Login

russian armor

Penal Battalion counter?

25 May 2017, 22:35 PM

Right now I have a big Problem with the Penal Battalion when playing against Soviet Players. I know they have no armour but since they always come in doubles or more, they manage it to force retreat my entire army in the early game. Any suggestions how I should counter them in the early game? I know I'm supposed to hit green cover with my volks but even if they are in Green Cover they lose every battle. Flanking with the sturms also doesn't really work since my opponent just tells his troops to focus on my pios as soon as they get in sight. So yeah I don't know what to do.
25 May 2017, 22:37 PM

Post a replay if you want good advice, as without seeing what mistakes you're making its hard to know what suggestions to make.

That being said, volks cost 250 and don't require a tech building, wheras penals cost 300 and require building t1. You should have numerical superiority in most battles. If you stay at max range and keep your units grouped you should be able to win engagements.
26 May 2017, 14:28 PM

Or you could just make isgs.
30 May 2017, 08:07 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

As DanielD said, you should have numerical strength early since penals arrive a bit later than volks. Once you get your tech down go for some MG34s. They're good at dealing with penal spam.
30 May 2017, 13:34 PM

As DanielD said, you should have numerical strength early since penals arrive a bit later than volks. Once you get your tech down go for some MG34s. They're good at dealing with penal spam.

Penals lack a normal grenade, so mg34s are even more effective against them.
15 Jan 2018, 14:37 PM

Penals lack a normal grenade, so mg34s are even more effective against them.

Just., keep and eye over them if they get close

That Satchel can Turn games AND units in pieces
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight