Login

russian armor

Any tips for Elite Doctrine?

5 Jun 2017, 21:45 PM

Hi! Can someone tell me, am i using Elite Troops good? Im playing only 4v4 (with randoms). My typical build order looks like this:
-Mg 42
-Grens
-Mortar
-Grens
-Hospital
-Grens
-1 Phase
-G43 Upgrade
-Pak 40
-Two Stormtroopers with Mp44 upgrade (both)
-2 -> 3 Phase
-Panther
-Tiger Ace
-Panther

Infantry: Im playing Grenadiers with G43 more agressive and sometimes as the Support to help my team-mates. But Stormtroopers... : Im spawning them far behind enemy lines and upgrading at once. Im trying to play them as stealth-fast-hard hitting infantry (You know, go to enemy MG or AT back, throw a Nade, and go unseen.) Im also trying to vet3 my infantry, and 90% this work. Sometimes i lost one infantry squad cuz' of mortar or something and i just have to replace them.

With the tanks it's different story: I dont like to lost the tanks, so much of the time they are staying behind frontline and they are waiting for huge tank battle. Only Tiger Ace im using aggresive because he's more universal than Panther (Panther is weak vs infantry)

Generally Speaking - Im using this doctrine as stealth-hard hitting doctrine. So tell me, am i using it good? (Sry for my tragic english)
5 Jun 2017, 21:54 PM

I'm not the best player out there but I can give a couple tips.

Well the part that caught my attention most was where you said you don't like to lose tanks so you keep them away from the lines. Does that mean that you aren't using them at all or just playing conservatively? Because you should always be using them and pressuring with them, with the pak in support, instead of waiting for a critical mass of tanks if that's what you are doing.

Another thing: I've recently fallen in love with stg44 stormtroopers, and what I'll do with them is hold the close by the enemy lines in camouflage on hold fire, and then start an attack with whatever I have. When the main force starts fighting, I rush in with the stormtroopers from behind and start murdering team weapons and infantry with the stgs and grenades. The ability they get is great for wiping retreating units too, but only use it when the stormtroopers aren't getting shot at, as they take more damage and move and retreat slower(!) as well.
5 Jun 2017, 22:40 PM

I wonder why you ask? I see you have your own build and units' preferences. So only one thing which could give you an answer is your rank. If you are mostly victorious with this (losing sometimes just an one unit - woooah) - you're using it well. As for me I see a strong lack of vehicles. How could you wait 17 CP to call the Ace with only one panther is a big mystery to me.
6 Jun 2017, 07:08 AM

Only advice I would give is that you already have a well-rounded army in the field before calling in the ace. The fuel and mp penalty from it will pretty much reduce your resources to reinforcing once you call it in.

You must also have AT LEAST 2 pioneers in the field before calling in the ace, and even then you might still rely on allied support with repairs.

one of the big achilles heels of Ostheer is thir inability to efficiently repair their high HP tanks.
6 Jun 2017, 20:40 PM

Hater - My highest rank was 14, but now i have 2 (!). Thats because i was playing with "gardening retards" (20 hours in the game, 5 matches played 0 wins). When i start playing Ostheer i was having +5 wins, lose, +5 wins... Now i have 4 to 6 loses, then one win - and again. I was having 76% wins at ~90 games, now i have 47% and 13 more loses than wins. And MM <444>3 I can play with 3 newbies VS 4 5k hours players, and match is ending after 5 minutes. Thats FUCKING annoying!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★