Login

russian armor

why allies can't get a HGM that really can suppress?

19 May 2017, 09:36 AM

why Russian and UKF can't get a HGM that really can suppress some thing? HGM is design to suppress, seriously UKF or russian doesn't need a HGM has high dps, specially okw blob become a big issue since the new patch.
19 May 2017, 09:59 AM

If you expect single HMG can hold off more than two squads ... u are totally wrong .
19 May 2017, 10:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2017, 09:36 AMppsh41
why Russian and UKF can't get a HGM that really can suppress some thing? HGM is design to suppress, seriously UKF or russian doesn't need a HGM has high dps, specially okw blob become a big issue since the new patch.

Wtf....what is wrong with you?
19 May 2017, 10:07 AM

Every single allies HMG is totally fine.. dshk is even kinda broken.

The only exception imo is the maxim HMG (before it reached vet 2 at least). That thing has been too overnerfed in puncto supression, sometimes squads manage to just run straight at it and throw a grenade before the maxim can supress it.
19 May 2017, 10:28 AM

If you expect single HMG can hold off more than two squads ... u are totally wrong .

D SH K ?

I would prefer HMGs that suppres and damage infantry. Killing Models one by one.
19 May 2017, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2017, 09:36 AMppsh41
why UKF can't get a HGM that really can suppress some thing?

o_O
Just wow...

Last time i tried to push housed Vickers from 3 different direction with volks it just suppressed them far before they got near enought to nade it... MG42 stops and reloads after the second squad have been suppressed...
Definetently lets nerf it down to MG42 standard...

with Maxim i can somewhat understand your frustration. (haven't tested it much after nerfs) Feels like Mg34 afraid to touch it to make it shoot another unit because gunner usually goes full retard after that either starting to read operation manual on turning the damn thing into the wrong direction (because he didnt read the operation manual?)
19 May 2017, 12:33 PM
Donator 11

Maxim has a problem which is to be patched- it has a randomised aim time that means suppression is unpredictable
19 May 2017, 14:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2017, 10:35 AMJespe

o_O
Just wow...

Last time i tried to push housed Vickers from 3 different direction with volks it just suppressed them far before they got near enought to nade it... MG42 stops and reloads after the second squad have been suppressed...
Definetently lets nerf it down to MG42 standard...

with Maxim i can somewhat understand your frustration. (haven't tested it much after nerfs) Feels like Mg34 afraid to touch it to make it shoot another unit because gunner usually goes full retard after that either starting to read operation manual on turning the damn thing into the wrong direction (because he didnt read the operation manual?)

Naw vickers suppresses pretty slow. It's fine, but slow. Takes more than one full burst sometimes. Comparing it to an mg42 is pretty cheeky. It makes up for that in damage and ridiculous sniper range in garrisons.
19 May 2017, 15:08 PM

A vickers in a strategic house is one of the most deadly suppression platforms in the game. Range is atrocious, you get it to vet 2 (which isn't hard) your talking a murder machine.

Vickers in a building can switch sides pretty quickly too. So even a two squad flank is difficult. Out of any MGs in the game I'd prefer the vickers. Yea might not suppress as quickly at vet 0. But it does a great job
19 May 2017, 15:48 PM

Naw vickers suppresses pretty slow. It's fine, but slow. Takes more than one full burst sometimes.

Its not slow, "it lags" for some reason Suppression is'nt immediate. Last when i tested it on my lonesome against grens it was 1 shot switch target 1 shot switch target etc etc. By the time you hit second target the first is suppressed. (targets were in the open.)
It needs micro but ffs so does MG42 (You cant just shoot at a tank trap and trust that everything is suppressed in that general direction anymore).

Comparing it to an mg42 is pretty cheeky.

I think they are THE MGees rest are compared to them.

It makes up for that in damage and ridiculous sniper range in garrisons.

And also garrison eviction monopol until mortars arrive (not counting USF mortar )...

19 May 2017, 16:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Vickers in a building can switch sides pretty quickly too. So even a two squad flank is difficult. Out of any MGs in the game I'd prefer the vickers. Yea might not suppress as quickly at vet 0. But it does a great job

Did something change here? Don't all MG switch windows at the same speed?
19 May 2017, 17:27 PM

Wouldn't know how to answer that, but what I do know is that the vickers/maximum always started firing faster when window/side changed.
19 May 2017, 17:37 PM
Donator 11

Wouldn't know how to answer that, but what I do know is that the vickers/maximum always started firing faster when window/side changed.

As far as I remember the time needed to change windows is equal to reload time for all mgs. So yes, it does differ from one mg to another and no, the vickers is not faster at it than mg42. But it is still one of the best building mg thanks to the range.

19 May 2017, 17:57 PM

D SH K ?

I would prefer HMGs that suppres and damage infantry. Killing Models one by one.

i've smelt old MG-34

please dont bring us back to that broken game. but thanks god back in that days MG 34 still a non doctrine
19 May 2017, 18:34 PM

i've smelt old MG-34

please dont bring us back to that broken game. but thanks god back in that days MG 34 still a non doctrine

Easily one of the most useless post Iv seen to date
aaa
19 May 2017, 20:19 PM

big arc mgs should supress 1 unit only. To disallow camping and forcing support for mgs as opposed to no APM no skill use that is currently implemented. That would make them balanced with small arc mgs.

Plus death loop. Remove those units if it cant be fixed.
19 May 2017, 20:29 PM

Easily one of the most useless post Iv seen to date

Ok , no more joking around professor

Vicker are great as it is compare to any other allied HMG reasonable ark and suppression ,but i do agree about maxim need a little more suppression at least let it gain more by vet

talking about how hmg against blober. I'd think it is pretty much the same but when we decide to build a new MG to counter blob is about timing because non vet HMG will just become breakfast within a second against vet blob in mid or late game unless we set a proper position and have infantry nearby to draw more attention. yup we will have to bleed some manpower on our nearby infantry but that what it is suppose to be. any MG shouldn't set up and suppressed 3 or more squad immediately like it were before

Hell yes even MG-42 can't just A move again blober. but sadly many position are pretty hard to set an MG far away from approaching target ,therefoe it end up dying like a fly even it was vet HMG

It is just me or Maxim in occupied building can't suppressed volk even within 4-5 second ? while they doing fine outside the building
19 May 2017, 20:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As far as I remember the time needed to change windows is equal to reload time for all mgs. So yes, it does differ from one mg to another and no, the vickers is not faster at it than mg42. But it is still one of the best building mg thanks to the range.

From like +2 years ago:

team weapons which can be garrisoned within a building now share the same setup/re-position time of 4 seconds. This means a MG42 will take 4 seconds to switch windows and begin firing, as opposed to their old functionality which relied on their reload time. This creates more consistent behavior between team weapons and prevents some weapons from having delays as high as 6 or 7 seconds.

19 May 2017, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2017, 20:19 PMaaa
big arc mgs should supress 1 unit only. To disallow camping and forcing support for mgs as opposed to no APM no skill use that is currently implemented. That would make them balanced with small arc mgs.

Plus death loop. Remove those units if it cant be fixed.

#APRIL 25th UPDATE#
Maxims
* Arc of fire increased from 60 degrees to 90 degrees (other MGs have 90-120 degrees)

Mobility/Survivability changes:
* Maxim squad formation changed
* Rotation changed from 120 to 225
* Acceleration/Deceleration increased to infinite
* Removed cover-traversal penalties from the Maxim
19 May 2017, 22:39 PM

Yeah that's what I thought. I'm pretty sure the vickers doesn't lag in suppression either, it just suppresses slower.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★