Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
21 Jun 2017, 16:15 PM

The unit should have some role and use. Right now Conscripts are just bleeding your MP and loosing every single mid- or late-game engagement unless they outnumber their opponents 3:1. I do agree that STG Volks and LMG Grens should beat them overall but just leaving Cons as they are is surely no option right? Maybe make the PPSH upgrade non-doctrinal and replace the doctrinal PPSH with something better? Like the Guards LMGs?

conscripts vs Grenadier are fine live. (again a bit faster molotov) Ostheer bleed more than Soviets

Conscripts vs V.G. is bad but that is problem with V.G.s and not conscripts.

If conscripts need need buff they should come via making buildings so that one would have to choose between relying om call-in or stock units.

For instance the first building could give you x1.02 accuracy second another x1.02 third x1.04 fourth x1.06 (for a total of around 1.15 accuracy).
21 Jun 2017, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2017, 16:15 PMVipper

conscripts vs Grenadier are fine live. (again a bit faster molotov) Ostheer bleed more than Soviets

Conscripts vs V.G. is bad but that is problem with V.G.s and not conscripts.

If conscripts need need buff they should come via making buildings so that one would have to choose between relying om call-in or stock units.

For instance the first building could give you x1.02 accuracy second another x1.02 third x1.04 fourth x1.06 (for a total of around 1.15 accuracy).

I really am against any idea of building providing buffs once built for units, for casual players this would be way way way out of touch to them.

Hell, I'm even slightly against the new call in 'premium' system. I would say makes sense with Sovs just because their heavies because one would assume they would become cheaper at tier4. With ostheer, it really looks like a headache with the variety of options in conjunction to call in vehicles.

In a nutshell, just because making the game more complex and interesting for higher skilled players (or those who are constantly on the forums) may not be beneficial or find themselves lost to those who are not as skilled or who are causal (which make up majority of players).
21 Jun 2017, 17:32 PM

In a nutshell, just because making the game more complex and interesting for higher skilled players (or those who are constantly on the forums) may not be beneficial or find themselves lost to those who are not as skilled or who are causal (which make up majority of players).

Well conscript are fine at the start of the game they have some issues facing late, vetted elite infantry. Buffing them will not solve the issues because they will dominate early game the same way Penals do.

If they they need a buff it should be at late game. The simplest solution is to tied to tech.

Or, as I suggested before, they should become more specialized either in attack or defense.
21 Jun 2017, 22:06 PM

I really am against any idea of building providing buffs once built for units, for casual players this would be way way way out of touch to them.

Fucking well said mate!
Very few of the regulars take a step outside their own skin and think about everyday Joe

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2017, 17:32 PMVipper

Well conscript are fine at the start of the game they have some issues facing late, vetted elite infantry. Buffing them will not solve the issues because they will dominate early game the same way Penals do.

If they they need a buff it should be at late game. The simplest solution is to tied to tech.

Cons don't need a buff... They are there to "replace those who've had an untimely end"

22 Jun 2017, 06:51 AM

I have a question for M.Smith, are you sure Relic will allow them to remove FRP?

Do you know what scope Relic is agreeing on to be modify?

If I found the concept of using a mod to test different balance changes interesting at the beginning. I have the impression this is going a bit too far actually.
I don't think Relic wants you to change so many basics in order to achieve a balance patch. But I maybe wrong so I ask the question.

As far as I see the game today, it is quite balance in 1vs1 and not so in teamgame. The reason is a superior synergy between OKW and Ostheer and a evident superior late game over Allied factions.

So now to continue to improve the balance, the topics are:
Balancing Soviet is about finding a solution about Penal/dushka Cons/Maxim.
Balacing Ostheer is about reducing their late game advantage now that they are not so weak early game. This mainly concerns 1-2 units and 1-2 abilities.
Balancing OKW is about tweaking their early game advantage and also reducing their late game advantage. 1-2 units early game and 1-2 units/abilities late game.
Balanceing USF is about other factions tweaks, when OKW early game will be more balance and Ostheer late game as well, the faction would probably be balanced in 1vs1 and teamgame or requiring minor changes.
Balancing Brit = dunno not expert.

And all of this doesn't require so much changes in my opinion but require a lot of testing. . I'm sure it will not be effective before 3-4 patchs to find the perfect balance between units and factions.

What I am afraid of the way you are managing your mod is that Relic forbid you to touch some balance pilars of your patch such as the FRP and then make all your work useless.
22 Jun 2017, 07:16 AM

The notes are incorrect. Accuracy is still (to offset damage change):
- Accuracy from 0.541/0.495/0.334 to 0.9086803/0.7918258/0.6678531

Thanks to Vipper for claiming that cons are still SO GREAT tho lol
22 Jun 2017, 08:32 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2017, 06:51 AMEsxile
I have a question for M.Smith, are you sure Relic will allow them to remove FRP?

Do you know what scope Relic is agreeing on to be modify?

What this mod allows us to do is test changes that we have in mind and if needed, heavily modify or cut things out should it turn out to be a bad idea, busted, or in need of tuning. We do not need to keep all the files, but the mod would give of a list of ideal changes that could fit within a scope given by Relic and lays out the ground work of changes that would have some measure of testing by community members. That along with whatever we've taken from the GCS games would allow us to have something pre-prepared rather than scrambling and debating to figure out what changes should be placed.
22 Jun 2017, 11:35 AM

Thanks to Vipper for claiming that cons are still SO GREAT tho lol

Better learn to read and understand what others write before commending on their Posts.

In the mod Conscripts are far more cost efficient than grenadier although they cost the same and grenadiers have a tech cost. Grenadier become better only after one researches BP and buys them LMGs.

As also as pointed out by Strummingbird team weapons re-crewed by conscript are too powerful while they cost very little to reinforce.
22 Jun 2017, 12:13 PM

I heard this revamp was gonna applied to core game? i guess that was a lie and this is a mod? I hoped for a moment the terrible relic team gave up on balancing but apparently no
22 Jun 2017, 14:59 PM

What this mod allows us to do is test changes that we have in mind and if needed, heavily modify or cut things out should it turn out to be a bad idea, busted, or in need of tuning. We do not need to keep all the files, but the mod would give of a list of ideal changes that could fit within a scope given by Relic and lays out the ground work of changes that would have some measure of testing by community members. That along with whatever we've taken from the GCS games would allow us to have something pre-prepared rather than scrambling and debating to figure out what changes should be placed.

I think ya'll need to be very clear with what is happening with this mod, Relic, and future patches.

Ya'll have enjoyed an incredible privilege with the state of this game. If ya'll are intending to use this as a platform for making a patch, that should probably be made clear.

I say this because that whole 'scrambling and debating to figure out what changes should be placed' is the component where the community is involved.

I have no problem with building interesting mods and testing what can be done with this game. But if you're using this so that you have a polished product to give Relic when and/or if they decide to let another patch happen, then it sounds like you won't have much need to interact with the community at that point. You'll already have something YOU are happy with, and I'm afraid that is all that will matter.
22 Jun 2017, 15:11 PM

I think ya'll need to be very clear with what is happening with this mod, Relic, and future patches.

Ya'll have enjoyed an incredible privilege with the state of this game. If ya'll are intending to use this as a platform for making a patch, that should probably be made clear.

I say this because that whole 'scrambling and debating to figure out what changes should be placed' is the component where the community is involved.

I have no problem with building interesting mods and testing what can be done with this game. But if you're using this so that you have a polished product to give Relic when and/or if they decide to let another patch happen, then it sounds like you won't have much need to interact with the community at that point. You'll already have something YOU are happy with, and I'm afraid that is all that will matter.

What a long way to say "I dun liek ur mod"
22 Jun 2017, 15:51 PM

What a long way to say "I dun liek ur mod"

I've liked 80% of the last few patches consisting of 100% of the QoL and bug fixes.

It's just my perspective that faction and design changes in the last few community balance patches haven't really fixed the issues that have existed in this game since beta. Namely: Maps and how they are made. Editing units and abilities can only go so far.
22 Jun 2017, 17:54 PM
Patrion 14

aggregated patch notes on OP seems clear.
22 Jun 2017, 18:11 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Kyle answer
Currently any balance mods that Mr. Smith, Miragefla or GGTheMachine are working on are not part of a planned or future balance patch for COH2. They are currently working on community balance mods out of their own interest and the changes in said mods are not intended for the live game (automatch).

When the time comes to work with the community on curated balance changes once again, there will be a clear distinction and communication coming from Relic around the initiative (i.e. the Winter Balance Preview).

Source
22 Jun 2017, 18:12 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2017, 18:11 PMcapiqua
Kyle answer
Currently any balance mods that Mr. Smith, Miragefla or GGTheMachine are working on are not part of a planned or future balance patch for COH2. They are currently working on community balance mods out of their own interest and the changes in said mods are not intended for the live game (automatch).

When the time comes to work with the community on curated balance changes once again, there will be a clear distinction and communication coming from Relic around the initiative (i.e. the Winter Balance Preview).

Source

Yes I also got the message. I thought it was initially clear that it was a side project with no backing, but I will update the OP.
22 Jun 2017, 18:21 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

:*( Guys... tomorrow promote EFA mod to relic devs

Pro/AM Tournament Guys: (DevM, HelpingHans, Luvnest, Stormless, Vonlvan and | GB | The Hooligan)
22 Jun 2017, 19:16 PM

Kyle answer

Source

Good news, I wonder how long Conscripts + T2 (Maxim, Mortar) plus all the Soviet Heavy Tanks will continue to suck? Only the appearance of feeling that the business has moved from a dead point, but ....
22 Jun 2017, 21:20 PM

Good news, I wonder how long Conscripts + T2 (Maxim, Mortar) plus all the Soviet Heavy Tanks will continue to suck? Only the appearance of feeling that the business has moved from a dead point, but ....

Or we could all just play the mod.
22 Jun 2017, 21:38 PM

Kyle answer

Source

Great news.
23 Jun 2017, 00:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2017, 06:51 AMEsxile
I have a question for M.Smith,
Balancing Brit = dunno not expert.

Just delete them from the game. It'll be much easier for all.

I think ya'll
Ya'll have
If ya'll
You'll

Lul, Americans and their funny English.

Kyle answer

I had a feeling this was the case, but it's good to hear/reinforce from the official channels
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 33
Peru 8
United States 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L