Login

russian armor

Why is the OST mortar's ROF so high?

27 May 2017, 23:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I would like to test setting mortars max damage at like 78 instead of 80, and see how the game changed around that. But I'm too lazy to make a mod :thumb:
28 May 2017, 03:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2017, 23:23 PMTobis
I would like to test setting mortars max damage at like 78 instead of 80, and see how the game changed around that. But I'm too lazy to make a mod :thumb:

I always liked making the lethal damage radius 0.1 so only direct hits killed full health infantry. The AoE then dealt a consistently middling amount of damage to clumped squads.
28 May 2017, 03:43 AM

Sigh... Can we leave Mortars alone guys? Seeing people argue for making Infantry more resistant to Mortars is really depressing... No matter what side it is. AOE for Mortars have already took a pounding throughout the years and you even have squads more spaced out now. Enough is enough... Accept that random squad wipes just happen and move on.
28 May 2017, 10:26 AM

Sigh... Can we leave Mortars alone guys? Seeing people argue for making Infantry more resistant to Mortars is really depressing... No matter what side it is. AOE for Mortars have already took a pounding throughout the years and you even have squads more spaced out now. Enough is enough... Accept that random squad wipes just happen and move on.

Leig supression.
Usf mortar
Sov precision shot.
Sov 120mm.

All cancer, and you cry about the injustice of mortars being nerfed.

I don't know whether to cry or laugh at the obscenity of your post.
28 May 2017, 11:30 AM

This has nothing to do with crying. I'm seeing both sides complain about Mortars wiping their units from time to time and instead of accepting that it happens, I see suggestions like this.

I would like to test setting mortars max damage at like 78 instead of 80, and see how the game changed around that. But I'm too lazy to make a mod

Yes, Tobis is a excellent player but I can't agree with him here. Watching infantry survive direct hits is just taking the piss.

Or in the Official Forum, I even see suggestions to limit Mortars to a maximum of two kills per explosion, inspired by the Mine changes. Throwing realism out the window.

Point being, all sides in this game deserves a mortar that works, especially my enemies. I have lost games because of wipes from Mortars too but I accept the outcome because I can do the same back when I play my cards right. It makes the game interesting and it makes stealing your enemy's weapons more exciting.

Oh yes, let me bring you up to speed on this. The Precision Shot ability for Soviet Mortars and other units has been gone for YEARS! How on earth do you still consider it a problem?

So to be on topic for this thread. No, the Ostheer Mortar is not overpowered and no longer has the two second reload of years past. It's been fine since then and requires no further changes.
1 Jun 2017, 00:01 AM

ostheer mortar is fine

USF mortar needs to be rebuffed to that level because rn it's total garbage on par with the useless maxims
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26
Germany 813
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak