Login

russian armor

8CP-B4 Howitzer how can i deal with it?

17 Jun 2017, 05:22 AM

hi i recently played a game against soviets and i was oshteer. i was dominating the game up until my opponent went and used that fudge against me. how can i deal against that op thing? it seems to kill anything with 1 hit and i mean anything!
17 Jun 2017, 08:15 AM

offmap arty, deep flanks, and a decent degree of hope as it usually misses its target.
17 Jun 2017, 08:32 AM

If it's well protected in a larger game it is the most horse shiet over powered under abused cheese in the game.

I lost a full HP 5 star King Tiger to a single shell from one once.

The Soviet doctrinal units and abilities need scaling back and in return their regular units should be improved a bit.
17 Jun 2017, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2017, 05:22 AMHappyxX
how can i deal against that op thing?

17 Jun 2017, 08:36 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It's shots only do 640 damage, so it can one shot any vehicle panzer4/jadgpanzer and weaker but only if it gets a direct hit. However, the scatter on this unit is quite high, so you have to lucky/unlucky for it really hit anything. Of course like any other unit, scatter is reduced the closer the target.

1. Like all other Arty, it is still vulnerable to off map call ins
2. Your opponent most likely will use mines to help protect it, beware.
3. Use vehicles along the flank and get in to its minimum range, but beware of its vet one "direct fire."
4. The rotation rate may be the slowest in the game.
5.Be aware of "For Mother Russia."

For Mother Russia
Standard Infantry: +0.5 armor, +50% accuracy, squads will sprint.
Team Weapons: +0.5 armor, +25% accuracy to AT guns, Mortars, and all artillery.
+50% accuracy to HMG's

This is one of the most powerful abilities in the game. The .5 armor increase is equivalent to plus 33% Received Accuracy but hmgs usually already have a pen from 1-2 so this armor only effects against other inf.

17 Jun 2017, 11:13 AM
Donator 11

B4 is one of a few team weapons in the game that can be destroyed before killing the crew first (or at least it was like that last time I checked). All you need to do is use the attack command directly on the gun. If the weapon is destroyed the crew dies instantly and the gun is pretty easy to hit. That means you can sneak up or rush with a tank destroyer to kill it. If opponent doesn't expect the attack or just did a full retreat, a single puma is enough to take it down. You can also use stug, jp4 or any other medium tank you have.
17 Jun 2017, 12:11 PM

17 Jun 2017, 18:24 PM

B4 is one of a few team weapons in the game that can be destroyed before killing the crew first (or at least it was like that last time I checked). All you need to do is use the attack command directly on the gun. If the weapon is destroyed the crew dies instantly and the gun is pretty easy to hit. That means you can sneak up or rush with a tank destroyer to kill it. If opponent doesn't expect the attack or just did a full retreat, a single puma is enough to take it down. You can also use stug, jp4 or any other medium tank you have.

Mattress (IIRC as of the latest patch) and other stationary howitzers can also be killed this way. Pretty much any offmap stronger than ost's light 7.8cm barrage combined with recon can counter them really easily as well.
18 Jun 2017, 11:03 AM

I haven't heard that the B4 is op since a long time when it still had the Vet1 precision shot...
18 Jun 2017, 12:56 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I wouldn't call it OP, just a frustrating mechanic. Most of the time you get unlucky and miss that 1st shot so your opponet can begin to attempt to destroy it, but every so often you get a good scatter on that 1st shot and all the sudden your vet 3 grenadier is gone. Kinda like demo charges, 1 shotting full HP squads doesn't require skill so much as clicking 1 button.
18 Jun 2017, 13:14 PM
Donator 11

I wouldn't call it OP, just a frustrating mechanic. Most of the time you get unlucky and miss that 1st shot so your opponet can begin to attempt to destroy it, but every so often you get a good scatter on that 1st shot and all the sudden your vet 3 grenadier is gone. Kinda like demo charges, 1 shotting full HP squads doesn't require skill so much as clicking 1 button.

You are right that from the perspective of high level play the first shot is of the most importance. But I wouldn't call it an issue - even if you manage to hit with that shot and kill a squad or vehicle you still dumped more mp into a howitzer that is soon going to bite the dust than your opponent lost by loosing the squad.

I also think that it is not really OPs problem. His problem is either not having stuka commander in loadout or picking different commander too early, both summed with not having idea how to kill the howie without stuka. And I think this thread already gave him the idea.
18 Jun 2017, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2017, 08:35 AMTAKTCOM

ANd Its 160 ammo only
18 Jun 2017, 17:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

B4 isn't going to pay for itself, unless it wipes at least 3 squads or a tank. That thing has a huge pop (16) and cost for something which most of the time does nothing. There's no counterplay nor soft results. Other Howitzers forces your opponent to redeploy. If the B4 misses, you can keep your troops where they are.
19 Jun 2017, 10:11 AM

It's always wise to have OH to have at least one commander with off map abilities, as well as to wait to see what commander the SU goes before picking one yourself. B4s are predicted through mother Russia abilities.
11 Jul 2017, 07:22 AM

The player counters themselves by picking the commander and using the B4. Fpr aomething with its drawbacks(the pop, the rotation, the aim time, the hang time, the scatter AND the fact that all the best ost commanders can counter it in fewer clicks than it takes to build it all so you are more likely to benifit from them using it than they are. The commanders lone saving grace is that penals are no longer stalins taint and become hilariously strong with FMR...
For something only effective against units so static it has to be a building or a unit controlled by Helen keller it was massivly over nerfed....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★