Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
17 Jun 2017, 18:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lets see, I have owned and played this game since its release day in 2013. I have lived through the periods of no patch for 6 months when the game was totally broken. I can bet quite safely on the patch frequency of Relic. It will take at least 3 to 4 months for a follow up patch to get released, at the least that is.

And then you remember they said Winter balance patch around end of November, for it to be released on end of March (Spring).
That thing had already been co-worked with Relic from the beginning and still took 6 months from the initial setup in order for it to be released.

If Relics decides to inspire themselves and only use parts of this mods or others, then it's their own problem, not the modders themselves.
Unless you have some secret source, we don't know Relic's plans for the CoH franchise. I don't expect a patch from them unless they say they are actively working with someone from the community.
17 Jun 2017, 18:38 PM

They removed blizzards because they are stupid and those were a core part of the game. FRPs are just as stupid and degrade gameplay, so why not remove them?

FRP is stupid ?!! this is very good ability from coh1 and can save time for all players.
17 Jun 2017, 19:39 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

INCONSISTENCIES
-OKW Spawn LeIG in T2 and Spawn OBERS in preT4. Should be in points of started off the map.
-OKW Sturmpioneers Smokenade. Remove the improvement of resistance to cold?
-OKW Sturmpioneers. Flames of penals and riflemen have been removed. I think if SP are similar to penals should be eliminated flamer. Or review.
-OKW Trucks. It is a bit strange that at the removeFHQ all the techs building out the sector base. I think at least T1 should be built inside the sector base.
-OKW Artyflare. Although has risen to 90MU. The use of this ability is 40 seconds occupies in its use, therefore the rest of 60s are 20s to cooldown. Something really strange to be only 20 seconds of cooldown and very spammable.
-OKW free flares. 'Early Warnnings' ability, I think it should have some cost or work differently.
-OKW Assault Artillery and Concentration Barrage BRITS can be launched in FOW.
-OKW Goliath demo, camo and mobile and only cost 70?
-OKW Forward Receivers. Should work differently if FRP is removed.
-OKW Emergency Crew Repairs (No longer inflicts a munitions-income penalty on the player). Which is the reason because not implemented this in SOV?
-OKW HTinfrared. I think I should work differently, because in this way no one would spend munition on recon or flares.

SUGGESTIONS
-Started unit Kubel. It is very well; Eng, Pio, Kubel, Echelon, medicBRIT (buff/improvement a bit in combat).
-Rush Panzer II,Stuart,AEC. They come before than EFA. There is a difference of a tech less (50FU)

I think should move Lunch, Puma to preT4 together to OBERS
-OKW Early-game is STRONG. US/OKW have many units in T0 as a pair to make another Tech and that have more varied to present strategies.

IMO with the smoke grenade the OKW faction have everythinks and entery strategies in T0.
And with the smoke grenade is a super faction
The worst thing is that they are two units together like Volks and SP.No factions have this issue.
Also together have a unit with smoke grenade and an MG/ATgun

I suggest move units in Techs and costs similar to EFA; T1 (25FU) and T2 (30FU) PreT4(80MU) PostT4 (90MU), somewhat similar to EFA factions. This problem will come to USF
17 Jun 2017, 21:25 PM

why all new changes for okw is almost nerf, what is this Allies bias or zionist lobby ?

Well if you cherry pick that way sure, it looks bad. You didn't list any of the positive changes to the units in question or the faction as a whole either. Let's go through here:
Most of the pops you listed were too low and changed for good reason. Mg34 4 pop (seriously?), pfusies 6 pop (rifles are 7, 4 man grens are 6, pathfinders are like 9, tommies are 7 I think), sturm tiger was 18 (same pop as one comet), same deal with command panther, which has mark target and an aura, falls have fg42s and camo and were only 8 pop (lower than pathfinders IIRC), kt was barely more pop than a comet but also the only nondoctrinal heavy, p4 had more health and armor than most mediums, basically making it an advanced medium like an easy 8 or m4c, which is probably why that was increased. Stuka health nerf brings it in line with othe rocket arty (except calliope, I don't even know what the deal is with that) Call in prices were increased without proper tech for all factions changed so far, it's not an okw only change. I'm pretty sure they're also removing all other FRPs, so same deal there.
nee
17 Jun 2017, 22:53 PM

Why is this called EFA revamp when its really just nerfing WFA to their level?
18 Jun 2017, 01:12 AM

Well, now I understand why there is a "scope" from Relic. If this mountain of changes were to show up all of a sudden in the production game it would be insane.

Please don't homogenize the game, it makes it less fun.

I think we all appreciate the work and respect Relic's ability to farm out their official responsibilities to free work from the community, but damn...

Edit: I am impressed from a logistical stand point, how you manage to so accurately and clearly keep track of so many changes and present them in a way that is easy to understand.
18 Jun 2017, 05:50 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I'll leave this question here: if FRP were to return/stay for whatever reason, how should it work?
18 Jun 2017, 06:14 AM

Okw changes seem ambitious but interesting. Flame hetzer. Buffed? Not sure why. Will test out wrecking at crews with it!
18 Jun 2017, 06:36 AM

I'll leave this question here: if FRP were to return/stay for whatever reason, how should it work?

1. Remove healing
2. Remove reinforcement
3. Add weapon racks to structures
4. Let built units spawn from it

This makes it a more aggressive frp that requires third party reinforce and heal support.
18 Jun 2017, 06:42 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I have posted in other topic this:

1.-FHQ For the five factions.
2.-FHQ Unlock in T4 for 1 ultra/light vehicle, maybe with 200MP 50FU.
This way there was a use for Kubel/UC in last game.

3.-FHQ Only until 60 meters.
18 Jun 2017, 06:43 AM

1. Remove healing
2. Remove reinforcement

This makes it a more aggressive frp that requires third party reinforce and heal support.

So the usf major plus weapon racks. Okw and brits also don't have nondoc "third party reinforce" options and okw doesn't have any weapon racks, and I don't know how you would give major weapon racks.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2017, 06:42 AMcapiqua
I have posted in other topic this:

1.-FHQ For the five factions.
2.-FHQ Unlock in T4 for 1 ultra/light vehicle, maybe with 200MP 50FU.
This way there was a use for Kubel/UC in last game.

3.-FHQ Only until 60 meters.

So you can only retreat to the FRP if the squad is within 60m of it? Might as well soft retreat and save 300 manpower if you're okw or brits, or just call it gg if they're that close but you need to retreat to it. Only meaningful use I could see is with the major since he can move and offer an easy way to break suppression, which is still OP IMO (captain on me! is different).
Edit: I guess if they were all light vehicles they could be used in the fashion I described of the major, but hen they'd probably get sniped by TDs way too easily, and it's still my opinion that they should just be removed.
18 Jun 2017, 07:02 AM

There are many ways to make this work, but it should consist of some kind opportunity cost.

For example you could make it a time/muni based ability, like For mother russia, where you activate it before an assault, it lasts for 60 secs and then has 3 min cooldown.

Or maybe units that retreat to frp attract a higher reinforce cost or longer reinforce time.

Or make it similar to tiger ace where there is a reduced manpower income for say 10min.

Or add a fuel cost.

Capiqua's idea of a radius is also good.

Disclaimer : I do not own okw or brits and haven't played usf in 12 months and also only play 1v1 so I rarely see any one use this ability. So i have no bias towards this ability, but removing game mechanics because they conflict with certain ideologies without trying to balance them seems extremely short sighted.
18 Jun 2017, 07:08 AM

Capiqua´s option is a really good one. However, I don´t want them to stay at all haha.
18 Jun 2017, 07:49 AM

Add doc FRP to wehrmacht and soviet and increase (just a bit) reinforce time for FRP
18 Jun 2017, 07:50 AM

and where is nerfs for usf and ukf ?
18 Jun 2017, 08:23 AM

About the ram.

Suggestions:
- against wheel vehicle and half-track, T-34 take minimum damage, no crits, target destroyed;
- against light tanks and TD, T-34 take minimum damage, light engine damage, target tank heavily damaged and stuned;
- against medium tanks and TD, T-34 take average damage, stuned + random crits, same for target tank;
- against heavy tanks and TD (including Panther), T-34 take heavily damage, stuned + random crits, target tank low damaged, stuned and light engine damage.
- remove engine overheating.
18 Jun 2017, 08:26 AM
Patrion 14

i've been thinking about it for a while... just to have a compromise position... but i cant find any...

just ask yourself, balance modders, how much is 30-60+ sec off every retreat worth?... that requires no particular micro and can use hard retreat? How much of an opportunity cost is enough?

in that sense i guess capiqua's suggestion of 60 metre limit from the base is best but why not just remove it.
18 Jun 2017, 08:39 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2017, 08:23 AMTAKTCOM
About the ram.

Suggestions:
- against wheel vehicle and half-track, T-34 take minimum damage, no crits, target destroyed;
- against light tanks and TD, T-34 take minimum damage, light engine damage, target tank heavily damaged and stuned;
- against medium tanks and TD, T-34 take average damage, stuned + random crits, same for target tank;
- against heavy tanks and TD (including Panther), T-34 take heavily damage, stuned + random crits, target tank low damaged, stuned and light engine damage.
- remove engine overheating.

With this changes ram will become really usefull abillity, which worth to be used. I like it
nee
18 Jun 2017, 08:42 AM

For which faction? Because you know, three of them have it, and they're hardly so similar we can make such a generalized statement.

If to be on topic, add it to EFA?

1. Remove healing
2. Remove reinforcement

This only suits USF and USF already has this limitaiton.
For OKW healing is fine since Sturmponiers can already drop medkits at vet0, and don't have weapon racks. I think ISG should NOT spawn from T2.

Maybe replace medics with ability to reinforce? That way you'd need both upgrades for T2 to be a useful FRP; without either, its effectiveness is greatly impeded: do you want option to retreat or option to reinforce? OKW has no halftrack so removing reinforcement is actually pointless.

Same goes for UKF; Forward Assembly already allows reinforcement, maybe requires upgrade with or alongside FRP upgrade? Infantry Sections can heal so it's not applicable. Weapon Racks probably should be another upgrade rather than removed altogether; maybe even make it so you have to upgrade to either Bren or PIAT but not both in one FA? A smart player will simply try to economize by one FA with Bren and leaving PIATs for base, rather than build two FAs just to accomodate.

EFA are fine with a limited FRP, Ost would need three bunkers for FRP, medics and reinforcement, a hefty MP investment but option is stil there; most would likely prefer supplementing with halftrack and healing from squads. Soviets can upgrade FRP via caches since they have no build-able field structures.

The problem with FRP for western factions is that they're not expensive, and come with large and inexpensive squads suitable for blobbing. You can simply up the cost and time for FRP and you can greatly nerf the ability to rely on them early and throughout a match. FRP should be a tactic that once chosen the player is heavily reliant on to work.

For the CoH1 fans out there the FRP feature could also just be a separate ability with a long cooldown, so if you blob and retreat, you not only need to make sure you press the right key, but also bear in mind that it has a long cooldown so you can't just run back and forth between FRP and a fight.
I also thought of an active ability for the FRP itself but I don't know if that could work or prove too technically cumbersome.

I would just add it to EFA since the biggest disparity is that WFA has both FRP and larger, stronger combat squads at 5-men each; but whereas Ostheer can just go MG42s, Soviets eed to build at least one building to get either a squad or support weapon.
In other words if Volks and Riflemen were 4-man squads the problem would likely be far less prevalent.
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
unknown 39
Germany 15
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W