Login

russian armor

do brits receive double LMG nerfs?

15 Jun 2017, 22:07 PM

There still has to be a better alternative. Perhaps strengthening support weapons? Increase HMG Suppression vs Light Cover? It would help keep HMGs in the game after the map is full of craters. Of course, you still have Mortar Pits to worry about but that is a topic for another thread.
16 Jun 2017, 02:09 AM

They can roll out tanks very fast. They have powerfull AT gun. Availability to cheap piats

The tank part is true! The AT gun part is also true, which should balance out the fact that they don't get a snare. PIATs were actually upped to 50 munis (the same as bazookas).

I think that's where the problem lies, not the Infantry Sections. Should we perhaps look at the timing those Vehicles hit the field instead?

As mentioned already, the Infantry Sections are pretty bad out of cover and have terrible moving accuracy. Unless that mechanic was removed, we should be wary of nerfing the Infantry Section's firepower too much. Though... If we did nerf the Bren Gun, I'd rather see them fire short, three round bursts when firing at long range. It would lower their DPS a bit and it would make sense, since that is how you are supposed to use the gun anyway.

I agree. Even if Brits are still OP, the last patch took things in the right direction with the increased Cromwell cost etc., and we will have to see if that was enough or if T3 needs more cost nerfs. I don't think the problem lies with Tommies, they are a unique and fun infantry to play (kinda like Osttruppen).
16 Jun 2017, 06:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2017, 02:09 AMEuan

I don't think the problem lies with Tommies, they are a unique and fun infantry to play (kinda like Osttruppen).

wtf? osttruppen have no armor and bad accuracy.

IS have great survivabilty and great accurracy...equiped with double light vickers...they shredd all in secounds...ostruppen are only a meatshild for sniper, grens etc
16 Jun 2017, 06:54 AM

Hm so the reason riflemen are so powerful is because they are the mainline infantry and they have to cap? All infantry has to cap lol and as far as I know, grens still suck conpared to rifles and tommies..

Tommies are complete bullshit, we all know it. Can't exploit their non existent snare when the AEC shows up at roughly the same time as the 222 and the cromwell always shows up faster than the p4 in most scenarios..

USF mortar still sucks compared to ost one, usf machine gun sill sucks compared to MG-42...you know, Ball rolls both ways my friend.

Aditionally, if by fielding a 222 you force the brit player to side tech and get a AEC, you already got a great advantage of it....and brit player has to get the AEC as its mainline infantry lacks snare....
16 Jun 2017, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2017, 06:54 AMFul4n0

USF mortar still sucks compared to ost one, usf machine gun sill sucks compared to MG-42...you know, Ball rolls both ways my friend.

Aditionally, if by fielding a 222 you force the brit player to side tech and get a AEC, you already got a great advantage of it....and brit player has to get the AEC as its mainline infantry lacks snare....

USF mortar still sucks? It was freaking op for months and now it just has terrible range. Its accuracy, rate of fire and its set up and pack up time are still great. The 50 call is a very good mg and better than the maxim and the mg34. It also rapes light vehicles. It just doesn't work well vs ISG or mortar spam..

Yeah but you forget that Brit teching is the cheapest in the game and the fastest too. Going an AEC isn't really that much of an intensive side tech to begin with.
16 Jun 2017, 10:07 AM

USF mortar still sucks? It was freaking op for months and now it just has terrible range. Its accuracy, rate of fire and its set up and pack up time are still great. The 50 call is a very good mg and better than the maxim and the mg34. It also rapes light vehicles. It just doesn't work well vs ISG or mortar spam..

Yeah but you forget that Brit teching is the cheapest in the game and the fastest too. Going an AEC isn't really that much of an intensive side tech to begin with.

Dont forget you need that AT for 222s, cause they rek your units and are immune to small arms :^)
16 Jun 2017, 13:04 PM

Dont forget you need that AT for 222s, cause they rek your units and are immune to small arms :^)

Agreed.
16 Jun 2017, 13:36 PM

yep, USF mortar sucks compared to OST mortar. In my opinion at least, and thus, I recrew every OST mortar I find in the ground when facing OST enemy, but I never recrew a USF mortar when I find a dropped one when figthing USF enemy.

yeah, brit teching is cheapest, but fielding a 222 you spend less fuel than fielding a AEC (in addition, AEC is not what brit player want to field more of the time) so you can get an easy advantage of it forcing brit player to delay his medium armor by forcing them to side tech and get an AEC spending more fuel that you has spent fielding your 222....
16 Jun 2017, 14:51 PM

The USF mortar issue is, after having played again with it, that it suck really hard vet0. It is really often that to reach vet1 with 1 or 2 kills because it sucks at targeting anything. So you deal some damages but nothing that helps you to force you opponent to move...
Last game I played I had my mortar firing at the range limit of a garrisoned HMG, one barrage hasn't be enough to kill at least 1 model and force the HMG off while I couldn't get closer to maximize my accuracy...
16 Jun 2017, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2017, 06:54 AMFul4n0

Lol usf .50 cal is a beast. If I could pick one mg (besides dshka) it would be the .50. Only reason it isn't straight overpowered is it comes later and has long delays between short bursts.
16 Jun 2017, 18:14 PM

Invissed a post for trolling.
16 Jun 2017, 18:56 PM

Permanently Banned

The tank part is true! The AT gun part is also true, which should balance out the fact that they don't get a snare. PIATs were actually upped to 50 munis (the same as bazookas).

I agree. Even if Brits are still OP, the last patch took things in the right direction with the increased Cromwell cost etc., and we will have to see if that was enough or if T3 needs more cost nerfs. I don't think the problem lies with Tommies, they are a unique and fun infantry to play (kinda like Osttruppen).

Yeah, piats got price increase and buff at the same time, easier to hit tanks with it. So it's a cost effective alternative to snare. And you can equip it to any infantry you like.

17 Jun 2017, 04:13 AM

Tommies, they are a unique and fun infantry to play (kinda like Osttruppen).

wtf? osttruppen have no armor and bad accuracy.

IS have great survivabilty and great accurracy...equiped with double light vickers...they shredd all in secounds...ostruppen are only a meatshild for sniper, grens etc

Forgive the lack of clarity. I meant to say that both Tommies and Osttruppen feel unique and fun to play, to me at least, which is nothing to do with their strength.

Yeah, piats got price increase and buff at the same time, easier to hit tanks with it. So it's a cost effective alternative to snare. And you can equip it to any infantry you like.

Well, the lack of snare still limits a lot your ability to actually kill vehicles, rather than just scare them off, but yeah I see your point.

17 Jun 2017, 04:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2017, 04:13 AMEuan

Forgive the lack of clarity. I meant to say that both Tommies and Osttruppen feel unique and fun to play, to me at least, which is nothing to do with their strength.

Well, the lack of snare still limits a lot your ability to actually kill vehicles, rather than just scare them off, but yeah I see your point.

Yeah still no substitute for a snare, but they can hit targets faster than a kt now, so that's a plus.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★