Login

russian armor

Emplacements need a major redesign

28 May 2017, 14:12 PM

You´re right. The problem with emplacements isn´t they power. Even averange player can take them down.

The problem is that those emplacements take too much time to be taken down, which makes the game feel boring.

What most players here are traying to suggest, is to make emplacements weaker, this way or another, so they are taken down much faster.

Yes, this is halfway to go. But we cannot forget that we need to do another changes as well. If emplacements are only sinkhole for resouces and are always taken down, why would you build them ?

That´s why I think we need to make also some buffs to them, along with nerfs, to make them appealing and funny to play for both sides.

For example to make mortar pit funny to play and actually make it worth the resources is to make it only autofire on ambient buildings, that are in control of the enemy. If you want to use it elswhere, you´ll have to use normal barrage (barrage time should be lowered).

Also decrease brace duration to 10 seconds and brace cooldown to 40 second (10 seconds brace, 30 seconds opportunity time) so it offers some kidn of prostection against offmaps/ tank rush but it´s no longer so annoing to fight against. If you are able to fire at mortar pit for longer than 10 seconds, you´ll be awarded with dead mortar pit. And if you aren´t able to kill it withing 30 seconds, you opponent will get another brace, to maybe save the pit.

I think this change would make brace far more interesting, micro intesive and funnier for both sides.

Mortar pit cost should go to 250 mapower and mortar pit should only contain one mortar, with the option of buying second one for another 200 manpower. Popcap should be decreased a bit and then increased even more with second mortar pit.

It should be worth it to get 2 mortars into one pit for firepower but still it should cost more manpower and popcap than current morar pit.

What do you think ?

There are some good ideas(like the Brace nerf). The mortar pit redesign is kinda interesting, I am not sure about it though. How would the autofire work on maps with almost no buildings, or on any map in the late game, when all the buildings are down? I really doubt that would be effective. The rest is decent though.
28 May 2017, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2017, 14:12 PMmediev

There are some good ideas(like the Brace nerf). The mortar pit redesign is kinda interesting, I am not sure about it though. How would the autofire work on maps with almost no buildings, or on any map in the late game, when all the buildings are down? I really doubt that would be effective. The rest is decent though.

I stated there that it will get both fast firing manual barrage and autofire against ambient buildings.

This means it's really good against static weapon team play cover play or building play but it can be soft-contered by repositioning.

It's not useless in the late game you just need to use some kind of a micro to manually choose targets via barrage button.

And I don't consider that as a brace nerf rather than brace rework
28 May 2017, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2017, 10:54 AMtenid

I'm sure a tiger fears the almighty 25 penetration (E: 30 if you park next to it) of the bofors. If you think a bofors can counter an ost mortar solo then you clearly haven't tried it anytime recently. It can pin it, sure, but it won't seriously threaten its health.

That is not the point, the point is that it can do all of these things, comes very early and is reasonably cheap. Bullshit unit if you ask me.
28 May 2017, 16:59 PM

That is not the point, the point is that it can do all of these things, comes very early and is reasonably cheap. Bullshit unit if you ask me.

And in return I'm pointing out that to claim the bofors can do any of those things in any meaningful way is complete bollocks.
29 May 2017, 01:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2017, 16:59 PMtenid

And in return I'm pointing out that to claim the bofors can do any of those things in any meaningful way is complete bollocks.

Also it still can't move.

Infantry can move AND shoot stuff op plz nerf kappa.
29 May 2017, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2017, 16:59 PMtenid

lol, time to play the game bro
29 May 2017, 09:04 AM

The regular Ostheer mortar should get (tuned down) flame shells on vet1 so Ostheer has an effective non doctrinal counter to cancerpits. Everything else will bleed out an Ostheer players mp as was mentioned earlier.
29 May 2017, 10:34 AM

if you lose to mortar pit as OKW then uninstall

Dealing with emplacements as Ostheer can be frustrating I agree, but it is atm all thats left for UKF to keep the cancerous high rank OKW meta in teamgames (2v2 speaking) under control. Emplacement spam is abuse, but double or triple ISG too. If you wanna redesign emplacements, then also take a look on ISGs, vet 0 stukas with cmd panther recon flares and vet 5 infantry from OKW.
29 May 2017, 15:41 PM

Dealing with emplacements as Ostheer can be frustrating I agree, but it is atm all thats left for UKF to keep the cancerous high rank OKW meta in teamgames (2v2 speaking) under control. Emplacement spam is abuse, but double or triple ISG too. If you wanna redesign emplacements, then also take a look on ISGs, vet 0 stukas with cmd panther recon flares and vet 5 infantry from OKW.

Except that it gets countered by isg spam lol
30 May 2017, 00:06 AM

Would appreciate if they would remove/change the auto repair of emplacements from the Advanced Emplacements Commander. Zero micro (apart from brace once in a while), auto repair while braced (and sometimes faster than you can dmg it), and no risk of losing your engeneers.
30 May 2017, 00:49 AM

Problems with the lieg can be solved by moving the walking stuka behind tier 3. You will have a chance to counter leigs with 120s or pak howitzers. After that is fixed, we can look at emplacements, but ostheer's double mortar strategy will probably need to be toned down vs brits by either introducing new counters or toning down wipe potential. Ifantry sections are very vulnerable to wipes from ostheer mortars when clumped up in yellow cover. Infantry sections do not do too well when fighting out of cover.
30 May 2017, 01:05 AM

the reason people go multiple isg's is because of mortor pits.
30 May 2017, 01:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2017, 01:05 AMAlphrum

the reason people go multiple isg's is because of mortor pits.

People go leigs because it is hard to counter and will bleed your opponents. Liegs are meta this patch because light vehicles are no longer pushing armies off the map. Mortar pits get hard countered by leigs, so building one ,when you suspect your opponent will make liegs, is a mistake without stand fast. Pak howies and 120s are capable of countering leigs, but only if the other team do not build a walking stukas. There is a reason why everyone is playing axis this patch. Even allied only players, from last patch, are now dominating as axis.
30 May 2017, 09:19 AM

Boring topic, mortar pits are easliy rekt by isg and stuka and bofors ? Someone even bulid bofors ? I know its good but come on with okw arty fest its weak as hell
From my experience friends or random teammates always chose aec with turbo speed and mirco that thing can destroy heavy tanks when well flank
30 May 2017, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2017, 14:48 PMmediev

Have you read the post? The mortar pits could reach every VP, both fuels and both munis. He had a pretty decent army. I guess that is what happens when you can just sit back and recruit more stuff. All he had to do was get vision and I was immediately hit by 2 mortar pits, not to mention he sat on my cut-off with that SimCity, so even if I wanted to cap the other fuel, it would be useless and I just would get wiped by a Bofors on retreat. Even if you avoid the vision from the point, he can just bombard it blindly, it costs nothing, and with 2 mortar pits, he will hit something eventually. Like I said, I beat him eventually, that is not the problem. The problem is that someone with this little skill, with only his one "strategy", could waste 50 minutes of my time by an incredibly boring gameplay, while he himself had to do almost nothing. THAT is what infuriates me about this bullshit! It ruins the quality of the game, not the balance per se.
+1
30 May 2017, 13:37 PM

People go leigs because it is hard to counter and will bleed your opponents. Liegs are meta this patch because light vehicles are no longer pushing armies off the map. Mortar pits get hard countered by leigs, so building one ,when you suspect your opponent will make liegs, is a mistake without stand fast. Pak howies and 120s are capable of countering leigs, but only if the other team do not build a walking stukas. There is a reason why everyone is playing axis this patch. Even allied only players, from last patch, are now dominating as axis.

I can go four kubels and then spam jaeger light infantry and win lol. Four kubels is actually insanely good though.
31 May 2017, 05:24 AM

British emplacements, particularly the Bofors, are so cancerous in large team games. They're somewhat manageable on their own or in smaller games, but as soon as you pick the doctrine(s) with the extra emplacement health and/or auto-repair, multiple well-supported emplacements become f'ing invincible until you get tanks. It turns areas of the map into free Allied territory until the Axis tank hordes start rolling out.

Stukas do nothing for some reason. Le.IGs and mortars are okay if they don't just keep auto-repairing it and repairing with anvil engies. I've had games where my teammate and I collectively had 5 light arty pieces and we still couldn't kill one Bofors among several because of the repair + brace (not every game is that bad, it depends on how actively they repair).

If Brits push you off a fuel point early game for about a minute and set up a Bofors and a pit, it's essentially a no-go zone for the rest of the game until tanks come out. Emplacements need some serious rework. It's such a braindead strategy that works way too well for how little effort it takes.

I remember a specific 2v2 (and they're nowhere near as bad in 2v2 as in 4v4) where I had a Stuka and a howitzer + off-maps bombarding 2 mortar pits, a Bofors, and a 17-pounder all lined up perfectly for Stukas every second they were off cooldown and I still couldn't kill them because of the cancerous emplacement doctrine. It took 30+ minutes into the game before even a single pit died. It was ridiculous. I even fired a stolen AVRE shot at the 17-pounder when it had ~1/3 health, and it braced, survived, then repaired to full health in less than a minute. We did win that match, but had that been a 4v4 where Brits could do that shit on 2 VPs, it would have been a different story.

Absolutely broken. Anybody defending this is just wrong. I don't want to hear people's theorycrafting about how I need to l2p. It feels broken even when I do this shit. I'm not saying I can never beat it. I'm not even saying it has literally zero counter-play. I'm saying it takes too little skill for such a high payoff, and that's a problem. A strategy doesn't need to be "literally invincible" in order to be too strong. About the only early game strategy I find really counters emplacement spam is the mortar halftrack w/ incendiary rounds.
31 May 2017, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2017, 05:24 AMKothre
British emplacements, particularly the Bofors, are so cancerous in large team games. They're somewhat manageable on their own or in smaller games, but as soon as you pick the doctrine(s) with the extra emplacement health and/or auto-repair, multiple well-supported emplacements become f'ing invincible until you get tanks. It turns areas of the map into free Allied territory until the Axis tank hordes start rolling out.

Stukas do nothing for some reason. Le.IGs and mortars are okay if they don't just keep auto-repairing it and repairing with anvil engies. I've had games where my teammate and I collectively had 5 light arty pieces and we still couldn't kill one Bofors among several because of the repair + brace (not every game is that bad, it depends on how actively they repair).

If Brits push you off a fuel point early game for about a minute and set up a Bofors and a pit, it's essentially a no-go zone for the rest of the game until tanks come out. Emplacements need some serious rework. It's such a braindead strategy that works way too well for how little effort it takes.

I remember a specific 2v2 (and they're nowhere near as bad in 2v2 as in 4v4) where I had a Stuka and a howitzer + off-maps bombarding 2 mortar pits, a Bofors, and a 17-pounder all lined up perfectly for Stukas every second they were off cooldown and I still couldn't kill them because of the cancerous emplacement doctrine. It took 30+ minutes into the game before even a single pit died. It was ridiculous. I even fired a stolen AVRE shot at the 17-pounder when it had ~1/3 health, and it braced, survived, then repaired to full health in less than a minute. We did win that match, but had that been a 4v4 where Brits could do that shit on 2 VPs, it would have been a different story.

Absolutely broken. Anybody defending this is just wrong. I don't want to hear people's theorycrafting about how I need to l2p. It feels broken even when I do this shit. I'm not saying I can never beat it. I'm not even saying it has literally zero counter-play. I'm saying it takes too little skill for such a high payoff, and that's a problem. A strategy doesn't need to be "literally invincible" in order to be too strong. About the only early game strategy I find really counters emplacement spam is the mortar halftrack w/ incendiary rounds.

FINALLY! Someone who understands what the thread is about. God bless you, sir.
31 May 2017, 16:53 PM

Imo emplacements just need to be restricted to one of each type (one mortar pit, one bofors, one 17 pounder) unless the player has the advanced emplacement regiment. This way the brit player can still lockdown one vp/a good part of the map and make a proper army to contest the other two vp's.
31 May 2017, 17:10 PM

Imo emplacements just need to be restricted to one of each type (one mortar pit, one bofors, one 17 pounder) unless the player has the advanced emplacement regiment. This way the brit player can still lockdown one vp/a good part of the map and make a proper army to contest the other two vp's.

I actually disagree with this. I think their survivability needs to be tweaked, and the Bofors needs to cost more fuel. That alone should be enough to fix it in my opinion. With survivability, that especially means adjusting the doctrinal abilities that buff emplacements.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

New Zealand 16
Germany 4
unknown 2
Germany 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %