Login

russian armor

people think i am a nazi /or just idiots

2 Aug 2013, 19:17 PM

When i play often people write 88 or heil hitler in the in game chat WTF ? Only because i am from germany ? Or because of super schnitzel = ss ?Changed my name 3 am and did not think about shit like that .
Only Relic postRelic 2 Aug 2013, 19:36 PM

Unfortunately this isn't limited to you. If you have a specifically German user name it may increase this, but in our experience unfortunately the game attracts a percentage of people who either believe that the Nazis were right or at least like to pretend that they believe that.

The lobby's in CoH were always full of people using racist or anti-Semitic language to troll people. The number of players who got banned for having names like "JewOven" and the like is so depressing and disappointing.

We're hoping that the fact that you only get one account with Steam, rather than CoH's ability to create a billion million profiles, will keep people at least acting like sensible adults but humanity as a whole always finds new ways to disappoint me.

Sorry you have to put up with that. If you want send the replays to info@relic.com and we can take a look and either warn players off, suspend them or potentially ban them.
2 Aug 2013, 19:46 PM

ty for the quick response .Unfortunately i did not save the replay ,but i will do it the next time.Good to see that relic does not tolerate shit like that.
2 Aug 2013, 19:47 PM

Thanks for the information noun. There have been some cases of abusive behavior while playing that left me questioning the other players humanity.
3 Aug 2013, 01:53 AM

Welcome to the internet! Grab a chair, throw the word "nazi" in a chat room and have fun for hours.

Seriously ... i know it sucks to get called "Nazi" as a german. It´s not fair and it hurts. Pro tip: report those idiots to relic, get over it and start the next automatch game. Next game you play with friendly guys :)
3 Aug 2013, 03:08 AM

that akward moment when chat doesn't show in replays...............
3 Aug 2013, 03:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge

your name fine there just idiots. (let them be idiots what does itmatter to you. :P (just imo menu.)
3 Aug 2013, 03:51 AM

as long as he has a super schnitzel nobody will mess with him
3 Aug 2013, 04:11 AM

Somehow I don't like Relic making chatroom for COH2 because 95% of log in COH1 are racist and ultra offensive shitstorm
3 Aug 2013, 04:49 AM
Honorary Member Badge

and tbh i don't want chatrooms they were shitfests of religion, politics, and racism. the only people met in those chat rooms were people i had to put on ignore.

though ironically enough at the same time some of the more interesting religous debates/disccusions ive ever seen take place on the internet. (ya i know right??? im confused too don't worry ;))
3 Aug 2013, 14:18 PM

I declare myself guilty of poking the chat lobby just to see how people would react, sometimes. (All you had to do was say a sentence with Hitler, Obama, or Bush in it, but that's beside the point).

However, I do think the chat brought a feeling of cohesion to it all. Don't ask me why, but you could "feel" people were playing a game, especially when it was hard to find an automatch game late at night.

It also helped to promote communities and/or gameplay tips...
3 Aug 2013, 14:31 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

You can always screenshot abusive in-game chat and send it to info@relic.com
3 Aug 2013, 14:50 PM

then people trash talk me. i usually joke back with ridicule statements, i mean its a game right. its like people calling you off in soccer or football or basket.

the only things i say when i meet a German is.

Hallo!
bitte ser!
nein!

i blame enemy territory.

the last match i played with a german he told me to win the world war 2 LOL
3 Aug 2013, 14:59 PM

This happens in every game, not only in COH. I never gave a fuck on these people, but it's still funny that they think they are great historicans because they heard a bit in school about that and now they are thinking that they can jugde us Germans because of our history. But in this shitty world they need a scapegoat, because with it they don't have to think about their own mistakes. I can just laugh about this idiots.
3 Aug 2013, 16:52 PM

Back three years ago when I came up with this nameI had no thought about the connotations that it may have. I just wanted a WW2 sounding name. I occasionally get a few comments, but usually it's just people assuming I'm German.

If you ignore the chat lobby which is always toxic, the ingame chat is not too bad, at least for 1v1s. In fact I've struck up some decent conversations with people after games. However 2v2s can be problem, with teammates just messing about or when the blame game starts.
3 Aug 2013, 19:41 PM

Its really surreal, I have a friend of mine (a truly lovely lass) whos' father is Polish and whos' mother was German and who in turn was descended from 'Heimatvertriebene' - the Germans who were ethnically cleansed from their homes by the Red Army and the Russian government at the end of the war.

And when she was in New Zealand studying at high school here, she identified herself as German only to be immediately asked: 'do you like Hitler?'

A Polish dad and a mum whos family lost everything because of a war Hitler started.
Shes' definitely a Nazi groupie for sure :p
4 Aug 2013, 06:41 AM

Its really surreal, I have a friend of mine (a truly lovely lass) whos' father is Polish and whos' mother was German and who in turn was descended from 'Heimatvertriebene' - the Germans who were ethnically cleansed from their homes by the Red Army and the Russian government at the end of the war.

And when she was in New Zealand studying at high school here, she identified herself as German only to be immediately asked: 'do you like Hitler?'

A Polish dad and a mum whos family lost everything because of a war Hitler started.
Shes' definitely a Nazi groupie for sure :p

I mean I always got asked if I was a Nazi, mostly in a joking way and I sometimes played along just to make them laugh. It does get really funny when you get someone who is seriously asking you that question, I just scratch my head at the stupidity :p
14 Aug 2013, 08:41 AM

Don't know that if your German, that means your Nazi, lol. Does that mean if your Russian your a Communist?
14 Aug 2013, 10:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Tell them "ich liebe dich". Not coincidentally, that's the only German phrase I know.
15 Aug 2013, 10:01 AM

The biggest problem is most people like to think that the whole German army were Nazi's when actually most weren't Nazi in any way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★