Login

russian armor

When will the beloved Brits enter the balance scope?

17 Jun 2017, 06:39 AM

Since OKW managed to sneakily enter the scope and get punished by unwarranted nerfs and changes, how about we give the Brits the same treatment? Especially because people complain more about UKF and they are the most abusive faction at the moment?

These are the core problems: Broken Offmaps, ridiculous nades, silly suvivability valuse and bonuses, double LMGs, double piats, ultra fast teching, powerful-multirole-non doctrinal vehicles, and, you guessed it, emplacements.
17 Jun 2017, 07:13 AM

>Checks win/loss stats for Armies
>Remembers last patch severely nerfed Brits
>Sees this topic

Wooooot
17 Jun 2017, 08:17 AM

I wish they'd just redo EFA srmies first and see how it goes before starting to balance WFA and Brits. But yeah Brits are the faction that needs to be revamped the most, both buffs and nerfs.
17 Jun 2017, 08:31 AM

>Checks win/loss stats for Armies
>Remembers last patch severely nerfed Brits
>Sees this topic

Wooooot
Believe it or not but win/loss ratios don't mean shit.

If someone half my level can keep me busy for 40 minutes by building a mortar pit on certain maps, even if I eventually win, there is something seriously wrong with the game.
17 Jun 2017, 10:43 AM

double isg next to medic truck protected by flaktruck is way worse than single mortar pit, bofors is shiet aec is 2x better and if something go wrong for okw player lefh say halo so pls dont spam threads like this its just boring. OKW is USF and UKF in one faction easier to blob and better with turtling So dont be surprise Alies always chose caliope or matres lel
17 Jun 2017, 13:04 PM
Patrion 14

Since OKW managed to sneakily enter the scope
It did not. Scope is what Relic sets. The OKW changes are what mod team did on their own. The fact that you feel the changes were "unwarranted" are just that, your subjective feeling.

how about we give the Brits the same treatment?

Look at you, you're already at stage 3! You will be over this in no time!
17 Jun 2017, 13:16 PM

It did not. Scope is what Relic sets. The OKW changes are what mod team did on their own. The fact that you feel the changes were "unwarranted" are just that, your subjective feeling.
So my posts and opinions are based on feelings, while yours and your buddies' are based on logic, mathematics, balance chemistery and astrophysics.

Why did you ignore the subject and instead spammed some bland memes?

These are the core problems: Broken Offmaps, ridiculous nades, silly suvivability valuse and bonuses, double LMGs, double piats, ultra fast teching, powerful-multirole-non doctrinal vehicles, and, you guessed it, emplacements.

And yes, it's unofficial but soon (within 6 months likely) it will make it into the live game.

Look at you, you're already at stage 3! You will be over this in no time!
17 Jun 2017, 14:26 PM
Patrion 14

So my posts and opinions are based on feelings, while yours and your buddies' are based on logic, mathematics, balance chemistery and astrophysics.

Okay first of all, how dare you. My memes are only of the dankest quality.

Second, there isn't "me and my buddies". This is not a conspiracy against you or against OKW. I do not always agree with mod team changes, in fact, I think the current Lend Lease cancer I have to deal with EVERY OTHER GAME AS AXIS is largely due to them mucking about with Penals.

OKW needs changes. So do the Brits and the US. I can understand them wanting to do it one faction at a time, starting with the critical ones.

I guarantee you when the Brit changes are revealed we will have britlovers reacting to that the same way you are reacting to OKW changes now. I wonder which side will you be on then and if you will consider the changes "unwarranted".
17 Jun 2017, 14:29 PM

Since OKW managed to sneakily enter the scope and get punished by unwarranted nerfs and changes, how about we give the Brits the same treatment? Especially because people complain more about UKF and they are the most abusive faction at the moment?

There is no scope. Mr. Smith and miragefla are making a personal mod. They're getting a whole lot of attention since they made the balance patches, but this is just a mod of their own making, independent of anything Relic will do.
17 Jun 2017, 17:52 PM

And yes, it's unofficial but soon (within 6 months likely) it will make it into the live game.

Wait double piats and british grenades are op? AEC is multirole? Brits still have broken off maps?

For the love of God.
17 Jun 2017, 17:55 PM

Wait double piats and british grenades are op? AEC is multirole? Brits still have broken off maps?

For the love of God.

Well to be fair, some of Brit off maps like Bombing Run(90% health trucks in one go), Typhoon Loiter(targets inf and tanks with ridiculous damage) and pinpoint Howitzer Barrage are pretty damn too good.

Brit grenades and AEC are LUL however. Must have left an pioneer to an AEC for 1 min.
17 Jun 2017, 18:02 PM

Well to be fair, some of Brit off maps like Bombing Run(90% health trucks in one go), Typhoon Loiter(targets inf and tanks with ridiculous damage) and pinpoint Howitzer Barrage are pretty damn too good.

Brit grenades and AEC are LUL however. Must have left an pioneer to an AEC for 1 min.

Oh right, the bombing run is pretty opieop against okw trucks, and uncounterable, but typhoons get shot down pretty fast, especially by okw (ost has their pintle 42s too) and railway arty is basically the same as the pinpoint howitzer (if you are referring to the one in special weapons). Then there's Stuka db, which is way better than both, even with the EFA revamp changes. Worth mentioning that AEC can't hit the broadside of a barn on the move (it literally misses buildings sometimes) as well.
17 Jun 2017, 18:16 PM

Oh right, the bombing run is pretty opieop against okw trucks, and uncounterable, but typhoons get shot down pretty fast, especially by okw (ost has their pintle 42s too) and railway arty is basically the same as the pinpoint howitzer (if you are referring to the one in special weapons). Then there's Stuka db, which is way better than both, even with the EFA revamp changes. Worth mentioning that AEC can't hit the broadside of a barn on the move (it literally misses buildings sometimes) as well.

Not anymore with the current OKW revamp. Hell I even doubt people will go for the gun upgrade since you literally have to pump out tanks/Obers and thus get the upgrade ASAP. Good freaking luck finding the time for the upgrade before you get overrun by T34s.
17 Jun 2017, 18:37 PM

Not anymore with the current OKW revamp. Hell I even doubt people will go for the gun upgrade since you literally have to pump out tanks/Obers and thus get the upgrade ASAP. Good freaking luck finding the time for the upgrade before you get overrun by T34s.

That's true. Maybe typhoons will be pretty powerful in that case. But then again, I imagine that most people (I definitely will) will upgrade the gun after their first tank rolls out, which is probably after any obers that are wanted are built, since you will have to wait a while before you have enough for more tanks or have to replace obers that get randomly wiped by a stray explosive. I always find that I have a lot of muni as okw, so I don't think cost will be as much of an issue either. On the flip side, I believe smith did mention that the gun in question will be much less effective against planes and planes aren't going to be rng hellholes anymore.
17 Jun 2017, 19:07 PM

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198038732900

>checks playercard

>remembers 12 games are perfectly fine to create a well thought-out, consistent, backupped, thoroughly tested impression about the brits or the gameplay as a whole

>Sees this topic

Wooooot

Hmm, you've been doing this for the last couple of topics now, what is your motivation exactly? Do you have a fetish for me because I proved you wrong or just like stalking me from your mom's basement or something?

Let's settle this like men, or whatever you identify as.
17 Jun 2017, 21:33 PM

Hmm, you've been doing this for the last couple of topics now, what is your motivation exactly? Do you have a fetish for me because I proved you wrong or just like stalking me from your mom's basement or something?

Let's settle this like men, or whatever you identify as.

He's been doing this forever to everyone. Don't take it personally.
17 Jun 2017, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2017, 08:31 AMButcher
Believe it or not but win/loss ratios don't mean shit.

If someone half my level can keep me busy for 40 minutes by building a mortar pit on certain maps, even if I eventually win, there is something seriously wrong with the game.

1) level is irrelevant.

2) argument doesn't really hold up because that would mean a lot of things would need to get nerfed. An opponent "keeping you busy" doesn't make something overpowered at all. I could spam mg42s and only mg42s and probably put up a fight for a while, but in the end, a real tank would run you over. You could also put all your manpower into ostruppen or make like 8 kubels and "keep your opponent busy" for a while, but that doesn't make it viable. Or you could make 5 soviet snipers backed up by one conscript squad to snare diving vehicles and probably exist on the map till tanks come out. Doesn't make any of those strategies overpowered. It's worth noting that I would like to see mortar pits changed, probably by reworking and redesigning them, not just making them worse, but they're not broken and not even op IMO, and are definitely counterable, even just by decent amounts of indirect fire. When I play brits, I'd rather make a sniper than a mortar pit 99 times out of 100, and that's what I do.
18 Jun 2017, 01:53 AM

double isg next to medic truck protected by flaktruck is way worse than single mortar pit, bofors is shiet aec is 2x better and if something go wrong for okw player lefh say halo so pls dont spam threads like this its just boring. OKW is USF and UKF in one faction easier to blob and better with turtling So dont be surprise Alies always chose caliope or matres lel

I will preface my post by saying that I don't really understand this gibberish.

But what I will say is that Double ISG protected by Med HQ and Flak HQ costs 1260MP/165 Fuel and requires T4, if you lose all of it you essentially lose the game.

Remind my how much a mortar pit and bofors combo costs, then remind me what happens when you lose them?
18 Jun 2017, 06:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2017, 01:53 AMNano

I will preface my post by saying that I don't really understand this gibberish.

But what I will say is that Double ISG protected by Med HQ and Flak HQ costs 1260MP/165 Fuel and requires T4, if you lose all of it you essentially lose the game.

Remind my how much a mortar pit and bofors combo costs, then remind me what happens when you lose them?

It sure costs less, but the pit gets countered by double indirect fire and the game is also over if you lose all of a simcity. At least as okw you can get a command panther if you pick that commander (which I usually do for flares if I'm using double isg). Medhq and flakhq are also part of teching, so you would have to include platoon cp and bofors sidetech. Still, emplacements are lulzy and awful, but I guess they're cheaper as you say..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 17
Germany 4
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak