Out of the 5 factions, I cannot think of a single squad that requires FRP to work (or for which adding FRP on top of their abilities doesn't make them OP).
This is especially so for OKW and Brits, which already have access to some of the best tanks in the game:
- FRP and MGs? NO way; too much turtling
- FRP and Volks? They have passive healing and sandbags. Those guys also have salvage to deny team-weapons they can't cap
- FRP and Pfussies/Obers? No way, they have passive sprint for that; just reduce reinforce time for Obers (which we did)
- FRP and Falls/JLI? No need; those guys are strong enough and have stealth
- FRP and Tommies? No need; look at Volks; 5-man upgrade is also supposed to cover for that
- FRP and Sappers? No need; same as tommies
- FRP and Commandos? They have stealth to get back to the frontlines
USF and FRP? Not really necessary; just make the Ambulance less of a chore to micro.
If you think that removing FRP homogenises factions too much, and you want us to buff counters instead, think of the number of non-doc options we would have to add USF and Brits to counter the extreme turtling inherent in FRPs. Then, think again whether adding non-doc heavy artillery to every single faction is more invasive than removing FRPs, or less invasive.
You'd need to add nondoc options to factions that already have plenty in order to counter something that is already pretty easy to counter? Why? Why is removing FRP priority over so many other glaring balance issues?
Lack of suppression platforms and smoke for OKW
Lack of lategame staying power for USF
Incredibly effective and durable emplacements for UKF on top of having the best and most durable lategame infantry.
Little incentive to tech t2 as Soviets, especially considering doctrinal options available
Wehr is practically the only faction that doesn't need to be touched, but based off your track record you'll probably find something to remove or mess with there, too.
How about moving the focus away from removing features from the game to reworking and tweaking them instead. If you wanted to make drastic changes like these to the game then just make the "balance" mod your own separate mod that didn't influence the balance direction of the game.