Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
16 Jun 2017, 18:07 PM

So OKW Panther has 160 damage while Wehr Panther has 200? Not very consistent, and I thought constistency was to be enhanced.
16 Jun 2017, 18:11 PM

So OKW Panther has 160 damage while Wehr Panther has 200? Not very consistent, and I thought constistency was to be enhanced.

OKW Panther has better accuracy and way better MGs in exchange for lower damage.
16 Jun 2017, 18:16 PM

You realize that the Soviet Union, all weapons must be bought, all the troops should cost 500 fuel and be only 1 commander?
16 Jun 2017, 18:47 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Let snippy

Good changes all around, especially the Panzer Commander (underpowered af pre patch).

The FRP removal worries me, but I can see why it's gone. I believe that until EFA gets a proper non doctrinal equivalent (which I hope it does eventually) I can see the merits of taking it out of the WFA factions altogether.

It also worries me that Sturms as a starting unit are still armed with 4x StG. I think trading two of them for some form of MP40s would keep the close range flavor and reduce their overperformance at mid range. Sturms seem to have been a big thorn in the early game to deal with for some time now, and it'll be nice to see something done about that.
16 Jun 2017, 18:56 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2017, 18:47 PMKasarov

Good changes all around, especially the Panzer Commander (underpowered af pre patch).

The FRP removal worries me, but I can see why it's gone. I believe that until EFA gets a proper non doctrinal equivalent (which I hope it does eventually) I can see the merits of taking it out of the WFA factions altogether.

It also worries me that Sturms as a starting unit are still armed with 4x StG. I think trading two of them for some form of MP40s would keep the close range flavor and reduce their overperformance at mid range. Sturms seem to have been a big thorn in the early game to deal with for some time now, and it'll be nice to see something done about that.

Missing notes:

-Kubel is now OKW's starting unit.
-Incendiary grenades now have a 0.375 fuse
16 Jun 2017, 19:04 PM

EFA mod but it includes thousands of OKW/OST nerfs? How about calling it "let's destroy the axis factions and hence kill the already shrinking playerbase"?
16 Jun 2017, 19:15 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Missing notes:

Kubel as a starting unit is an interesting change! Will have to test this later ;) Also, I believe these assets (in spoiler) would be useful for the OKW rework for QoL and visual consistency. If you're into that.

16 Jun 2017, 19:55 PM

Missing notes:

I am pleased.

16 Jun 2017, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2017, 18:47 PMKasarov

Wait frps were removed? Missed that in the notes. Finally!
16 Jun 2017, 20:20 PM
Patrion 14

great okw changes.
16 Jun 2017, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2017, 20:20 PMpigsoup
great okw changes.

Where are the full okw changes? I can't seem to find them.
16 Jun 2017, 20:51 PM

Wait frps were removed? Missed that in the notes. Finally!

Only the Med HQ was removed.
16 Jun 2017, 20:52 PM

Only the Med HQ was removed.

Eventually all will be removed. However, we haven't done USF and Brits yet.
16 Jun 2017, 20:56 PM

Ok. Still, great that you guys decided to do this.
16 Jun 2017, 21:03 PM

RIP Ambulance + Major.
16 Jun 2017, 21:52 PM

RIP Ambulance + Major.

I wonder if major will still be able to lock down points. Very useful on maps with wacky vp sectors like langreskaya and that one 2v2 map called something fields. Won a game recently because they never figured out why they couldn't cap the mid vp lol.
16 Jun 2017, 21:52 PM

Great to see those OKW changes. Need to test them out and see how they play now.

Also, could it be possible just to give the Sturmpioneers MP40s since their MP44 are functionally close range smgs. Always could do with more MP40s.
16 Jun 2017, 22:13 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Great to see those OKW changes. Need to test them out and see how they play now.

Also, could it be possible just to give the Sturmpioneers MP40s since their MP44 are functionally close range smgs. Always could do with more MP40s.

The Sturm's StG profile shows it has a much better far accuracy than any of the other non-StG SMGs, so there is a difference there functionally. It's just that they are best at close range (which could be said with almost all CoH2 weapons) regardless of them being able to hold their own at mid range.

It should also be noted that they are no longer the starting unit for OKW, so there is now a much smaller need to replace their weapons.
16 Jun 2017, 23:38 PM

wow, the kubel had 4 points of armor? Now I know why it bounced 70% of my shots
16 Jun 2017, 23:40 PM

Why have bundle grenades been nerfed but penal satchels been left unchanged. I am not advocating any grenades/satchels should destroy buildings, rather the opposite. But penal special snowflake status is getting boring.

Countering penals takes far more micro as ostheer than necessary, mainly in that if you get distracted or misclick or are slightly slow on reacting then your squads can be wiped. A soviet player on the other hand basically only has to avoid mgs and not loose his cut off, because they will win every other engagement.

Penals are still braindead troll build, where abilities/upgrades require no tech, just do it when necessary cause its cheap and soviets swim in munis.

I find it hypocritical that so many other abilities have been nerfed ( mostly for the better ) but penals just remain somehow separate just because they are more expensive and require t1 ( like ostheer ). I would far prefer that sov t1 is built quicker or penals are built quicker or cost less and be less bs.

Edit : Or make penals more expensive but t1 cheaper so that the sov player can only build one or two.

It just seems that the mod team is soviet favoured to me, on this issue at least.
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS