Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
13 Jun 2017, 19:29 PM

I don't like the reduction of grenades to buildings. I hope it isn't a massive reduction as garrison play is painful, and having buildings stand all game would be lame. What's wrong with a bundle crushing a house?

Also elaborating on the load time, max load time, etc parameters as to what they actually do would be nice. And add the update notes to the original post ;) Thanks boys. Love your work

It can take an upwards of 3 seconds to evacuate a building with the new changes (very close to the release-date default, but still lower). Therefore it would be kinda lame if bundle nades could take a building down together with the garrison during that time.

By fixing load/unload times, garrison hopping becomes impossible, mortar counterplay vs garrisons becomes possible (now that you can't dodge every single shell). Therefore, garrisons become less cancerous; like they ought to be.
13 Jun 2017, 19:41 PM
Patrion 14

V1.6

Garrisons
We have further adjusted the time it takes to degarrison and enter structures to reduce the ability to 'dance' in and out of buildings that allowed players to dodge grenades, even if they were tossed as the squad was preparing to enter the garrison. Grenades across the board have been changed however to deal less damage to structures to prevent cases where a single bundle could cripple an entire house.

-Grenade damage against buildings significantly lowered
-Load time for buildings futher increased to 1 (per model)
-Max load time further increased to 3.25 (entire squad)
-Unload time for buildings further increased to 0.5 (per model)

I like many of the changes but especially this one, is unnecessary and completely anti skill. To "dance" in and out at just the right moment is a sign of skill and superior micro. Putting a tax on entering/exiting a building penalises a skilled player who is able to dodge nades and mortars and keep track of the rest of the map. Just to clarify I'm not one of those skilled players, but I do think that if someone is able to pull it off, they should not be artificially hindered.

I also noticed that with the new change it takes a lot longer to gain control over the squad and retreat it in a situation that requires it since entities exit after each other (staggered) and only after the last has exited the building one regains control to retreat them for example. This can lead to situations where the squad gets killed because it took several seconds too long to regain control of the squad.

Potential bug:

I tested the mod a bit against the ai and noticed that now captured okw team weapons can reach lvl 5 for soviets (haven't tested with other allies). I haven't had time to test in a custom game if the bug also exists there or if it is exclusive to ai matches.
14 Jun 2017, 02:47 AM

snip

The issue comes dancing in and out of buildings constantly to stall out the other player and is frustrating to play against. I'd rather have it like this and get rid of garrison abuse then this hope in and out non-sense currently. Grenades are meant to be a soft counter after all and mortars should punish a player staying inside a building then hoping in and out which isn't as hard given the delay between mortar shells landing even during barrages. Now hopefully it can be fixed of the squad leaving the building and regaining control but this can punish someone who miscalculated waiting too long in building.
14 Jun 2017, 06:05 AM

hmmm....i think you must a sovjet fanboy.

a good player managed in cgs to build ghostbags in front of the house, and the sovjet unit wipes cause of it...u change it.

a good ost player manage to kill a sov sniper with a skill double shot (it is nearly only luck to kill a sov sniper with other options....222 has a maulus vs snipers (lol)) and..u change it..

rng?
14 Jun 2017, 06:54 AM

To those people who thought dancing in and out of buildings "skill", just ONE squad can rush your garrison cutoff, stall the cap and require MORE squads from you to push them off. Oh I'm taking too much fire? Exit and enter repeatedly. Grenades? Exit and reenter making him waste muni. Flamers? Exit right in front of them, murder them and go back in. It's ridiculous how much time you can stall with just ONE squad and causing your opponent to pour a lot of squads just to force you off.
14 Jun 2017, 17:34 PM

Thanks for the hard work on keeping the game fresh guys!

One question though, won't the removal of the trench cost to the brits make the trench spammable, since it doens't rely on doctrine for the british and make them invincible with their cover bonus?
14 Jun 2017, 18:26 PM

It can take an upwards of 3 seconds to evacuate a building with the new changes (very close to the release-date default, but still lower). Therefore it would be kinda lame if bundle nades could take a building down together with the garrison during that time.

By fixing load/unload times, garrison hopping becomes impossible, mortar counterplay vs garrisons becomes possible (now that you can't dodge every single shell). Therefore, garrisons become less cancerous; like they ought to be.

Given these Garrison changes would you consider eventually changing the Volks Incendiary Grenade back to their old stick grenade when you do WFA? This change was, IIRC, primarily a fix to help a then struggling OKW vs. garrisons but now it's used as quick cover denial and gives OKW an advantage in many situations.
14 Jun 2017, 22:28 PM

give pzgrens smoke instead of bundle nade + limited repair ability

id also swap stug 4 and doctrinal stug 3 then lock behind side tech so ost gets a non doctrinal option for cheap armor and midgame aggression while MA gets a beefy TD to support its tiger.

played a comp stomp with the mod and ost doesnt seem any more flexible, its still form a wall and hold out kind of gameplay. just throwing out ideas.
15 Jun 2017, 06:28 AM

About shock troops, I find it funny in the current version of the game they cost 32 manpower each however, if you reinforce 2 squads it costs 65 manpower. So they cost 32.5 manpower?

More relevant to the mod, smoke grenade receives a cool down at vet 1 and 2? I test this and at vet 2 by the time the grenade hits the ground its already just on a nine second cool-down (at furthest range).

I would not mind if the smoke grenade bonus was outright removed because this can probably be quite frustrating against mgs and just give them instead slightly more revived accuracy at vet 2 (I feel 17% is incredibly low even if they do have armor)?

15 Jun 2017, 11:30 AM
Donator 22

I would not mind if the smoke grenade bonus was outright removed because this can probably be quite frustrating against mgs and just give them instead slightly more revived accuracy at vet 2 (I feel 17% is incredibly low even if they do have armor)?

Did you play some games with the mod? Because if you did, you would know, that you already need your whole army to stop shocks. They can run up to everything and wipe or force retreats.
It's always better, instead of listening to your feelings to test it in an actual match.
15 Jun 2017, 12:49 PM

Did you play some games with the mod? Because if you did, you would know, that you already need your whole army to stop shocks. They can run up to everything and wipe or force retreats.
It's always better, instead of listening to your feelings to test it in an actual match.

Probably just my experience using them against OKW which is more likely the case.

However, saying I have not played the mod is not true. Shocks smoke grenades after use are on a 9 second recharge at vet 2.

Edit: I pointed out the funny turret angle the ISU did when firing concrete rounds in HE mode and having 20pop instead of 23 (same with elefant). Those were fixed.

15 Jun 2017, 13:53 PM

Was just checking out stats and molotov in live only has a 15 range throwing distance, yet all other nades including okw flame nade (minus rifle nade) are at 20 range. Something small that could help them since the throwing improvements don't come till vet 2 and range increase is no longer in at vet 2. Think it was some change they made back when just soviets and ost and the mg42 was weak or something and just never got changed back.
15 Jun 2017, 19:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2017, 13:53 PMCon!
Was just checking out stats and molotov in live only has a 15 range throwing distance, yet all other nades including okw flame nade (minus rifle nade) are at 20 range. Something small that could help them since the throwing improvements don't come till vet 2 and range increase is no longer in at vet 2. Think it was some change they made back when just soviets and ost and the mg42 was weak or something and just never got changed back.

i agree
15 Jun 2017, 20:19 PM

I still think Ostheer sniper's HP is too high...
nee
16 Jun 2017, 04:58 AM

But it is free as it comes out for the first time
i see what you did there!
16 Jun 2017, 07:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2017, 17:34 PMFrancis
Thanks for the hard work on keeping the game fresh guys!

One question though, won't the removal of the trench cost to the brits make the trench spammable, since it doens't rely on doctrine for the british and make them invincible with their cover bonus?

+1
16 Jun 2017, 15:22 PM

I still think Ostheer sniper's HP is too high...

Change target size if anything or else he'll get 1 hit by mortars like the soviets.
16 Jun 2017, 17:36 PM

The latest changes to the mod bring the following changes to EFA:

Shock troops
- Removed smoke recharge bonus from Vet2
- Improved smoke recharge bonus at Vet1 to the old Vet2 (from -33% to -40%

IS-2
- Capture points at Vet1 replaced with fragmentation shot; this is an inaccurate shot that can target ground and works like a canister shot ability

Artillery officer
- Population cap further reduced to 6

The latest version of the mod also brings the following changes to the OKW faction

OKW changes
16 Jun 2017, 17:49 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I'll read more later and give my feedback. Great job as always :clap:
16 Jun 2017, 17:50 PM

The OKW changes are beautiful. No more FRP means no more OKW blob of doom that instantly retreats to come back at full strength a few seconds later?
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS