Version 1.8 Changelog

26 Jun 2017, 18:41 PM

Excellent changes, keep up the good work
26 Jun 2017, 19:52 PM
Patrion 14

ostheer officer change sounds awesome.
26 Jun 2017, 20:13 PM

Permanently Banned
I think this community patch will make OKW practically useless. Keep a good job, lads.
26 Jun 2017, 20:29 PM

I think this community patch will make OKW practically useless. Keep a good job, lads.

Good, perhaps you will start playing other factions then.
26 Jun 2017, 20:36 PM

Permanently Banned

Good, perhaps you will start playing other factions then.

Please, don't start a pissing contest. Thank you.
26 Jun 2017, 22:17 PM

How? What are the major/unwarranted nerfs that prevent okw from being successful/powerful?
26 Jun 2017, 23:20 PM

a scout car aka 222 can lay mines, the HT was enough of a mine layer, its going to be harder to figure out if someone have reigals now if they can buy with both, it dont even make since for 222 to lay mines at all, and i just used the isu... its aoe does not compensate the misses at all. rest of changes are decent
26 Jun 2017, 23:22 PM

why not let m5s lay the little anti inf mines then that defense dontrine get then if 222 gets a random buff like that to even it out
nee
26 Jun 2017, 23:42 PM

You gotta understand that relic can't leave the fate of their valuable franchise to modders. There are good reason as why relic dissed this balance mod:

Hope that cleared it up for you. Still, it is an interesting and fun mod to try in custom games.

Relic has implemented stuff from Miragefla's mods, or at the very least specifically called him out as inspiration for balance patches, in the past. It's no surprise that when he makes more, you'll find people are resistant to it.

No one's saying it's so bad it can't even be a half-serious mod to try in custom games. What they are saying is that this sucks, since it's being proposed to Relic. And Relic has not said "no", they have just said "not at this time".

I have nothing against this mod, but I'm also not an idiot, a lot of what I don't like about the live game, are in part due to the changes they've taken from mods like this. I hope you understand that.

On the recent changes to FRP, I think it should have a faster cooldown so as to give an incentive for micromanagement of something other than an infantry blob. Such a long cooldown encourages players to do the opposite.
27 Jun 2017, 06:24 AM

Kubelwagen
We have added a cloak ability to the Kubelwagen to help the unit's scouting role and incentivize its re-purchase later in the game. This coincides with the Siphon changes which will make the Kubelwagen more difficult to locate as it steals resources.

-Now has access to Camouflage toggle ability. Kubel moves at an extremely slow pace but becomes cloaked. Kubel is detected if units are 15m from the vehicle. Disables Detection.
-Siphon Range to 30.

Seriously!. So what? Each army will have to leave a squad at his fuel point for the entire game just to be sure there is no camo kubel sneaking around and leeching your resources?
And wonderfully the detection radius is smaller than the Siphon's one...

27 Jun 2017, 06:27 AM

Bug report

-The KV-2 in siege mode lost the particularity to shot automatically through shot blocker (The bug appears only since EFA 1.8)

-The Stug E can now shot automatically though shot blocker (not sure if this change is intentional or not because you modified the QoL of the projectile, but in my opinion it's fine and it can stay like this)
27 Jun 2017, 06:48 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2017, 06:24 AMEsxile

Seriously!. So what? Each army will have to leave a squad at his fuel point for the entire game just to be sure there is no camo kubel sneaking around and leeching your resources?
And wonderfully the detection radius is smaller than the Siphon's one...

There is a giant sector highlight on the mini-map stating that it is happening. Furthermore, the Kubel is very easy to kill off now with basic firearms. And it moves as slow as a ZIS crew in stealth, if not slower. You also need to be in rifle range of the point so you have some room, but not a lot unless using terrain features.
27 Jun 2017, 08:01 AM

more jadtiger nerfs who the heck complained about it...?? why is it being nerfed into oblivion
27 Jun 2017, 08:17 AM
Developer Relic Badge

more jadtiger nerfs who the heck complained about it...?? why is it being nerfed into oblivion

Because in tests and gameplay, that you have unlikely participated in, the unit can easily knock out ATGs, infantry and support weapons from a very far distance without ever needing to expose itself since its greatest enemy for its secondary, terrain, is no longer an issue. The ability still has less scatter than any sort of artillery-like ability of the sort ex: SU-76.

It is still the furthest range super-heavy TD with the most armor that can provide AI support.
27 Jun 2017, 08:22 AM

Forward Retreat Point
We are experimenting with Retreat Points by adding a higher cost factor to the ability in the long run. We have re-added in the ability, but now the ability will trigger a resource penalty which will last for a minimum of a minute with the ability being unable to be de-activated for a minute. The penalty will persist until the retreat point is canceled.

-Now gives a 33% resource penalty when active.
-Upgrade cost from 300MP to 100MP.
-60 second cooldown upon toggle.

is effective on all resource ? if yes this is not fair, should reduce manpower only or munition. okw dont have cache and reducing fuel income is very effective even for 1 min.

and what news about new changes for USF and UKF ? i like to know new changes for emplacements.
27 Jun 2017, 09:04 AM

^
That should apply to ALL factions who can acess FRP .
Let's see how this change going when mod team move to USF and British .
27 Jun 2017, 09:20 AM

is effective on all resource ? if yes this is not fair, should reduce manpower only or munition. okw dont have cache and reducing fuel income is very effective even for 1 min.

OKW tanks are cheaper now in terms of fuel. If you want to keep FRP on all the time, you should be expecting to play OKW in resource-starved mode.

Being able to retreat a shorter distance means you have better map control and more resources than you normally would.

and what news about new changes for USF and UKF ? i like to know new changes for emplacements.

We first want to make sure that our changes to OST, Soviets and OKW are solid before we move to the other factions. That way, we will save a lot of unnecessary effort going back and forth.

For emplacements, you can pretty much tell that the mortar pit will have significantly reduced range, and that brace will be dramatically nerfed. This is because the following lazy long-range counters have been nerfed to OST level:
- ISG range has been dramatically reduced
- Walking stuka is no longer

Bug report

-The KV-2 in siege mode lost the particularity to shot automatically through shot blocker (The bug appears only since EFA 1.8)

-The Stug E can now shot automatically though shot blocker (not sure if this change is intentional or not because you modified the QoL of the projectile, but in my opinion it's fine and it can stay like this)

OK. I see the issue now. When restricting the vertical boundaries for the gun, we might have made KV2 a bit too narrow. This means it can't fire shots as high up as before.
27 Jun 2017, 10:11 AM

Not sure about 222's planting riegels. 222 is already a default build choice for OH, this commander ability risks pushing the halftrack even futher out as a choice during gameplay.

I.e. this makes halftrack even more unattractive?

On the other hand, mine-laying 222 is definitely attractive.
27 Jun 2017, 10:14 AM

Please, don't start a pissing contest. Thank you.

Rich, coming from the guy who claimed that changes would make OKW worthless.
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 46
Germany 754
Netherlands 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %