Login

russian armor

Weird for riflemen to lay the doctrinal mines faster?

7 Jun 2017, 00:17 AM

Would it be? I mean volks lay mines at the same speed in the fortifications doctrine. I'm mostly wondering what others think.
7 Jun 2017, 00:25 AM

From personal experience they seem to lay two to three seconds longer then soviet or British mines which feels like a eternity when you just push off a enemy squad. I wouldn't see the issue of having the same mine laying speed as it might encourage more players to lay downs mines and more mines mean less BARs, grenades, smoke, etc.
7 Jun 2017, 00:37 AM

Rifles lay mines very slowly, it feels like one guy is doing it, and everyone else just watches.
7 Jun 2017, 00:41 AM

From personal experience they seem to lay two to three seconds longer then soviet or British mines which feels like a eternity when you just push off a enemy squad. I wouldn't see the issue of having the same mine laying speed as it might encourage more players to lay downs mines and more mines mean less BARs, grenades, smoke, etc.

Wait really? Only two or three seconds more? I thought it was a lot longer than that. Soviets and ost lay mines pretty fast.
7 Jun 2017, 00:59 AM

Wait really? Only two or three seconds more? I thought it was a lot longer than that. Soviets and ost lay mines pretty fast.

Oops I stand corrected. When I went into the editor to see how long for them to plant exactly (give or take a second) soviet mines were ten seconds while the USF Riflemen mines were twenty seconds so ten seconds is rather huge difference.
7 Jun 2017, 01:08 AM

I am fairly certain that build times are affected by the number of entities building.

Five riflemen building a 20 second mine = 4 seconds.
Four engineers building a 10 second mine = 2.5 seconds.
7 Jun 2017, 02:36 AM

Maybe give REs a copy that builds faster than the Rifle version?
7 Jun 2017, 02:52 AM

Sturms plant mines even faster, it's just absurd.

also, S-mines need also to get looked, you can plant 4 s-mines (sufficient for a squad wipe) in 6 seconds and it only costs 15 or 20 munitions.
7 Jun 2017, 03:37 AM

I am fairly certain that build times are affected by the number of entities building.

Five riflemen building a 20 second mine = 4 seconds.
Four engineers building a 10 second mine = 2.5 seconds.

This should be the case, but IIRC the riflemen mines in particular are still bugged, and construction speed is the same independent of the number of squads laying the mine.
7 Jun 2017, 05:28 AM

Would it be? I mean volks lay mines at the same speed in the fortifications doctrine. I'm mostly wondering what others think.

Since when do Volk lay mines?

Nvm forgot about the minefield.
7 Jun 2017, 06:04 AM

Yeah its pretty slow. Could do with faster mine laying once they reach vet though.
Vaz
7 Jun 2017, 08:59 AM

Yeah its pretty slow. Could do with faster mine laying once they reach vet though.

yea gotta keep that gimp in there somehow
7 Jun 2017, 09:49 AM

so in top of only having mines through doctrine, as if that wasn´t enough disvantage, you think USF should keep this disvantage until vet1 or vet2 or vet3?

why?

7 Jun 2017, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2017, 09:49 AMFul4n0

so in top of only having mines through doctrine, as if that wasn´t enough disvantage, you think USF should keep this disvantage until vet1 or vet2 or vet3?

why?

You mean like USF has vehicle crews that can repair crits instantly and repair their own vehicles and have RE units that can repair vehicles fast, but the Soviet and Ostheer factions need at least vet 2 to get just a fraction of USF´s repair rates?

Ball rolls both ways my friend.
7 Jun 2017, 10:52 AM

Because USF doctrine mines so damn cheap and players always spam rifleman to the whole battlefield.
If it have the same speed like other faction mines it will gardening OP.
But hey the same slow speed planting this mines also happen to the Assault Engineer too for no reason.

I suggest give that mines to Rear Echelon and buff plant speed (Assault Engineer should benefit from this buff too).
7 Jun 2017, 11:17 AM

You mean like USF has vehicle crews that can repair crits instantly and repair their own vehicles and have RE units that can repair vehicles fast, but the Soviet and Ostheer factions need at least vet 2 to get just a fraction of USF´s repair rates?

Ball rolls both ways my friend.

I know that ball rolls both ways, but some aspect of the game should be the same for each faction...That is my opinion and that is why I asked you about your reasons to say that.

It is OK for me than some factions has 3 tiers and others has 4 tiers, it is OK that some factions can get t0 mg-42 while other factions cannot, but then, there are some things that for the sake of the balance should be equally accesible and in the same conditions for all of them....An example of this are FRP´s and how EFA factions are in a clear disvantage that turn the balance in favour of WFA factions...

Whit mines, it is the same, in my opinion, that FRPs.

Is it not for you?? that´s ok, but I would love to know your reasons...That´s all.

Being so salty due to a such a simple "on-topic" question about mines in a thread about mines it is not good for the comunity nor the balance we are looking for...

Would you explain why USF shold wait to vet to get the same speed lying mines?? why is better for the balance if rifles need to achieve vet to use a doctrinal ability like this one? I not saying you are wrong, just I don´t know why should be that way....

Because USF doctrine mines so damn cheap and players always spam rifleman to the whole battlefield.
If it have the same speed like other faction mines it will gardening OP.
But hey the same slow speed planting this mines also happen to the Assault Engineer too for no reason.

I suggest give that mines to Rear Echelon and buff plant speed (Assault Engineer should benefit from this buff too).

ohh good point there mate, I think you are rigth, maybe giving mines to mainline infantry is not a good idea, and thus, lower speed is OK.

Giving them to enginer type unit works fine as we see with other factions, so yeah, although I´m so noob and my opinion doesn´t matter, I think I fully agree with you suggestion moving mines from rifles to engies and only then, giving the same speed.

Maybe then, we should remove from volks too? or this is a different case due to several reasons? what do you think?

7 Jun 2017, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2017, 11:17 AMFul4n0

I know that ball rolls both ways, but some aspect of the game should be the same for each faction...That is my opinion and that is why I asked you about your reasons to say that.

It is OK for me than some factions has 3 tiers and others has 4 tiers, it is OK that some factions can get t0 mg-42 while other factions cannot, but then, there are some things that for the sake of the balance should be equally accesible and in the same conditions for all of them....An example of this are FRP´s and how EFA factions are in a clear disvantage that turn the balance in favour of WFA factions...

Whit mines, it is the same, in my opinion, that FRPs.

Is it not for you?? that´s ok, but I would love to know your reasons...That´s all.

I literally made a post in this thread about agreeing that Riflemen should lay down mines faster lol. However it should't be at vet 0, thast is just too much. We have enough freebees in this game already.
7 Jun 2017, 14:15 PM
Patrion 15

another day another 'buff usf moar' post by LoopDloop
7 Jun 2017, 14:45 PM
Donator 11

I can make a coffee before they can even put one in the ground.
Would like them to be 10% faster if possible, seems fine, only real USF unit that can lay normal mines.
7 Jun 2017, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2017, 14:15 PMruzen
another day another 'buff usf moar' post by LoopDloop

You know, come onto a forum asking a question and don't offer anything constructive, just put words in my mouth, sure, that's cool.

I did not state that riflemen mine planting needs a buff because I know that I'm somewhat biased and therefore am pre-inclined to think so. I'm asking what others think because I want to see what all types of players think.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★