Login

russian armor

COH2 Balance Is Trash

16 May 2017, 04:05 AM

I've periodically played this game and the original for probably 6 years and the screw job the devs have done to allies is absolutely appalling. Any Ally unit that was even remotely effective has been nerfed and the Axis operates with a massive handicap. Their abilities are overpowered, their tanks are overpowered, and their infantry is overpowered. The game is borderline unplayable. The devs apparently catered to every scrub Axis player who couldn't wait 5 minutes before steam rolling with tanks, so we got completely nerfed. Good job, losers.
Vaz
16 May 2017, 04:18 AM

yea, well the popular thing to say to that is when there is a tournament the good players always win their allied games.
16 May 2017, 04:52 AM

Correction, team games are trashed. Axis has a higher win percentage in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. The last patch decisively turned team games towards Axis.
16 May 2017, 05:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 04:52 AMGhostTX
Correction, team games are trashed. Axis has a higher win percentage in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. The last patch decisively turned team games towards Axis.

Team games have always been in Axis favor because the increase in resource thus fielding tanks and heavies faster. They dominate 3v3 and 4v4. It's not even comparable if the Axis players are semi-coherent.
16 May 2017, 05:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Till before WBP (which is basically since Brits were released), teamgames were dominated by allies.

After the last patch and since OKW wasn't on scope...well you have the current meta.
16 May 2017, 05:34 AM

Team games have always been in Axis favor because the increase in resource thus fielding tanks and heavies faster. They dominate 3v3 and 4v4. It's not even comparable if the Axis players are semi-coherent.

Before the WPB, the balance in team games was pretty good, but Soviets were badly OP in 1v1's, USF somewhat also.

In some ways, all of this goes back to Relic creating different numbers of tiers for different factions, and the call-in system. Had they stuck with the four buildable tier system, it would have been much easier to balance. Also, the doctrinal units that commanders give should have been buildable at the appropriate building.

16 May 2017, 10:03 AM

I don't have a great deal of time to play games these days. But Company of heroes is the one thing I still find time for. But because it is limited I have only ever had time to get good as one faction - the US army and I play with a friend that has similar time commitments - so he has always gone as brits. SO we are totally biased allies players. And... I think you are wrong, we're not even that great, but when we are playing well, then we will win against players of a similar level and put up a decent fight against much better ranked players. We felt the same way for ages... but we got better at the game and you start to see the cheap spammy kind of play coming and can counter it.
16 May 2017, 10:38 AM

Yea Axis is overperforming especially OKW, they just better than allies in everyway, maybe a urgent nerf is needed - most likely team games. i feel so dirty playing OKW since they are batshit OP beside from 1v1 due to the allies nerf make the game very frustrating to play against them.
P/S: And no i am not some allies fanboy, I am rank 2 in OKW 2v2
16 May 2017, 10:44 AM

some of you might want to look at the stats of GCS tournament for 1v1
aaa
16 May 2017, 11:55 AM

without games in which there was a significant skill difference like vonivan/jesulin's axis would win everithing.
Vonivan played devm's okw and lost likely every game out of 10+.

Game needs a pro community like in sc2 to see what needed to be fixed which is a lot.
16 May 2017, 22:59 PM
Donator 11

Problems with teamgames has always been shared resources from caches, i suggested this in alpha already that every player benefits from caches will be a problem in teamgames.
17 May 2017, 00:00 AM
Benefactor 355

So many expert opinions in dis thread #MVGame
17 May 2017, 02:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 04:05 AMTherran
I've periodically played this game and the original for probably 6 years and the screw job the devs have done to allies is absolutely appalling. Any Ally unit that was even remotely effective has been nerfed and the Axis operates with a massive handicap. Their abilities are overpowered, their tanks are overpowered, and their infantry is overpowered. The game is borderline unplayable. The devs apparently catered to every scrub Axis player who couldn't wait 5 minutes before steam rolling with tanks, so we got completely nerfed. Good job, losers.

EVERY allied unit is basically uselessm such as Penals, T34s, Katyushas, Cromwells, Comets, Commandos, Calliopes, etc. Horrible indeed. In fact, tanks in CoH 2 are not as op as they used to be in CoH 1 where this indeed was a problem. CoH 2 gives allies the tools to handle heavy tanks, but you have to use them instead of crying on the forums...
17 May 2017, 04:13 AM

Oh please, team games are messed up with this latest patch.

Tools that are weaker more all around. Tools that are outranged. Tools that are worthless to all the sight abilities Axis has. Tools that are worthless because most maps have choke points that favor Axis heavies camping, plus the afore mentioned sight.

Axis kubel spams and Mg/mortars, then expands and holds, wait for the OP tanks to roll out.

Coh2 Charts says it all. 10% or higher consistent win difference. Every game I play, it's 60%+ searching Axis. People will play more of the side that wins...they ain't searching more as Axis because it's harder to win.
17 May 2017, 05:30 AM

So many expert opinions in dis thread #MVGame

You're goddamn correct STG.

I have never believed that I'll come to agreemebt with yiu :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★