Login

russian armor

Playing as USF is unfun anymore

9 Jun 2017, 01:01 AM

Ok then, what do you do as usf against kubelspam?

You get rekt.
9 Jun 2017, 02:45 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm loving lt m20 into hmgs this patch. With some practice you can take on 222s with the m20, feels so good to knock those out.

9 Jun 2017, 06:32 AM

Curious. What is the objective of this thread? USF seems to be in a "balanced" position more or less. Rifles are more powerful than volks as they should be since they're more expensive, and through upgrades, overpower them later game when fully equipped. The stuart is stronger against armor than infantry, that's alright considering it is capable of engaging both with some effect. If you're expecting a primarily AT light tank to tear apart infantry like the old T70 did you're going to disappointed. If this thread is just about USF issues, yes they have them, like all factions. Try playing on a heavy garrison map as OKW, or playing UKF against luchs spam. All factions have design flaws and issues ingame.

The problem of USF is purely design. You say USF is more or less balanced today, it is true early to midgame, USF doesn't outperform anymore OKW or Ostheer early game. But what about late game?
The issue isn't that much visible in 1vs1 because games tend to end around 20-30min max but teamgames that last longer are there to remember us that no USF isn't balanced vs other armies because USF doesn't have late game.

On a personal note, I'm really looking for the Modder patch to come to WFA factions. I see they are trying to bring Ostheer late game to a more reasonable state, but it will not change the fact USF doesn't have anything equivalent to compete vs it.
9 Jun 2017, 07:04 AM

Compared to the Soviets, the United States is so easy to play (I prefer combined-arms operations: Conscripts + Maxim + mortar in the further transition to the Shoock Troops). You have a powerful versatile Rifle squad and if you took the Heavy Cavalry Commander a wonderful Pershing аnd Rangers which are superior to Shoock Troops in range and damage (plus self-healing on the 2nd level of vet). After the Soviets overnerf - the US is simply a god in their background
9 Jun 2017, 07:07 AM

I have fun playing USF in team games
9 Jun 2017, 07:14 AM

Just a question as I haven't played allies in 1v1 for a long time.
Kübelwagenspam is really a thing?!
9 Jun 2017, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2017, 06:32 AMEsxile

it is true early to midgame, USF doesn't outperform anymore OKW or Ostheer early game.

i always overrun usf with my Terminator grens who will win at any Ranges except max range early game.
Dude what are you Smoking, rifles are still the most potent mainline infantry
9 Jun 2017, 08:17 AM

Try 2 or 3 kubel start vs a USF player on an open map and see what happens.

i always overrun usf with my Terminator grens who will win at any Ranges except max range early game.
Dude what are you Smoking, rifles are still the most potent mainline infantry

What 99% of what you say never make any sense. You're not even good at trolling.
9 Jun 2017, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2017, 08:17 AMEsxile

Try 2 or 3 kubel start vs a USF player on an open map and see what happens.

What 99% of what you say never make any sense. You're not even good at trolling.

:bananadance:

Now tell me how you get outperfomred by ostheer early game as usf
9 Jun 2017, 10:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Against Wehr, once you meet better players sniper plays will be a lot more prominent and USF is helpless against well-microed sniper without diving with an M20. With UKF/Sov you can counter snipe reliably and the sniper is less effective against Sov's 6 man squads. Gooooooodd fucking luck flanking the sniper in time to kill it and if you fail you throw even more MP into the dustbin. Snipers will ravage you senseless all game.

Snipers eventually become a very significant problem for USF lategame but early on there are a lot of ways to play around and minimise the effect of the sniper.

A lot of players i've faced treat an enemy sniper as just another regular unit to fight, but I find that the entire dynamic of the early game changes when one side has a sniper. Cover play no longer works; juking with shotblockers, sightblockers, and garrison play take precedence.

The goal is to minimise the profile of an engagement such that combat takes place entirely within a short few seconds, in a relatively small area, where your squads force his squads and his sniper to retreat. Ideally the sniper will have time only to take one or two shots in the entire engagement.

Place your squads behind hedges and jump behind houses until the point where all your squads are ready to go, at which point overwhelm him since he's expended more manpower in the sniper and has less squads that you.

Protracted, distributed fighting in green cover is exactly what the sniper counters and gives him the power to push out onto the map as you retreat your squads one by one, in turn letting him set up in cover positions and making it very hard for you to push out.

Here's a game vs ostheer on a favourable sniper map, Langres. I lose my M20 with minimal impact but his sniper had very little field time and presence, having to constantly retreat.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/61777/vs-sniper-as-usf

9 Jun 2017, 10:25 AM

It´s funny. I used to be 520 in USF now I´m 430 without playing a game. Happened over the last two weeks. USF is in a bad place right now. Either ppl stop playing them or they lose with them.
9 Jun 2017, 10:31 AM

Compared to the Soviets, the United States is so easy to play (I prefer combined-arms operations: Conscripts + Maxim + mortar in the further transition to the Shoock Troops). You have a powerful versatile Rifle squad and if you took the Heavy Cavalry Commander a wonderful Pershing аnd Rangers which are superior to Shoock Troops in range and damage (plus self-healing on the 2nd level of vet). After the Soviets overnerf - the US is simply a god in their background

Why not play Penals and have an easier game? Penals and if you want a Sniper(vs. Ost) or M3(vs. OKW) with 1-2 DshK and T70(+ another T70 or SU76) into Shermans deserves to be the meta right now because it´s just the most effective strat in most games.

Conscripts+Maxim+Mortar is just a bad idea after Maxim got nerfed. (especially in 1on1s) No wonder you find that very hard to play.

BTW: Try playing USF on Halbe against OKW. That´s probably about as unbalanced as it gets in 1on1.

9 Jun 2017, 10:51 AM

Ah yes now that the overpowered nonsense is nerfed, we suddenly aren't having fun anymore with USF. We see the same consensus with Soviets, although the DHSK is providing that easy mode playstyle still. Want fun? Go play OKW lol, sure as hell easy enough if you ask me.

Be patient and wait for the EFA to be standardized and then the WFA to be balanced accordingly. We will have a more balanced and fun game for all factions.
9 Jun 2017, 10:52 AM

if you consider 2 kübelwagens spam, then yes. Nonetheless, 2 kubels will push you of the field with sturmpioneer suppport.
9 Jun 2017, 11:05 AM

Snipers eventually become a very significant problem for USF lategame but early on there are a lot of ways to play around and minimise the effect of the sniper.

The best way to deal with the Ostheer sniper is with an indirect fire, a lucky mortar shot, a lucky pack shot, a lucky M8A1 shot...

:bananadance:

Now tell me how you get outperfomred by ostheer early game as usf

Now tell me where I wrote this...

9 Jun 2017, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2017, 11:05 AMEsxile

The best way to deal with the Ostheer sniper is with an indirect fire, a lucky mortar shot, a lucky pack shot, a lucky M8A1 shot...

Except the part where it has 82hp.
9 Jun 2017, 11:19 AM

USF is for early or mid or lategame someone tell me ? Because they suck in evry stage of game
USF vs OST OK. but versus OKW its joke how okw is better in evry way
9 Jun 2017, 11:23 AM

USF is only for priests or caliope where brits lacks in teamgames i mean 3 brits and 1 usf is ok but good luck with 4 usf vs 4 okw. and dont tell me 4vs4 balance its not important or something like that
9 Jun 2017, 11:43 AM

USF is for early or mid or lategame someone tell me ? Because they suck in evry stage of game
USF vs OST OK. but versus OKW its joke how okw is better in evry way

stop being deluded ffs, USF is powerful in both early and mid game. Just late game ther weak because jackson is burdened to do all the AT
9 Jun 2017, 11:53 AM

stop being deluded ffs, USF is powerful in both early and mid game. Just late game ther weak because jackson is burdened to do all the AT

ok maybe I overeacted but seriosly OKW is powerful in same stage like USF plus better in lategame
Why USF latgame cant be buffed? One thing would help why we cant add range circle to jackson when u know where jackson range is ending like with sniper, maybe that sounds like feature for noobs but just think how many times u lost jackson by 2 shots when u chase KT with low health
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★