Login

russian armor

Guys how to beat 2x okw this patch

6 Jun 2017, 17:41 PM

MGs and ATs.

MGs to deal with the volks blob and kubel spam, ATs to deal with fast luchs/flakht.

but beware of the Leigfest, they are quite powerful.

At late game use rocket arty to deal with infantry and support weapons and TDs to deal with the heavy armor. Medium tanks are a waste IMO (shermans and t34s will straight lose to panzer 4 and anything else.)
6 Jun 2017, 17:55 PM

Banned

That babygirl still feeling offended?:D

I wouldn't talk if i were you, all you do is ghost other streamers when you vs them. Ofc you lose vs non-streaming 2xOKW players, maybe l2p instead of cheating ur way to decent elo :)
6 Jun 2017, 18:12 PM

My point exactly.

Dude we agree on something. Have you drugged me in my sleep?

Perhaps it is time we cease hostilities towards another and adopt my views fully.
6 Jun 2017, 18:22 PM

Even if you have fucked up your Raketen positioning you can hit retreat button and try again later. It's not like M3A1 instantly wipes it, especially if it "circles" it, which means that half of the time M3A1 itself doesn't fire as it not facing your Rak.

Speaking of map presence...
If you're facing M3A1 THAT early, then it was build as 2nd unit, so you're either facing (aside of M3A1):
- CE + CE
- CE + Cons
- CE + Penals
Even if he went double CEs, you probably should already have territory advantage because he spent MP for T1 and more MP for M3A1. Both of these things don't cap points, y'know. If he is transporting one squad inside M3A1, then he have no map presence at this moment at all.

How Raketen doesn't really make your build better if it can kill a unit or two on the enemy side? Allright, I agree that maybe Rak is overkill against one M3A1. You can try to get it with faust as soon as it will be available. But two M3A1s?

Also you can always use Rak for back capping.

i was damn sure t1 and m3 is really strong against OKW, thanks for convincing me that its not
6 Jun 2017, 18:31 PM

I wouldn't talk if i were you, all you do is ghost other streamers when you vs them. Ofc you lose vs non-streaming 2xOKW players, maybe l2p instead of cheating ur way to decent elo :)

1) this guy Findeed remembered something that happened hell a lot of time ago which doesn't matter at all right now and not meeting the thread theme.
2) i watch streamers during my searchtime and just leave a stream going in my browser when i have a game going.
The topic theme is quite worrying for many ppl nowadays and it's not just my l2p problems. :)
6 Jun 2017, 18:35 PM

also you can see coh charts where okw has like twice more.wins than allies in 2v2s. So yeah :)
6 Jun 2017, 19:05 PM

Dude we agree on something. Have you drugged me in my sleep?

Perhaps it is time we cease hostilities towards another and adopt my views fully.

Lol.
I feel like we agreed on stuff in the past, just not recently.
6 Jun 2017, 19:06 PM

MGs and ATs.

MGs to deal with the volks blob and kubel spam, ATs to deal with fast luchs/flakht.

but beware of the Leigfest, they are quite powerful.

At late game use rocket arty to deal with infantry and support weapons and TDs to deal with the heavy armor. Medium tanks are a waste IMO (shermans and t34s will straight lose to panzer 4 and anything else.)

Walking Stuka (aka team weapon deleter) will give you a bad day too.
6 Jun 2017, 19:16 PM

OKW are basically killing team games single handed. They've been gifted way too many advantages through their redesigns and it's about time some of them were taken off them.
6 Jun 2017, 19:19 PM

also you can see coh charts where okw has like twice more.wins than allies in 2v2s. So yeah :)

remember like 1 year ago when allies had like 10% more wins than axis, all the wheraboos kept crying that allied were op because of that, but now nobody takes coh charts seriously anymore cause it is axis winning.
6 Jun 2017, 19:51 PM

I already created a thread about this particular topic a few weeks ago. I think most of the posts should be useful for you (especially the last 30 posts), only a few top 2000 heroes there who spammed nonsense and just wouldn't stop during the first 40 posts :D

6 Jun 2017, 20:13 PM

I already created a thread about this particular topic a few weeks ago. I think most of the posts should be useful for you (especially the last 30 posts), only a few top 2000 heroes there who spammed nonsense and just wouldn't stop during the first 40 posts :D

Thanks will consider that.
6 Jun 2017, 20:27 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

The key to beating OKW is to keep their preserved units to a minimum. You also need to keep them from holding 2 separate tanks simultaneously. Once OKW hits their critical mass their veterancy and high armor will carry them the rest of the way. If you're trading evenly in territory you should have 2 T34/76s for every p4 they field. Maybe more since 2x OKW doesn't have caches, another advantage you should try to exploit. Consider getting a commander with a recon run or using USF major recon run. Most recon runs will reveal raketens from cloak allowing for flanking.
6 Jun 2017, 21:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- Aggressive playstyle. You don't want to play the lategame. Volks, Stuka and heavy tanks are gonna overwhelm you. If you go for the lategame, be ready to have things that are good for wiping squads. Artillery is your friend.
Try to drain VPs as much as possible.

2- Garrison. ISG don't excel against them and there's so much munition you can spend on flame nades.

3- If you go for light vehicles, you have to make them work. Light tanks aren't as drastic as before, so if you don't feel comfortable with them, just go for a quick medium or artillery.

Playing against OKW feels like you have 3 stages on which you MUST punish them if you want to have an opportunity to win the game. Till the 4min mark with clowncar and brens, 12min mark with infantry/light tanks and 16+ with your first medium and artillery.

A) Early on, as SU or UKF, M3 and Bren can be a headache, specially if they go for a Kubel. Mind you that the M3 rear gun has more DPS than the front gun, so when possible, try to use both at the same time (push units out of cover and shoot with both, not against SP). Even after getting the trucks deployed, a well microed flamer/bren can be annoying to deal with.

A') For OKW:, the timing of flamers varies depending on map and capping. But you should NOT be too way forward or split at around the 3:30 mark. 4mins is a GOOD timing for a flamer to popup. If there is practically a 50/50 map control you can check it with your own ammunition (60).

A'') For allies: 4:30 is a good timing for OKW to have his truck deployed with a "standard" 4/5 units built. It can be sooner or later depending on his timing and if he goes Med or Mech.

B) With USF/UKF, trenches and garrison. If you can deploy a Vickers on an annoying building, OKW has to commit heavily in order to be able to get it out.
Rifles, IS and Penals can and will win early on. But it's not as effective as the game drags on and they are able to pop STG and get vet.
Light tanks let's you keep momentum but they are not "gamechanger". Any of them (T70-AEC-Stuart) will put at bay a P2 or Flaktrack but won't do as much to push infantry unless solo cappers.

C) Rocket/Heavy artillery.
SU: if it's an open map, you can go for LL or T85s mark vehicle playstyle. Clusterfuck? Get any of the IL2 bombing and Howitzer.
USF: CalliOP. Anything else feels underwhelming.
UKF: LandMattress/Spec Weapons commanders. You can try either of the cancer commander if you want to go the emplacement route (standfast/Advance Emplacement).

Mediums are good against mechanized play as it will take them time till they can a tank of their own (Puma/Stuka/P2 delays Schewer).

IMO, trading vehicles is fine, infantry is not. By no means you want to fight high popcap armies against OKW, even worst high vet armies. You need to commit, take risks and end game.
7 Jun 2017, 01:45 AM

OKW on Charkow = gg, nothing to see here except another cut-off and house-occupying orgy...
7 Jun 2017, 08:21 AM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS