Login

russian armor

2020 CoH 3 is becoming more real by every day

PAGES (10)down
16 May 2017, 18:03 PM
Donator 11

Tunisia late 1942 to 1943 would be a cool setting.

That would be the first coh game to suffer from brit emplacement cancer from day 1 :P

It would be much wiser to start in marocco and algeria with germans vs usf as base and then add brits and italians in first add on. That way they can maximise sales becouse they cover two main markets on release.
16 May 2017, 19:38 PM

Two words, if applied, that will hurt a COH3 from the beginning:

Assymetrical balance.

Overdo it, like they did with TOV in COH and with the efforts to highlight balance, like in COH3, and I think they will, like with COH3, never quite find their footing.

I am not arguing for mirror matches or identical factions with different skins. Just a recognition that an accumulation of a bunch of small differences, or the odd change of tier for like units, will make factions play very differently. They don't have to resort to different income structures, radical differences in unit composition, or radical differences in veterancy to achieve that.
16 May 2017, 20:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What CoH3 needs to change from co2:

- Garrison overhaul. Need some kind of assault mechanic and counter-play. Give us a reason to have more than one squad in a building.

- New commander system, more similar to vCoH. need fewer useless abilities and copies. Less is more.

- Actually plan out the damn factions this time. Give different veterancy systems and teching to each faction, without clear advantages. No, giving one faction 2 extra vet levels is not a good idea. Don't add the lazy prebuilt bases. Give more side teching choices and passive abilities to buy.

- Hotkeys FFS
16 May 2017, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 20:17 PMTobis

- New commander system, more similar to vCoH. need fewer useless abilities and copies. Less is more.

While I agree wholeheartedly, I believe it just won't happen. Because : DLC:

But because of DLC commanders need to be less relevant. The more relevant they are the more likely they will include, whether by design or by accident, balance breaking abilities or synergies.

16 May 2017, 21:18 PM

That would be the first coh game to suffer from brit emplacement cancer from day 1 :P

It would be much wiser to start in marocco and algeria with germans vs usf as base and then add brits and italians in first add on. That way they can maximise sales becouse they cover two main markets on release.

War in Africa and you want to add brits in a dlc? come on man :p

This warfare has huge potential. 4 factions (Desert Rats, Africa Korps, Italians and USF), no crazy late game weapons with insta wiping abilities, everyone has decently equal equipment. Historical events are awesome for a campaign (finally some axis missions?!). This should work
16 May 2017, 21:45 PM
Patrion 14

I hope they will make it sooner. Look at DAW3's steam charts... And how old is the game, and compare it to COH2, it must be embarrassing! .... Relic should had made COH3 instead of DAW3 game, with all that hype about WW2 games... And they missed a great opportunitet yet again....
My hope is Africa setting... Better optimized game engine.. 4 really good competitive maps for 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2. Keep victory point as a game mode.. Make 2 modes casual and competitive matches like in cs go... Support the community with big turnemnets..... And start with only 3 commanders for each fraction....
16 May 2017, 23:17 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 21:18 PMStark

War in Africa and you want to add brits in a dlc? come on man :p

This warfare has huge potential. 4 factions (Desert Rats, Africa Korps, Italians and USF), no crazy late game weapons with insta wiping abilities, everyone has decently equal equipment. Historical events are awesome for a campaign (finally some axis missions?!). This should work

Remember what happened to coh2? Relic didn't want to add usf at first but they had to becouse the game didn't sell in NA. If they want to maximise sales and belive me, this is the only thing they care about, they have to start with usf. It's that simple. But sure, I would love something like Tobruk campaign myself.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 21:45 PMoakdk
I hope they will make it sooner. Look at DAW3's steam charts... And how old is the game, and compare it to COH2, it must be embarrassing! .... Relic should had made COH3 instead of DAW3 game, with all that hype about WW2 games... And they missed a great opportunitet yet again....
My hope is Africa setting... Better optimized game engine.. 4 really good competitive maps for 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2. Keep victory point as a game mode.. Make 2 modes casual and competitive matches like in cs go... Support the community with big turnemnets..... And start with only 3 commanders for each fraction....

If they started this year and they most probably did, there is no way they can make a finished product before 2020. And by finished I don't mean dlc-free.
16 May 2017, 23:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 20:17 PMTobis

- Garrison overhaul. Need some kind of assault mechanic and counter-play. Give us a reason to have more than one squad in a building.

- Actually plan out the damn factions this time. Give different veterancy systems and teching to each faction, without clear advantages. No, giving one faction 2 extra vet levels is not a good idea. Don't add the lazy prebuilt bases. Give more side teching choices and passive abilities to buy.

- Hotkeys FFS

+1 on all

Especially the commanders. Exactly like vCoh I would be fine with, as long as abilities were interesting.

The worst part of factions' differences in coh2 is the parts that get left over once things get patched or changed i.e. 5 vet levels, conscripts, nondoc heavy that used to be justified because of now removed reduced income; hell, okw after all the reworks in general. It was a neat idea, but poorly executed. I'm sure there's other examples as well. Grenadiers being 30 to reinforce after WFA got released is a big one too.
17 May 2017, 00:28 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

What COH3 needs, for Relic to listen to what the players actually want instead of pushing a P2W DLC model. This business model basically made COH2 DOA for competitive play.
17 May 2017, 00:46 AM

they should switch from the buyable commander stuff to skins

and with skins i mean REALLY TOP NOTCH skins

like:

different uniforms for infantry,
tanks with scratches, bullet holes and white killmarks
tanks with sandbags, camo nets...
infantry with backpacks, shovels, coats and whatnot

etc. etc.

all that with a comfortable customization editor

pretty sure people would buy such stuff a lot.
17 May 2017, 00:47 AM

To have a chance make money with COH3 apart of a good design, the would probably need to end server support for vcoh and maybe coh2...
17 May 2017, 01:01 AM

Unfortunately, almost everyone who was part of the vCoH creation team has left Relic Entertainment.

This.

There is no hope unless they get back their COH, DOW2, COH2 mindset back. Otherwise we will get something like DOW3
17 May 2017, 01:45 AM

If we are going to have a new Company of Heroes entry, here is what we need. Melee. I'm surprised Relic has not incorporated melee into Company of Heroes from Dawn of War 2. Honestly, I think Company of Heroes would benefit this more since melee might become a factor when flanking or keeping weapon teams busy.

Though, I do have my doubts after the release of Dawn of War 3. I'm just hoping they might innovate new ideas to the series and one of them is some kind of DLC that is just like theatres of war, but each DLC is a campaign of its own. Just like Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor.

Right now I'm crossing my fingers since the Ardennes Assault Expansion is too broken to play unless I use that mod to play the expansion.
17 May 2017, 05:48 AM

Permanently Banned
I'm not sure what setting it should go. Hell, I'm not sure why people want to go to Africa really. The technological gap is really small and I do like RTS games where sides are distinguishable enough via technological gaps for example. Sure I hate Heavy Tank Spam in CoH2 but it is possible to still win and I do think it makes fighting as the 'underdog' (Allies) more worth it when you win. I'm not sure how the map design for Africa would work too. I mean, most of the Relic games have a lot of cover around while the desert... not really. And yes, I played the Europe at War mod and the African settings, not a big fan of the desert map designs. If they moved away from the squad based tactics and more into the bigger picture thus there'd be less microing into cover and etc., then sure, the African setting could work if the game became a bit more macro.

I feel like most people want to go to the African setting not just understandably they want a new change of scenery, but I think there is this fascination people have with the Afrika Korps and Rommel :P

17 May 2017, 07:12 AM

they should switch from the buyable commander stuff to skins

and with skins i mean REALLY TOP NOTCH skins

like:

different uniforms for infantry,
tanks with scratches, bullet holes and white killmarks
tanks with sandbags, camo nets...
infantry with backpacks, shovels, coats and whatnot

etc. etc.

all that with a comfortable customization editor

pretty sure people would buy such stuff a lot.

They already include some of those (kinda) in DoW3 so it's possible

Remember what happened to coh2? Relic didn't want to add usf at first but they had to becouse the game didn't sell in NA. If they want to maximise sales and belive me, this is the only thing they care about, they have to start with usf. It's that simple. But sure, I would love something like Tobruk campaign myself.

Sure, but USF weren't so important in that warfare, not until 1943. Plus a single campaign would be only in US perspective. Germans in Tunisia were mostly defensive expect Kassarine maybe. Tbh i don't see it.

Everyone recognise the war in Africa as a battle between german expedition forces vs british army andtwo great commanders. The advertising campaign with huge logo "Desert Rats vs Africa Korps" with Rommel and Montgomery wouldn't be so bad. After that a DLC with USF and Italians and later on Italian warfare DLC.

In your version everything is rotated and i think many people would complain about lack of brits at start (like me :D )

17 May 2017, 08:24 AM

If they make coh3 they'll need to make sure they follow some of the unique mechanics it has including cover, true sight, resource system, assymetric balance, and unique units.

My hope is someone who knows and loves coh2 joins relic. Someone who can find bugs, make appropriate adjustments, and is a strong player... Someone who also responds to the community...
I'm looking at you Cruzz...
17 May 2017, 10:05 AM

Halo wars 2 was a fail. Being one of the best hw1 players. Hw2 was just stupid. I told them hw1 was good due to simplicity. They tried making it something it wasn't. So I hope they don't make that mistake with a new coh. Taking it in a direction just to say it's a new direction..

I'll only believe you're one of the best HW1 players when pigs can fly.
17 May 2017, 10:28 AM

I'll only believe you're one of the best HW1 players when pigs can fly.

Was top 2 anders (kept switching back n fourth)
Was Top 8 2v2 AT
Was Top 5-10 1v1
Was Top 15~ 2v2 random

Of course those stats are no longer current as to me not playing that game anymore.
17 May 2017, 14:06 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I just want to say i really appreciate your posts. They are always really detailed and give a good response on the thread title. You are giving actual usefull information imo. So, thx :D

I would love to see a coh3 :thumbsup: you just gotta #believeincoh3
17 May 2017, 15:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I just want to say i really appreciate your posts. They are always really detailed and give a good response on the thread title. You are giving actual usefull information imo. So, thx :D

I would love to see a coh3 :thumbsup: you just gotta #believeincoh3

At this point we gotta #believeindow3 that it doesn't sink the developer :snfBarton:
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55
unknown 19
Germany 11
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L