Login

russian armor

OKW back to stone age?

10 Jun 2017, 19:13 PM

So according to these empirical data, they are the most played faction and yet the weakest one. And there are more nerfs coming too, the removal of the addition vet levels, nerfing their heavies into uselesness etc.

SU's Tier 1 is one reason, USF zook spam and arty is another. Brit's tommies and ultra-fast teching is another major contributing factor. How do we fix this? Should relic nerf those OP things or buff OKW?
10 Jun 2017, 19:16 PM

Homogenization of the factions might make balance better, but it makes the game boring too :(

OKW is too safe, not too strong, imo. Volks + raketen handles basically anything, making either of them more expensive or forcing tech for the raketen is all that is needed.
10 Jun 2017, 19:17 PM

I feel the balance DUO team just doesn't like challenges. They are removing and nerfing anything that requires skill and thinking to counter.

And how is increasing the cost of their units going to help their weak position against other factions? Perhaps you ignored those statistics?
10 Jun 2017, 19:29 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

You also have to consider that while these stats are great and SiphonX has done a phenominal job in keeping up with GCS stats, a lot of the players who entered are not on par with the large titans of CoH2. They're all great players, but there is a skill gap between DevM and Tobis as an example. Nothing against Tobis in the slightest, he's an excellent player, but no matter what faction DevM would select against him, I'd be confident he'd win.

Essentially the lower ended high tier players of the tourney are diluting the stats somewhat.

Next the balance team as far as I know does not have the all clear from relic to implement their eastern army revamps. That is just their projected changes should they have the go ahead. So any nerfs/buffs in the eastern front army revamp thread is not set in stone.
aaa
10 Jun 2017, 19:39 PM

I feel the balance DUO team just doesn't like challenges. They are removing and nerfing anything that requires skill and thinking to counter.

OKW and skill are 2 incompatible things. It s most played bcs its most noob frendly A click faction.
Winrates are solely based on callins docs. I wonder what is the winrates against OKW without docs like lend lease.
10 Jun 2017, 20:22 PM

While the GCS stats are interesting, and can help with discussion, it's important to note there are incredibly far from statistical significance. The sample size is simply too small to draw meaningful conclusions from the data.
10 Jun 2017, 20:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2017, 19:16 PMDanielD
Homogenization of the factions might make balance better, but it makes the game boring too :(

OKW is too safe, not too strong, imo. Volks + raketen handles basically anything, making either of them more expensive or forcing tech for the raketen is all that is needed.

Agreed, I feel like a really well played Wehrmacht is actually stronger than OKW. There are just not many people in this community who can use their units (especially MG42s) to the maximum effect.

And the tendency of homogenization will continue in the next patch from what Ive seen in the patch notes. Factions get more and more linear in favor of balance. For example they're planning to no longer require techning for Wehrmacht t4 and make the t3 building the only requirement which would take away another choice the player has to make.
10 Jun 2017, 20:45 PM
Benefactor 115

I would like balancers to take a pass at the game and leave the more commonly used units alone and only improve units that aren't being used.

It's not an approach I've seen used before and it would give the factions more options leading to more play styles in my opinion.
10 Jun 2017, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2017, 20:35 PMGiaA

Factions get more and more linear in favor of balance. For example they're planning to no longer require techning for Wehrmacht t4 and make the t3 building the only requirement which would take away another choice the player has to make.

That's not true.

The first version of the EFA revamp mod did indeed feature a linear-tech Wermacht. However, that was because we wanted a steady backprop against which to benchmark Conscript changes.

Starting from the 1st revision of the mod Wermacht tier structure is back to the original form; it's just that some costs that have been lowered here and there.

(we're now on the 5th revision).
10 Jun 2017, 21:12 PM

OKW are far from weak. They're near single handedly killing 2v2 they're in such a strong position right now. The last coh2chart data had the top 100 or so OKW players on about an 80% win rate in 2v2.
10 Jun 2017, 21:22 PM

OH is UP.

So everyone goes OKW.

So now OKW is OP.

Kinda starting to see that as a pattern now.
10 Jun 2017, 22:10 PM
Patrion 15

I have to say GCS is not the best where to compare factions or the patch; almost all games ended up 3-0. Which is not a quality data for any comparison.
10 Jun 2017, 22:10 PM

Wouldn't exactly say OH were underpowered. Their win rates were better than allied factions across most modes and skill levels, just not to the same extent as okw.
10 Jun 2017, 22:39 PM

Cons are trash vs STG Volks, Maxims take too long to suppress anything. If you're complaining about zook spam from USF you should take a long hard look at your replays. Land Lease is cancer atm and so does call-in meta. Brits is just LOL. OKW is literally made to handicapped(hello faust change) because Sov T1 were too weak against them.

If OKW still has their faust from min 1 I'll say they're the best faction right now, next to Brits for Allies.
10 Jun 2017, 22:42 PM

Cons are trash vs STG Volks, Maxims take too long to suppress anything. If you're complaining about zook spam from USF you should take a long hard look at your replays. Land Lease is cancer atm and so does call-in meta. Brits is just LOL. OKW is literally made to handicapped(hello faust change) because Sov T1 were too weak against them.

If OKW still has their faust from min 1 I'll say they're the best faction right now, next to Brits for Allies.

1. cons beat STG volks when they reach vet3
2. Maxims are the fastest unit to supress
3. Land lease can be beaten easily since you need at least t4 to spam sherman
10 Jun 2017, 22:47 PM

1. cons beat STG volks when they reach vet3
2. Maxims are the fastest unit to supress
3. Land lease can be beaten easily since you need at least t4 to spam sherman

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198141388658

LMAO. Posting my playercard is the only way you get recognition here isn't it?
11 Jun 2017, 04:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2017, 20:35 PMGiaA

Agreed, I feel like a really well played Wehrmacht is actually stronger than OKW. There are just not many people in this community who can use their units (especially MG42s) to the maximum effect.

And the tendency of homogenization will continue in the next patch from what Ive seen in the patch notes. Factions get more and more linear in favor of balance. For example they're planning to no longer require techning for Wehrmacht t4 and make the t3 building the only requirement which would take away another choice the player has to make.

This is real. I say this knowing that I'm not that good, nor as good as I used to be, but when I watch the top level players, they really don't play optimally. So even at the highest levels it's hard to glean what the balance is truly like since half the top players aren't using hotkeys to micro vehicles(!!).

I know the stock response on these forums is "well most people are casuals so lets balance for the casuals" . However, I think it's okay that there's some niche games that still have a high skill ceiling, and are balanced around that skill ceiling. If the game is made too easy then there's nothing to strive for.

To tie this back to the main topic: I really feel like the struggles against OKW are a combination of OKW being easy to make mistakes on compared to the other factions, and an L2P issue.
12 Jun 2017, 09:34 AM

Wait, they're even going to take away vet 5 on OKW units? Goddammit, Relic should never have handed balance over to the community. Guys, stop trying to radically change the game.
12 Jun 2017, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2017, 09:34 AMKothre
Wait, they're even going to take away vet 5 on OKW units? Goddammit, Relic should never have handed balance over to the community. Guys, stop trying to radically change the game.

[citation needed]
12 Jun 2017, 09:41 AM

[citation needed]

The OP hinted at it. I went looking for a thread detailing future changes but I can't find one. I hope that means the OP is wrong.

I still stand by that people have suggested far too many retarded radical changes on the forum, though. Though I will say that the past couple balance patches have been mostly good, but I can't help but bite my nails every time I look through balance threads.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★