Login

russian armor

faction mixing

20 May 2017, 01:16 AM

I have played nothing but 1v1 automatch for years because of faction mixing in team games, I know some people like the concept and thats cool, I simply cant live with it and I have tried, it doesn't only ruin the games as far as immersion is concerned it also skews balance, isnt there a way that faction mixing could be a tick box option selected by the guy hosting the game, this issue totally breaks the enjoyment of team play for me and it seems simple to have just had it as an option.
20 May 2017, 02:01 AM

Not a large enough player base for that. Same reason they don't split up ATs and randoms
20 May 2017, 02:06 AM

I really don't see how mixed factions ruin team games...

If all I think the opposite is the problem (see OKW and brit teams)
20 May 2017, 02:34 AM

mixed is only for noobs if they like a ruined game let them like it don't join them and make ur own. I been trying to tell ppl forever how noob it is but I learned u cant keep noobs from what they love
20 May 2017, 03:17 AM

Just automatch then.
20 May 2017, 08:50 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Role players unite!
20 May 2017, 09:30 AM
Donator 11

alpha version had mixed teams, it was incredible boring and the game felt not dynamic at all when you got mirror matches.
20 May 2017, 15:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2017, 09:30 AMspajn
alpha version had mixed teams, it was incredible boring and the game felt not dynamic at all when you got mirror matches.

SU vs SU = resident sleeper

OH vs OH = let's see who can micro the sniper better or suffer less casualties from mortars.

I enjoyed the occasional OH vs OH.
20 May 2017, 16:21 PM

SU vs SU = resident sleeper

OH vs OH = let's see who can micro the sniper better or suffer less casualties from mortars.

I enjoyed the occasional OH vs OH.

OH vs OH won't last long. OH basically comes down to: make one mistake and lose. Game would be over in the blink of an eye lol.
20 May 2017, 17:35 PM

OH vs OH won't last long. OH basically comes down to: make one mistake and lose. Game would be over in the blink of an eye lol.

Not to mention that grw vs. mg42 would be ragey. That's basically what the usf mortar was.
21 May 2017, 02:06 AM

I just feel this is a historical game or at least throws a nod that way, faction mixing throws it into fiction to the extent you might as well be playing DOW, its just a pointless implementation and sort of ruins the fun WW2 feel for me, I dont even like the soviet western armies mix, but im never going to get away with that one :D .. maybe the player base may have been bigger with at least a tick box, my whole clan might have only been 20 players, but faction mixing lost the whole clan in a vote because we came from the game Blitzkrieg and all of them loved the history.
21 May 2017, 02:11 AM

Not a large enough player base for that. Same reason they don't split up ATs and randoms
in my humble opinion you don't help the player base by removing features from the game or implementing bad ones.
21 May 2017, 02:13 AM

Just automatch then.
that's what I do, I just would like to do a bit of team gaming that's all, I bought a game that I could do that, now I have a game that I cant, and for no particular reason, having mixed factions optional isnt a big deal to have available and people could still mix factions if they want to, since mixed factions was implemented team games declined quickly, that's possibly why.
21 May 2017, 02:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2017, 02:11 AMGenMe
in my humble opinion you don't help the player base by removing features from the game or implementing bad ones.

More game modes ---> longer search times ---> less players

Adding more features this late in the game won't bring more players in
22 May 2017, 11:29 AM

More game modes ---> longer search times ---> less players

Adding more features this late in the game won't bring more players in

I go into team games look at whats available and then leave, loads of bot matches or random mixed faction games with no one in them, I bet I'm not the only one looking for games that compliment my automatch experiences instead of playing a sort of totally different fictional version of Coh2, why would anyone play Coh2 if they don't actually like the game and want it to be something randomly different as well as a badly thought out version of it.
23 May 2017, 21:32 PM
Patrion 27

I would complain that Engineers repairing critical damage to tanks and structures simply by burning them with welding torches and Pak-40's being wheeled around by two men ruined my immersion but this is just a video game so I suspend my disbelief and have fun with it. To each their own.
24 May 2017, 04:04 AM

I would complain that Engineers repairing critical damage to tanks and structures simply by burning them with welding torches and Pak-40's being wheeled around by two men ruined my immersion but this is just a video game so I suspend my disbelief and have fun with it. To each their own.

Also USF superglue and snares causing engine damage even when they hit the front of the tank.
27 May 2017, 12:32 PM

when i played with plastic toy soldiers as a 9 year old kid I didn't faction mix, its not fun its boring, it simply makes the subject matter of the game irrelevant, just because its a video game doesn't mean you should crap all over the contents of it in my opinion, the Allied - Axis side of the game I think is the most fun thing about it, you can use your imagination with all the stuff you mentioned, faction mixing sort of eliminates your ability to do that.
27 May 2017, 13:21 PM
Patrion 310

Find a friend(s) and just play one allied faction. Queue automatch. Job Done?
13 Jun 2017, 14:05 PM

Find a friend(s) and just play one allied faction. Queue automatch. Job Done?

how does that solve anything, I'm talking about public games, automatch is what I already play, it takes forever to get a team game that way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 33
Peru 4
United States 2
South Africa 0
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L