Login

russian armor

Why is the OST mortar's ROF so high?

25 May 2017, 11:35 AM

Pretty sure the triple mortar bulletins + HROF have something to do with it... They need to be looked at.
25 May 2017, 11:41 AM

Every faction have some best units in class.
And Osther have best mortar in game. No problem. We dont want the same units for factions.
25 May 2017, 11:45 AM

^Tru, but if the bulletins are making it overperform considerably (which I have a feeling is the case), then it or they need to be looked at.
25 May 2017, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2017, 11:41 AMAradan
And Osther have best mortar in game. No problem. We dont want the same units for factions.

And let's face it, if ost didn't have the best team weapons they'd be screwed.
25 May 2017, 15:34 PM

And let's face it, if ost didn't have the best team weapons they'd be screwed.

I agree they should have the best mortar, but currently it is more than just the best its vastly over preforming it just needs toned down a bit.
25 May 2017, 15:39 PM

IMO double GrWs (in 2v2) are way more annoying than Mortar Pit.

Personally I would make every mortar truly shit during autofire while barrage should be superior in every single way.
25 May 2017, 15:54 PM

Personally I would make every mortar truly shit during autofire while barrage should be superior in every single way.

THIS is exactly what I am referring to and have seen happen a shit ton now because of obviously how insanely effective it can be. Ive seen them win 2v2 games lately from the amazing wipes. It can be petty hard to deal with especially when vetted. USF mortar has 0 chance of counter barraging them and soviets not really either. Ive seen them hard counter pak howies lately.
25 May 2017, 19:30 PM

I made a thread before the WBP went live where I said the Ost mortar was going to be a problem. Everyone agreed I was just stupid. Maybe I am but I wasn't wrong about the mortar. Now we have this patch and I doubt that anything will change soon. The balance team seems to listen to only a few people and ignores the rest.

They should have nerfed the autofire range for all mortars and the leig.
25 May 2017, 20:10 PM

First day of beta testing CoH2: Whoa this t1 mortar is going to be an issue!

Four years later...
25 May 2017, 22:10 PM

I think that would be good. Maybe leave attack ground in its current state as well. Makes a little more sense in a way too, as you are telling a crew to attack this certain point (like zeroing in areas how they do it in real life) instead of "hit those guys over there". Makes more sense in my mind anyway. Also, double grw counters the shit out o mortar pit and remains relevant afterwards too. I still think that the brits just need a normal mortar. Just copy pasta grw and call it a day lol.
26 May 2017, 05:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2017, 11:41 AMAradan

And best MG, best AT, best sniper, best light vehicles...

and everything else is above average.
26 May 2017, 05:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2017, 05:07 AMzerocoh

And best MG, best AT, best sniper, best light vehicles...

and everything else is above average.

Wow, just pull your head out of your allied biased ass.

A lot of people in this thread have busted you with proper stats knowledge and still you are simply whining about how OP Ost is. No reason to go on with other things only to get your butt kicked again.

Just give it a rest and chill.
26 May 2017, 14:26 PM

A lot of people in this thread have busted you with proper stats knowledge and still you are simply whining about how OP Ost is. No reason to go on with other things only to get your butt kicked again.

The first line is true tho, even the part about 222 since they are still only 30 fuel.
26 May 2017, 20:34 PM

Zero its taking a bit far ost is built on support weps just saying the mortsr needs toned down a bit.
Vaz
27 May 2017, 01:42 AM

decrease price
rof faster
problem solved
27 May 2017, 09:32 AM

fix to all mortar in COH2 :

REMOVE AUTOFIRE.

artillery is pure cancer in game, like in war, but at least during the war it didn't shoot automatically at nearest ennemies.

if you force people to micro their mortar, and only allow them to attack a position and not a mooving squad, then every problem related to artillery would be fixed.
27 May 2017, 10:48 AM

Pretty sure the triple mortar bulletins + HROF have something to do with it... They need to be looked at.

Try 3 accuracy bulletins for the OST mortar. It is downright broken lol.
27 May 2017, 11:18 AM

Try 3 accuracy bulletins for the OST mortar. It is downright broken lol.

I know lol
27 May 2017, 15:23 PM

fix to all mortar in COH2 :

REMOVE AUTOFIRE.

artillery is pure cancer in game, like in war, but at least during the war it didn't shoot automatically at nearest ennemies.

if you force people to micro their mortar, and only allow them to attack a position and not a mooving squad, then every problem related to artillery would be fixed.

Maybe a little extreme but probably a good idea. Would be interesting to see what percentage of the players don't notice that their mortar pits don't autofire.
27 May 2017, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2017, 15:23 PMGrumpy

Maybe a little extreme but probably a good idea. Would be interesting to see what percentage of the players don't notice that their mortar pits don't autofire.

took the idea from another WWII RTS, it works pretty well because then people use their mortar only to destroy heavily defended position, and not to shoot at every passing squad.

so not so extreme, but i duoubt it ever get put in coh2 which is very casual.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★