Login

russian armor

251 Half-track for OKW

Give OKW 251 (open-topped) half-track in Mech HQ, while the Stuka will be an upgrade for the 251
Option Distribution Votes
48%
41%
11%
Total votes: 27
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
20 Jun 2017, 05:22 AM

Is it possible to turn the Stuka Half-track into a 250 MP/30 FU open-topped 251 Half-track, which then required a 140MP/70FU upgrade to be a Stuka once again? This way, OKW will have access to a mobile reinforcement platform (Which, in my opinion, is needed to all faction non-doctrinally), the open-topped part (Allow troops to fire out, similar to the M5) could be a nice touch for those who doesn't want the OKW one to be exactly the same as the Wehrmacht one.
20 Jun 2017, 05:55 AM

I'd be on board. Definitely a good idea concerning implementation.
20 Jun 2017, 07:10 AM

Actually, this is quite decent idea in my opinion.

T1 will have forward reinforcement through tier structure, T2 through HT. One support defensive strategy, the other one - offensive.

Can be also used to delay Wurfrahmen 40 a bit, because IMO it may come a little too early if rushed.
20 Jun 2017, 07:16 AM

I like the idea, but I think that one of the intentionally designed weaknesses of the OKW forward retreat Med HQ is that you cannot move it. So it's placement is high risk/reward strat.

Where as the advantage of the USF ambulance is that it is mobile.

Imagine a moving reinforce point for Volks who can self heal out of combat. Seems like it would be O.P. in the current game format.
20 Jun 2017, 07:42 AM

I support giving OKW options but then efficiency of volkd has to decrease.
20 Jun 2017, 11:57 AM

volks are outgunned by upgraded rilfes and IS...and even by penals
20 Jun 2017, 12:08 PM
Strategist Badge

Obers/Fussies/any OKW inf with a halftrack to reinforce from? No thanks.
20 Jun 2017, 12:17 PM

cause that you can push better with your sov sniper?
20 Jun 2017, 13:39 PM

Every factions should get the same treatment if OKW manage to receive this: This means the M5 is available non-doctrinally for both USF and UKF as well (EFA factions already had this since the beginning of the game and it's pretty much an essential element in the game). The Obers/Panzerfusilliers combo is more because of Panzerfusilliers and Obers, not the reinforcemeny platform, which means that some tweaking will be needed... Even though, it's very much clear that the implementation of something new will always result in changes to other units as well, and if every factions got the same treatment (I did mention that this should be done to all factions, but my post will be asking about the OKW one since they had quite an obvious option: the Stuka itself), then it would be fine, to be honest.
20 Jun 2017, 13:49 PM
Strategist Badge

Every factions should get the same treatment if OKW manage to receive this: This means the M5 is available non-doctrinally for both USF and UKF as well (EFA factions already had this since the beginning of the game and it's pretty much an essential element in the game). The Obers/Panzerfusilliers combo is more because of Panzerfusilliers and Obers, not the reinforcemeny platform, which means that some tweaking will be needed... Even though, it's very much clear that the implementation of something new will always result in changes to other units as well, and if every factions got the same treatment (I did mention that this should be done to all factions, but my post will be asking about the OKW one since they had quite an obvious option: the Stuka itself), then it would be fine, to be honest.

Fair enough we could change loads of parts of the game to improve design, however that level of work probably wont be allowed because of limitations of 'scope'. You also run the risk of making OKW into a OST but with a KT.

I'm not opposed to the idea that we might change things up with OKW but giving them a half track would almost certainly make med HQ inferior to a Mech/luchs build using halftracks for forward reinforce with Sturms med crates in support. I think this, even if OKW inf got some nerfs would be OP. And if not OP certainly a prominent meta.
20 Jun 2017, 13:51 PM

I would rather want to see Volks be close to the level of Osttruppen (Good cannon-fodder unit, providing faust when needed, but their fighting capability would be effective when in cover only, unlike right now where they can charge in open ground effectively). Maybe not the exact copy, but just slightly stronger. Consider the fact that OKW's main damage dealers are Sturm in early game, Obers later on and their good arsenal of armours (Mid-game can be easily cover by LVs or doctrinal units like Panzerfusilliers, Jaegers, Falls), the efficiency of Volks right now not only makes all of their main damage-dealing forces unneeded, but it can make OKW way too powerful if in the right hand.
20 Jun 2017, 14:27 PM

This isn't anything new really, I even had an idea of scarping the individual 251s and intoducing a single 251 in the Mechanized HQ from which you could upgrade to a more specialized role. It was intended to save space in the production queue. But alas my modding knowledge, experience and time weren't enough to do it sadly.
20 Jun 2017, 15:41 PM

I like the idea and would agree if there were no FRPs in the game but unfortunately there are so it would be to bigger advantage for OKW/UKF imo. Remove FRPs completely and then your suggested idea would make the game alot more fun and more skill based.
20 Jun 2017, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2017, 07:16 AMNano

Imagine a moving reinforce point for Volks who can self heal out of combat. Seems like it would be O.P. in the current game format.

Sounds like something the Brits already have.

But I agree in current format it would be too strong. If FRP ever gets removed (hopefully it could), I think it'd be an interesting addition.
20 Jun 2017, 19:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Is it possible to turn the Stuka Half-track into a 250 MP/30 FU open-topped 251 Half-track, which then required a 140MP/70FU upgrade to be a Stuka once again? This way, OKW will have access to a mobile reinforcement platform (Which, in my opinion, is needed to all faction non-doctrinally), the open-topped part (Allow troops to fire out, similar to the M5) could be a nice touch for those who doesn't want the OKW one to be exactly the same as the Wehrmacht one.

I have looked into this before. In terms of modding, I do not think it is not possible to hide the cages based on animators.
20 Jun 2017, 20:50 PM

Why not a 250 halftrack replacing the Flak halftrack? It would go well with Sturms and STG44 Volks.
20 Jun 2017, 20:59 PM

This way, OKW will have access to a mobile reinforcement platform (Which, in my opinion, is needed to all faction non-doctrinally), the open-topped part (Allow troops to fire out, similar to the M5) could be a nice touch for those who doesn't want the OKW one to be exactly the same as the Wehrmacht one.

I dont think that mobile reinforcement platforms are beneficial to gameplay and I find them even worse than FRP. Just makes no sense when you see units fighting you at key points of the map or even right infront of your base while being able to reinforce at the same time. It also encourages camping because of how easy it is to keep MGs and AT-guns alive without having to retreat them after they got hit by mortar/sniper/arty etc. If there was some sort of cool-down on reinforcing (for example units need to be out of combat for 10 seconds before they can reinforce) it would be OKish. But right now NO.
20 Jun 2017, 21:07 PM

I have previously toyed with the idea of giving reinforcing halftracks a rapid reinforce ability that would reinforce a squad completely in an instant but have a longish cooldown.

The ht would want to get in and out instead of remain in combat to keep reinforcing.

Though if it was a targeted ability it'd benefit larger squads more. I'd thought about an aoe effect that instantly reinforced squads in the same fashion but had no idea how to implement it cleanly or have it balanced.
20 Jun 2017, 21:53 PM

I dont think that mobile reinforcement platforms are beneficial to gameplay and I find them even worse than FRP. Just makes no sense when you see units fighting you at key points of the map or even right infront of your base while being able to reinforce at the same time. It also encourages camping because of how easy it is to keep MGs and AT-guns alive without having to retreat them after they got hit by mortar/sniper/arty etc. If there was some sort of cool-down on reinforcing (for example units need to be out of combat for 10 seconds before they can reinforce) it would be OKish. But right now NO.

Sorry dude but you are part of the minority here, and honestly I dont see this mechanic being changed at all.
Been there since days of vCoH, and IMO you should be awarded well if you pull off a flanking manoeuvre
20 Jun 2017, 23:27 PM

You mean turn the Stuka into a copy of the one from CoH1? Kappa
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight