Login

russian armor

do brits receive double LMG nerfs?

14 Jun 2017, 14:26 PM

Permanently Banned
Sick and tired of countering mindless, but effective double LMG blobs. IS is the hardest mainline infantry to wipe and knowing how good double LMG are, I hope for limiting 1 per squad. Early ober squad, c'mon.

Brits the only faction to be as good defensive and as good offensive.
14 Jun 2017, 14:39 PM

Can't touch the special snowflake!
14 Jun 2017, 14:45 PM

Rather than continue the nerfing crusade on everything, wouldn't we be better off just buffing the German Infantry instead? Almost everything in this game feels lackluster lately.
14 Jun 2017, 14:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Rather than continue the nerfing crusade on everything, wouldn't we be better off just buffing the German Infantry instead? Almost everything in this game feels lackluster lately.

How? If you balance axis infantry, then you have to buff any other infantry apart brits.
14 Jun 2017, 15:08 PM

Just point me to the non-doctinal elite infantry the brits get instead. Or the USF for that matter.
14 Jun 2017, 15:11 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2017, 15:08 PMtenid
Just point me to the non-doctinal elite infantry the brits get instead. Or the USF for that matter.

IS is not elite enought or it doesn't say elite and it's not elite, but is strong as elite?
14 Jun 2017, 15:18 PM

What is "elite" infantry? Is there some kind of property that labels some units as "elite", or is it just imagination of some forum members?

Does "elite" just equals to "stronger than average unit using graphical model of some real life special unit"?

Are partisans elite then? What does mean "strong as elite" in partisans context?
14 Jun 2017, 15:29 PM
Strategist Badge

limit 2 lmg's to 4 man squads? Na i dont like that...

what about exchanging the vickers LMG so that the Bren becomes the doctrinal one with the halftrack?
14 Jun 2017, 15:34 PM

what about exchanging the vickers LMG so that the Bren becomes the doctrinal one with the halftrack?

then wers my double lmg42 on my gren squad, and what about double lmg on IS with 5man upgrade?
14 Jun 2017, 15:38 PM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2017, 15:34 PMAlphrum

then wers my double lmg42 on my gren squad, and what about double lmg on IS with 5man upgrade?

I think you need to l2read.
14 Jun 2017, 15:43 PM

Permanently Banned

Like IS is a weak unit. Surivability among the strongest in stock infantry, despite being 4 man squad.
14 Jun 2017, 16:40 PM

I might misunderstand your intentions, but wouldn't that change almost nothing? The only difference between the Bren and K-gun is the K-gun aims slightly faster (and sounds sexier).
14 Jun 2017, 17:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Remove double LMG but:

-Remove/fix stupid gimmicky of double scoped rifles at vet3 (which only makes the squad drop weapons).
If i have to guess, there was some intention of making upgrades weapons less powerful with vet, by reducing vet bonuses and just giving a "stock weapon upgrade".
-Improve the grenade upgrade appealing.
-Improve flare-arty appealing without going anvil.
14 Jun 2017, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2017, 15:08 PMtenid

Commandoes and Rangers? Ostheer doesn't have non doc elite infantry either. Only OKW has this.. How vetted riflemen with upgrades and vetted tommies with upgrades perform can be seen as elite in their own right..
14 Jun 2017, 17:41 PM

Commandoes and Rangers? Ostheer doesn't have non doc elite infantry either. Only OKW has this.. How vetted riflemen with upgrades and vetted tommies with upgrades perform can be seen as elite in their own right..

Panzergrenadiers?
14 Jun 2017, 17:44 PM

Panzergrenadiers?

You consider those elite infantry lol? Well considering I put riflemen and tommies as elite infantry in their own right, might as well say they could be too then. Still, pgrens aren't really that great compared to vetted riflemen and tommies with lmgs.
14 Jun 2017, 17:46 PM

You consider those elite infantry lol? Well considering I put riflemen and tommies as elite infantry in their own right, might as well say they could be too then. Still, pgrens aren't really that great compared to vetted riflemen and tommies with lmgs.

"Not really that great"...That´s one way to put it. I would say they totally suck against vetted and equipped riflemen and tommies.
14 Jun 2017, 17:48 PM

"Not really that great"...That´s one way to put it. I would say they totally suck against vetted and equipped riflemen and tommies.

If I put it like that, I get put up against a wall and shot because hurrdurr axis fanboy werhaboo fanboism keepo
14 Jun 2017, 17:58 PM

What is "elite" infantry? Is there some kind of property that labels some units as "elite", or is it just imagination of some forum members?

Does "elite" just equals to "stronger than average unit using graphical model of some real life special unit"?

Are partisans elite then? What does mean "strong as elite" in partisans context?

100 percent imagination.

However the latest community patches are manufacturing this concept. Currently there are multiple versions of the ptrs rifle that changes depending on what squad picks one up.

But otherwise there is absolutely nothing meaningful with terms elite, frontline, or mainline infantry outside the purpose of forum discussions.
14 Jun 2017, 18:04 PM

Considering stock IS can already put up a huge fight against upgunned Grens/Volks without using lava nades when charging against them in cover, yeah I do think double LMGs are a bit silly. The only thing that stops people from double equipping them is because of vet 3 turning them into complete pinatas. Meanwhile I'm here abusing Royals with double Vickers K from Spec Weps. :rofl:

Also fighting Brits as Wehr is as much fun as pulling teeth with the way it is currently. Honestly I would be fine with banning Brits and OKW altogether.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★