OKW FRP as forth of fifth unit
24 Jun 2017, 09:21 AM
Donator 11

I had to face this multiple times on Ettlebruck where they got to the train station first and made it into a fhq. That thing is almost impossible to take down until stuka arrives lol.

You can actually set buildings on fire and burn them in coh2. All you need flamer pio or a few nades. It also works against stone buildings for some reason although you need more flame damage.

Another thing is that soviet FW HQs have no frp so you can just pin your opponent with mg crossfire.
24 Jun 2017, 15:14 PM

You can actually set buildings on fire and burn them in coh2. All you need flamer pio or a few nades. It also works against stone buildings for some reason although you need more flame damage.

Another thing is that soviet FW HQs have no frp so you can just pin your opponent with mg crossfire.

You understand they changed the values so that buildings take forever to catch fire now? Ever thought about the train station I mentioned? It takes ages to even catch fire.
24 Jun 2017, 16:10 PM

You understand they changed the values so that buildings take forever to catch fire now? Ever thought about the train station I mentioned? It takes ages to even catch fire.

Yeah I think I've seen a building catch fire once ever. Stuka and bundled nade spam is still your best bet.
24 Jun 2017, 16:17 PM

Yeah I think I've seen a building catch fire once ever. Stuka and bundled nade spam is still your best bet.

Even the Russian incendiary arty doesn't set fire to buildings every time...

Yeah bundled nade spam is the way to go. Most buildings die to one bundled nade lol!
25 Jun 2017, 17:07 PM

Even the Russian incendiary arty doesn't set fire to buildings every time...

Yeah bundled nade spam is the way to go. Most buildings die to one bundled nade lol!

Yep. They're available pretty early on pgrens too, probably only a minute or less after he gets his fhq up.
25 Jun 2017, 18:06 PM

Yep. They're available pretty early on pgrens too, probably only a minute or less after he gets his fhq up.

yeah but they don't damage stone buildings that much, which most urban maps have.
25 Jun 2017, 18:33 PM

forward hq + partizants + city map = easy win
25 Jun 2017, 23:57 PM

This is one of the most absolute cancer abilities that hasn't been balanced ever for some reason I will never understand.

As Ost you can get a variety of tools but as OKW you need to get MG fast to suppress or you are done.
26 Jun 2017, 00:01 AM
Donator 11

When did that change happen? The station catches fire at least every second time I play ettelbruck.
26 Jun 2017, 14:00 PM

When did that change happen? The station catches fire at least every second time I play ettelbruck.

Pff, that was quite some time ago. Test it for yourself, get a pioneer or combat engineer with a flamethrower and try to burn down a house. It will take agea.

Now a flame ht will do it quicker, still takes a while.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★