Login

russian armor

Dual Kubel Cancer

24 May 2017, 04:49 AM

What to do vs the dual kubel cancer in team games? OKW has the high DPS SP and when coupled with two Kubel just dominate any cap point they want. USF doesn't have jack that I'm aware of until LT or Cap that can fight that. Worse, when facing two OKW doing the same, or an OST brings an MG to cover the flank. In my experience, they just own the map that way and by the time you can counter, they're already two techs ahead.

So..what to do?
24 May 2017, 05:33 AM
Patrion 15

Since pop cap is always at max you can just hold on to 1-2 point until you have enough rifleman and attack your desired objective one by one. If you spread too much in the early game against kübel spam you might have a hard time. Also, getting early nade tech against early MG helps me a lot in my experience but I wouldn't suggest this unless you saw at 2 MG units. Kübel spam is only strong in first 2 minutes. I even don't focus on kübels that much just for OKW to have lower MP income over a "meh" unit.
24 May 2017, 07:30 AM

You can't do shit until they fix this issue, which will probably never happen.

2xRE helps a lot to deal vs 2 kubel, but that all.
24 May 2017, 08:17 AM

if you are playin 1vs1, there is a way,
Do you remember the mechanized company doctrine? ... No? No wonder. But if you make that crappy, overpriced jeep really early and put rifles into it, you could just be able to erase them from the map in the first 7 minutes, including their 2 kubels.
Just dont get too close to the sturmpios... and dont get too far either. Its tricky but you can learn quickly and the result is worth it.
24 May 2017, 08:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2017, 07:30 AMEsxile
You can't do shit until they fix this issue, which will probably never happen.

2xRE helps a lot to deal vs 2 kubel, but that all.

yeah 2xRE will deal very good damage vs kubels. But there are 2 kubels and most certainly a Sturmpioneer around. When the first volk comes around you are royally fucked when you have 2xRE and 1 riflemen. Best bet is the dodge truck, but then your lategame armor will suffer.
24 May 2017, 11:20 AM

Dont spread out your troops too much, focus down any non kubel units first, then worry about kubels, this way u get vet 1 rifleman, and with it, u can do wonders, different aproach is to fast tech weapons and make zook echalon (1 zook, deals with kubels, double, deals with luchs), u will want double bar rifleman anyway. But actualy, not the best USF player, I'm sturgling myself with that faction, and its only one with whom i have never been in top 100, i just basicly tip u, how usf players succesfully deals it vs me. So basicly list of strats :

1. Mech offensive (double jeep, refund em asap, dont loose em)

2. Fast tech leitnant, into fast m20, i mean fast, 4 min mark. If u manage to do that, it great vs any okw build order, just rember to put down some M20 mines too, biting luchs response on em is 1 shot beuty.)

3. Fast tech weapons and zook up echalon.

4. Dont spread out troops, play defensively (it means u will be behind a bit, what basicly means - no teching strat with M10 and buldozer scherman)

24 May 2017, 12:23 PM
Donator 11

Mechanised company instantly counters kubel spam. If you have a spot available, just go for it when you see more than one kubel, do damage with your trucks before they get acess to pfaust. If you havent already won at this point just sell the trucks and play into major. Later on, the mechanised artillery is brilliant at destroying trucks.

Sadly, if there is less than two kubels or if you are against ost, this doctrine doesn't work.
24 May 2017, 14:58 PM

Dual kubel? Real men make 4. That's what I do when I want maximum cheese and it works lol. Even dominates ucs and dodges.

yeah 2xRE will deal very good damage vs kubels. But there are 2 kubels and most certainly a Sturmpioneer around. When the first volk comes around you are royally fucked when you have 2xRE and 1 riflemen. Best bet is the dodge truck, but then your lategame armor will suffer.

I find that building 1 extra RE as first unit (so 2x RE) then going 1 rifleman then mechanized dodge then another rifleman is really good against 2 kubels. Just hunt them with the dodge and an RE squad in back and cap with the other RE and rifles. Then I usually go lt to M15 backed by REs with bazookas. Some other guy posted this opening a while ago and I'm loving it for 1v1.

If they make 4 kubels like I do you're fucked.
24 May 2017, 15:11 PM

If they make 4 kubels like I do you're fucked.

How can you micro 4 kubels at once? o.O
24 May 2017, 15:34 PM
Patrion 15

No one can control 4 kübel at once yet alone efficiently. Just calm down and don't spread out too wide until you have enough rifle advantage and I'm sure you're going to kill them one by one and once you get vet1 rifle cheese is done. Just don't forget to blow up the kübel wreckages.
24 May 2017, 15:51 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Just hop in a building?
24 May 2017, 16:14 PM
Donator 11

If you like to counter cheese with cheese, the viable counter to kubel is spamming ghosts of tank traps with your REs to screw up pathing. Against multiple kubels, doubling up on REs is also a good idea becouse they are cheaper and have more utility, while doing equal damage to kubel as rifles. That is becouse the reason why REs are bad against infantry is accurancy and kubel is such a big target that even REs always hit.
24 May 2017, 16:25 PM
Benefactor 392

use green cover, don't stand in the open
24 May 2017, 16:27 PM
Donator 11

Isn't kubel exactly what counters green cover before you have vet1 nades? You can win almost any fight in early game just by pushing rifles from cover with kubel and shooting with some other unit, preferably sturmpios.
24 May 2017, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2017, 15:51 PMBudwise
Just hop in a building?

Maps like Minsk don't have that option.

Green Cover only gets you so far. You'll hold your own against the one SP and Kubel, but then when the 2nd Kubel comes, the green cover doesn't help much. Also, maps like Minsk don't have much green.

I loathe the fact the only decent counter is doctrine based, where OKW isn't hamstrung to a doctrine to pull this cheese.
24 May 2017, 16:53 PM

You can always go Infantry or Heavy Cav and try to use your first mine to kill one of the Kubels, building sandbags goes a long way to prevent heavy bleed too if you go Rifles as ever, but in 2vs2 you will always depend on your Ally against such Cheese.
Not much else you can do but loathe those who play OKW.
25 May 2017, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2017, 15:34 PMruzen
No one can control 4 kübel at once yet alone efficiently. Just calm down and don't spread out too wide until you have enough rifle advantage and I'm sure you're going to kill them one by one and once you get vet1 rifle cheese is done. Just don't forget to blow up the kübel wreckages.

There's not much micro to be done with kubels. It's just move- enemy- stop- reverse when at low health, repair, repeat.
25 May 2017, 04:55 AM
Patrion 15

There's not much micro to be done with kubels. It's just move- enemy- stop- reverse when at low health, repair, repeat.

SeemsGood
25 May 2017, 11:00 AM

Here applies the same which applies for many cases:

1. play OKW
2. Try out this strat yourself 5-10 times
3. see it being countered (probably by house camping and fast m20 / at gun)
4. avoid hours of theorycrafting and talking in forums
25 May 2017, 12:08 PM

Try managing 4 kubels at once with their glorious pathing, it's simply impossible
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★