Login

russian armor

New USF AT weapon ?

12 Jun 2017, 18:48 PM

I have seen the recoiless rifle upgrade for airborne in vcoh and i have to say it's the most effective shoulder AT weapon US has. So maybe relic can add one in coh2 as a better, more expensive doctrinal weapon for USF ? i think weapon has been forgotten
12 Jun 2017, 20:42 PM

What would be the idea behind giving them this AT? As far as I can see, they are designed to be an anti-infantry unit (if you are referring to giving the Paratroopers the recoilless rifle.)
12 Jun 2017, 20:58 PM

I think he means as a rack weapon?

It'd probably just be a better idea to make the zook more reliable (pen and/or damage) and limited to one per squad (with Paras and Rangers being the exceptions?) so they have a non-doc way to contest tougher armor in cluttered places where the Jackson isn't viable.
12 Jun 2017, 21:38 PM

From my point of view, there's no point trying to fix something that isn't broken. what is wrong with the zooks currently? or is this whole thing just a red herring?
12 Jun 2017, 21:49 PM
12 Jun 2017, 21:53 PM
Donator 11

I think he means as a rack weapon?

It'd probably just be a better idea to make the zook more reliable (pen and/or damage) and limited to one per squad (with Paras and Rangers being the exceptions?) so they have a non-doc way to contest tougher armor in cluttered places where the Jackson isn't viable.

Perfect opporunity to see shreck blobz reign supreme once again.
12 Jun 2017, 21:57 PM

Thompson in Rack would be better

Doctrinally yeah, but have it similar to cons where only 2-3 get them
13 Jun 2017, 00:04 AM

I wouldn't mind Bazookas having the same damage as the new PIATs.
13 Jun 2017, 00:31 AM

From my point of view, there's no point trying to fix something that isn't broken. what is wrong with the zooks currently? or is this whole thing just a red herring?

Zooks aren't broken, but the USF lategame is. They're overly dependent on Jacksons which are unreliable on any map with a lot of shot blockers and tight corners, so Zooks with lower Rof and more reliable pen (kinda like a shrek-lite) would help fill the AT gap.

Perfect opporunity to see shreck blobz reign supreme once again.

With the AT weapon XP changes, removal of shrek snipes and USF's more munitions-heavy design and pricier Riflemen, I'm not so sure. RE blobs could definitely become a problem, but that could be fixed by giving them the EFA Conscript accuracy treatment. If Rifles/REs still have too much AI DPS, it could always be cut with by adding a dummy rifle to the squad.
13 Jun 2017, 02:02 AM

if bar is for medium range fighting, and the doctrinal m1919 is for long range, then the bazooka and the recoiless rifle should be same. Just an idea tho. Maybe it would make USF less shittier vs heavy tanks. Or how about make the recoiless rifle's rack available at late game ? then player would still use bazooka as light-medium tank counter
nee
27 Jun 2017, 00:15 AM

How did the M18 differ from the M9 in that game? Besides the fact that bazookas only came with Rangers whereas M18 was an upgrade.

Considering the universal access for M9s I'd find that the only thing the recoilless rifle would offer is greater firepower...which is hardly something USF needs.

Are we talking doctrinal or non-doc?

In terms of the technical, I don't think they could change weapon racks, given that the third LMG one always appears, just stays locked unless you picked two of eight commanders.
27 Jun 2017, 00:20 AM

How did a light weight tube artillery launcher ever become known as recoilless riffle?
27 Jun 2017, 01:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2017, 00:15 AMnee
How did the M18 differ from the M9 in that game? Besides the fact that bazookas only came with Rangers whereas M18 was an upgrade.

Its been a while, but IIRC zooks have low pen, high damage and RRs are the opposite.
27 Jun 2017, 04:53 AM

First COH
bazooka Free Form Ranger only
But Use 1 slot By Other AT weapon use 2 slot
not like Airborne RR good acc high pen (by Target Table ) but low damage
not get Damage bonus like Bazooka when deal Heavy armor
27 Jun 2017, 19:40 PM

Its been a while, but IIRC zooks have low pen, high damage and RRs are the opposite.

RRs were also way more accurate. Bazooka's practically like the Thompson of AT weapons: you have to get close and flank or else it sucks, but if you do, it absolutely wrecks shit. RRs are just pretty consistent all around, and they tend to hit inf more due to low scatter.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★