Login

russian armor

Ardennes Assault Let's Play

23 May 2017, 21:29 PM

Hi,

I just played Ardennes Assault all over again for fun. (somewhat aiming for high score, and without ever using OP Fox Company)

I wonder if anyone will be interested in seeing stuff like "Highest Possible Score" or "Speedruns" in CoH Campaign Let's Plays? (Something that looks interesting after watching a few Games Done Quick)

If anyone's interested in my 40k score run I just did casually, here is The Playlist
15 Oct 2017, 17:44 PM

I'm playing through Ardennes Assault on hard as well. Man, I wish I was able to achieve even a fraction of the smoothness you demonstrated in your videos. I have a lot to learn. Did RTS games always come naturally to you? What's your secret?
17 Oct 2017, 01:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2017, 17:44 PMEl_Syd
I'm playing through Ardennes Assault on hard as well. Man, I wish I was able to achieve even a fraction of the smoothness you demonstrated in your videos. I have a lot to learn. Did RTS games always come naturally to you? What's your secret?

I played CoH for at least 8 years now.

Before that I played Rise of Nations so that's quite a long time of "training" and experience.
17 Oct 2017, 11:19 AM

That's quite a bit of experience. Rise of Nations takes me back. I remember waiting for the demo to finish downloading for about an entire day on my dial-up connection. Unfortunately, it wasn't until much later that I had a PC good enough to run it at decent FPS.

Back to Ardennes Assault though, do you know how decreases in Company Strength are calculated? I've been playing missions without losing any squads or vehicles, but I'm still losing much more strength than you. Do I really have to make sure that I lose only a few models as well?
17 Oct 2017, 12:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2017, 11:19 AMEl_Syd

Back to Ardennes Assault though, do you know how decreases in Company Strength are calculated? I've been playing missions without losing any squads or vehicles, but I'm still losing much more strength than you. Do I really have to make sure that I lose only a few models as well?

Yes. Individual model drops, even if you don't lose the squad, cost you Company Strength. Therefore, researching a vehicle-based army composition is very helpful in maintaining company strength.

Alternatively you can blob support weapons so that you never suffer any losses from enemy units (either insta-pinned or one-shot) :P
17 Oct 2017, 13:14 PM

I don't remember my score but it is not difficult to finish the hardest mode without investing any point in upgrades. The campaign is really simple, there are 1 or 2 tricky scenario you need to know to handle it well.
I think the most tricky one is when you must recover abandoned vehicles, you need to know where are the best one before the IA grab them.
18 Oct 2017, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2017, 11:19 AMEl_Syd
That's quite a bit of experience. Rise of Nations takes me back. I remember waiting for the demo to finish downloading for about an entire day on my dial-up connection. Unfortunately, it wasn't until much later that I had a PC good enough to run it at decent FPS.

I remember I could run RoN on my Pentinum III computer LOL
I bought the remaster version on steam. Still fun today.

Yes, EVERY inf model counts on your strength, it's 1 CS for every 2 casualties.
19 Oct 2017, 00:01 AM

Yes. Individual model drops, even if you don't lose the squad, cost you Company Strength. Therefore, researching a vehicle-based army composition is very helpful in maintaining company strength.

Alternatively you can blob support weapons so that you never suffer any losses from enemy units (either insta-pinned or one-shot) :P

Blobbing support weapon is a bad idea. They still get +25% or +50% (dont remember which) damage taken like in Multiplayer.

Losing each model cost strength, and for shit like AT gun/Mortar, if somehow AI gets a mortar/nade to land on it, there goes 4 men (2 Strength) and ALL vet you got there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★