Login

russian armor

Guys how to beat 2x okw this patch

6 Jun 2017, 13:24 PM

It has been a great struggle for me and my teammate (we are quite high on ladders) to deal with 2x okw especially when it comes to the late game...
6 Jun 2017, 13:30 PM

Did you guys try double soviets with t1+lendlease (double okw is helpless vs m3 flamer cheese) and the other with t2+ some t34-85e and 120 mm doctrine ? From my experience this is the a nightmare to over come as 2x okw

Try the strategic section next time btw
6 Jun 2017, 13:39 PM

What bananenheld said works really well! Also can both get one 120 mm mortar and nuke both of their first trucks from the face of the earth asap. This will force one into stuka and the other will get some sort of light vehicle. This means less tanks to deal with and more of your infantry roaming around freely.

Other than that, hopeless. Double OKW with the possibility of double KT is a nightmare.
6 Jun 2017, 13:58 PM
Strategist Badge

I think if you abuse the combined arms bug on Stuart you can kill anything!
6 Jun 2017, 14:02 PM

Did you guys try double soviets with t1+lendlease (double okw is helpless vs m3 flamer cheese) and the other with t2+ some t34-85e and 120 mm doctrine ? From my experience this is the a nightmare to over come as 2x okw

We tried t1/2 combo but not quite successful. I'll take your advice in mind though. thanks.
6 Jun 2017, 14:27 PM

I think if you abuse the combined arms bug on Stuart you can kill anything!

That babygirl still feeling offended?:D
6 Jun 2017, 14:29 PM
Strategist Badge

That babygirl still feeling offended?:D

It hurt me deep to my core. It was like being tied down while a blind child with no arms kicked me repeatedly in the nutz.

6 Jun 2017, 14:35 PM

Lemme tell you a secret.

P/S: If you can't beat them, join them okwokw:banana:. OPW is working as intended :romeoMug:
6 Jun 2017, 14:49 PM

What about cloaked cheap AT gun in T0?
6 Jun 2017, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2017, 14:35 PMTanker
Lemme tell you a secret.

P/S: If you can't beat them, join them okwokw:banana:. OPW is working as intended :romeoMug:

Yeah man but it takes very alot of time to find a game since everybody plays axis
6 Jun 2017, 15:01 PM

Yeah man but it takes very alot of time to find a game since everybody plays axis

Yeah feel forced to play allies myself due to queue times lol
6 Jun 2017, 15:07 PM

In Order to counter the m3 the Raketen needs to be build as 3rd unit. And even then it's kinda easy to circle the Raketen with m3 because of its slow Setup+aim+hitting the ground.
You already have a hard time contesting map presence because of penals and mg (maxims and or dshka ), Adding a Raketen early in your build doenst really make that better.
6 Jun 2017, 15:08 PM

Wait yeah. If they get two m3s, then isn't it definitely worth getting a rak? Because they won't know until it blows one of them up as long as they hit the m3 with a bit of rifle fire first.

Yeah feel forced to play allies myself due to queue times lol

Well I wonder why.
6 Jun 2017, 15:16 PM

1 okw gets a jagtiger with raketens guarding its flanks and other one gets king tiger and ALL allied vehicle play is going to be denied, then its the point where you have to surrender, because the allies can't do shit without getting rekd by stukas, KT and JT, sturmtiger nothing can counter this, especially, if you have USF in your team whos lategame shittiest of all coh factions.

no wonder why people choose to play okw, because it is easy mode.
6 Jun 2017, 15:18 PM

Right now, OKW is really easy to play as in any team-based game modes (2on2+). Once they start rolling out their units, there's no way to beat them.
6 Jun 2017, 15:27 PM

Right now, OKW is really easy to play as in any team-based game modes (2on2+). Once they start rolling out their units, there's no way to beat them.

100% okw is easy and cheesy. If you can shut them down early (which is not hard especially as double soviets) it's fine but dare you they reach lategame somehow.

Im always Stunned how easy it is to keep volks alive and vet them up ( coming from a mainly ostheer player). i wish grens and volks would be swapped :p
6 Jun 2017, 15:31 PM

100% okw is easy and cheesy. If you can shut them down early (which is not hard especially as double soviets) it's fine but dare you they reach lategame somehow.

Im always Stunned how easy it is to keep volks alive and vet them up ( coming from a mainly ostheer player). i wish grens and volks would be swapped :p

Yeah when I know I'm tired and won't have great unit preservation I play okw lol. Losing a volks squad mid game is pretty punishing, but if one actually manages to lose one, then they deserve to be punished. When I want a fun axis game, I play ost and avoid the elefant lol.
6 Jun 2017, 16:11 PM

Wait yeah. If they get two m3s, then isn't it definitely worth getting a rak? Because they won't know until it blows one of them up as long as they hit the m3 with a bit of rifle fire first.

Well I wonder why.

Because everyone wants to play double OKW
6 Jun 2017, 16:48 PM

Because everyone wants to play double OKW

My point exactly.
6 Jun 2017, 17:00 PM

In Order to counter the m3 the Raketen needs to be build as 3rd unit. And even then it's kinda easy to circle the Raketen with m3 because of its slow Setup+aim+hitting the ground.
You already have a hard time contesting map presence because of penals and mg (maxims and or dshka ), Adding a Raketen early in your build doenst really make that better.

Even if you have fucked up your Raketen positioning you can hit retreat button and try again later. It's not like M3A1 instantly wipes it, especially if it "circles" it, which means that half of the time M3A1 itself doesn't fire as it not facing your Rak.

Speaking of map presence...
If you're facing M3A1 THAT early, then it was build as 2nd unit, so you're either facing (aside of M3A1):
- CE + CE
- CE + Cons
- CE + Penals
Even if he went double CEs, you probably should already have territory advantage because he spent MP for T1 and more MP for M3A1. Both of these things don't cap points, y'know. If he is transporting one squad inside M3A1, then he have no map presence at this moment at all.

How Raketen doesn't really make your build better if it can kill a unit or two on the enemy side? Allright, I agree that maybe Rak is overkill against one M3A1. You can try to get it with faust as soon as it will be available. But two M3A1s?

Also you can always use Rak for back capping.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★