Login

russian armor

Worst and Best rocket arty.

14 Jun 2017, 21:33 PM

So the land mattress vet 2 does absolutely nothing. Totally fair that.
E: Seriously though, no matter what the balance is on a unit you can't justify having vet 2 do absolutely nothing.
14 Jun 2017, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2017, 21:33 PMtenid
So the land mattress vet 2 does absolutely nothing. Totally fair that.
E: Seriously though, no matter what the balance is on a unit you can't justify having vet 2 do absolutely nothing.

Maybe we could have locked White Phosphorus behind vet1 and move the old vet1 to vet2. However, to do that would mean adding new text that would have to be translated to a lot of languages, and we didn't want to delay the patch.

We had very little time to prepare GCS, though. During that time we received very minimal feedback (which is the main reason why Maxim sucks so much). We didn't want to dilute that feedback any further by going for unnecessary changes.
14 Jun 2017, 21:48 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that at all. As it is the vet 2 is incredibly misleading and the sort of thing that should be fixed where possible.
14 Jun 2017, 23:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Note that Landmattress Vet2 actually does nothing (i.e., it applies the damage modifier to an inexistent weapon). This was a bug that was intentionally left unfixed.

HP is down to 300 since GCS, so that it can get two-shot properly, like the other howitzers.

Yeah, hu is probably not updated but it's the easiest to access.

From what i can read from there, it's applying to the "auto attack" weapon itself, which obviously doesn't exist (hardpoint_01). Thx god.

Fixed comment.
15 Jun 2017, 18:30 PM

IMO:

1) You focus on unimportant aspects and miss those that really matter
2) "Devastating barrage, huge kill zone, wipes everything". Such bias. Much wow.

Kat > Caliope > Stuka > Matress > PeeWerfer

PWerfer
Cons:
- Long time between shooting (producing sound) and the moment when rockets actually hit the target.
- Dies to a single tank shot.
- Teching requirements.
Pros:
- Unloads all ordinance at once, making consistent damage upon impact.
- More consistent effect at long ranges than other rocket artillery pieces.
- Suppresses.

Katy
Cons:
- Fires rockets in salvos making it easier to avoid before most .
- Getting very inconsistent as range increases.
- Dies to a single tank shot.
- Can be penetrated by small arms fire (e.g. Falls popped out from building, Faust + some shooting = dead Katy).
Pros:
- Short time between firing rockets and the moment when they actually hit target, making it most cost-effective squad wiper (if firing from min range) among all rocket artillery pieces.

Calliope
Cons:
- Cost.
Pros:
- Basically can't be dive-killed unless you have seriously f'd up.
- Even better at squad wiping from min distance than Katy, but much less cost-effective.
- Inconsistent at long ranges.

Stuka
Cons:
- Cost.
- Short range.
Pros:
- Timing.
- Can survive standard 160 damage shot.
- With some training it is possible to predict spread of rockets amont targetting line. This allows to land rockets right on top of support weapons, consistently wiping 4-man team weapons.

Matress
Cons:
- Short range.
- Slow moving speed - can't run away from infantry pushes (if you f'd up), can't switch flanks quickly
Pros:
- Great saturation, almost guarantieed squad wipe if target don't leave barrage zone
- Long area denial
- If my observations are correct - deals solid deflection damage to vehicles

I completely agree. Katy is cheap, you get it in T4, which you always tech (except with Sherman cancer meta), and you need relatively little skill to hit smth. Only cons is the fragility, but you still see it every game with Soviets in it. Calliope is just nearly impossible to counter and can wipe single units as well as blobs. But it is doctrinal and you see the doctrine less and less since the m1909 nerf. The Stuka is a very good arty vehicle but it is expensive, semi-squishy and you need a lot of skill to hit smth. It is best used against crew weapons, but it can be pretty inconsistent. The Mattress is pretty much okay, since it comes with one of the best Brit commanders, it is cheap fuel-wise and it does it job at area denial/sieging. The Peewerfer, as you called it, comes late, which means high costs, is unreliable af, is hard to use and it is squishy. Easily the worst of all the rocket arty options, but you desperately need indirect fire as Ost, so often you have no choice.
15 Jun 2017, 19:13 PM

Maybe we could have locked White Phosphorus behind vet1 and move the old vet1 to vet2. However, to do that would mean adding new text that would have to be translated to a lot of languages, and we didn't want to delay the patch.

We had very little time to prepare GCS, though. During that time we received very minimal feedback (which is the main reason why Maxim sucks so much). We didn't want to dilute that feedback any further by going for unnecessary changes.

is this actual patch or still unofficial mod
16 Jun 2017, 17:10 PM

Am i the only one that thinks high arc alpha strike werfer is great?
16 Jun 2017, 18:49 PM

Permanently Banned
I find Stuka inconsistent in wiping squad. Problem is that it can sometimes wipe and sometimes not, but sometimes not happens more often.

And good luck vetting it.

I think vet. requirements should be lowered, to make this thing atleas more cost effective.
16 Jun 2017, 20:27 PM

I find Stuka inconsistent in wiping squad. Problem is that it can sometimes wipe and sometimes not, but sometimes not happens more often.

And good luck vetting it.

I think vet. requirements should be lowered, to make this thing atleas more cost effective.

Pretty much always wipes team weapons though, which really hurts. It is rather inconsistent in all other areas due to (ironically) it's pinpoint accuracy. It's also good at finishing off damaged jacksons lol.
19 Jun 2017, 13:40 PM

As the legendary Katitof - and his word is law - once said (out of my memory): Pwerfer > Katy, because the Werfer has a mounted machine gun (no joke). Boys, don't forget to use your Pwerfers to support your men in infantry engagements with the mg!
19 Jun 2017, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2017, 13:40 PMGarrett
As the legendary Katitof - and his word is law - once said (out of my memory): Pwerfer > Katy, because the Werfer has a mounted machine gun (no joke). Boys, don't forget to use your Pwerfers to support your men in infantry engagements with the mg!

lol. That's so clueless.

Everybody knows that Katy > PWerfer because Katyusha can crush infantry (no joke!) and Panzerwerfer cannot.
19 Jun 2017, 13:47 PM

Pretty much always wipes team weapons though, which really hurts. It is rather inconsistent in all other areas due to (ironically) it's pinpoint accuracy. It's also good at finishing off damaged jacksons lol.

it does not always wipe weapon teams, it only wipes them if ther bunched up. stuka has good accuracy because it fires a thin line which is easy to dodge
19 Jun 2017, 13:48 PM

lol. That's so clueless.

Everybody knows that Katy > PWerfer because Katyusha can crush infantry (no joke!) and Panzerwerfer cannot.

Ofc Katitof could not admit that something allied was op, so instead the German counter-part has to be better :P

Well, I would rather have an infantry-killing machine from distance (and we all know the Pwerfer is certainly capable of that) instead of having to rely on crushing. Maybe if it was a British Katyusha, it would look different.

I wonder what Katitof would have said about the Stuka, it has a mounted MG AND survives one at- shot. Basically completely op against infantry, you can probably fight guard squads 1v1.
19 Jun 2017, 16:31 PM

lol. That's so clueless.

Lol can it really though? Crush them falls next time they pop out of a house to kill mah katy.
19 Jun 2017, 18:59 PM

Lol can it really though? Crush them falls next time they pop out of a house to kill mah katy.

Just park it next to the door they would pop out, if it can crush they are dead. That happened to me once with an enemy T34, 440mp instantly wasted. Even if it could crush, it would be useless tho, because that vehicle has to be the most clumsy thing in the game, together with the Bren carrier probably.
22 Jun 2017, 22:38 PM

Katyusha is a funny one, when you use it you feel like you are doing little. But when you get smacked by it you certainly feel it having a big impact.
23 Jun 2017, 01:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2017, 22:38 PMNano
Katyusha is a funny one, when you use it you feel like you are doing little. But when you get smacked by it you certainly feel it having a big impact.

More like every unit in the game lol.
23 Jun 2017, 09:59 AM

At least all mobile rocket artillery have the same retarded pathing lol
23 Jun 2017, 13:52 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I remember of a game on Sittard Summer, when it was in automatch.

3 Vet5 Stuka killed a Full Hp ISU!!!

Any question left? ;)
23 Jun 2017, 16:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I remember of a game on Sittard Summer, when it was in automatch.

3 Vet5 Stuka killed a Full Hp ISU!!!

Any question left? ;)

Yes. Y U NO BAN SHITTARD ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Netherlands 20
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W