Login

russian armor

2020 CoH 3 is becoming more real by every day

PAGES (10)down
5 Nov 2018, 14:18 PM

The last survey we had about the subject was WW2 early war, midterrainean/north afrikan theater with southern france and perhaps italy.

i wonder how many percent of that survey people know that in early war there wern't any of their precious Tigers and pershings?
5 Nov 2018, 14:29 PM

i wonder how many percent of that survey people know that in early war there wern't any of their precious Tigers and pershings?

If this were the Eastern Front, then we could see other super-tanks for the start of the war:
KV-220

KV-3

SU-100-Y

All of them were issued in single copies and used at the front.

5 Nov 2018, 15:17 PM

there are already unusued soviet tanks in the game files right now, my guess is they will be released upon the new commanders after December.
SU122 is amongst them.

the support for coh didn't just "revive" all of a sudden, rest assured that COH3 is around the corner, these are just the first step to revive interest from players.

More than anything getting a $25000 prize pool for such a small competitive crowd is a proof.
5 Nov 2018, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2018, 15:17 PMCresc
there are already unusued soviet tanks in the game files right now, my guess is they will be released upon the new commanders after December.
SU122 is amongst them.

the support for coh didn't just "revive" all of a sudden, rest assured that COH3 is around the corner, these are just the first step to revive interest from players.

More than anything getting a $25000 prize pool for such a small competitive crowd is a proof.

If Relic add SU-122 it will be sweet
5 Nov 2018, 15:55 PM

If this were the Eastern Front, then we could see other super-tanks for the start of the war:
KV-220

KV-3

SU-100-Y

All of them were issued in single copies and used at the front.

That's not the point. THe oint is, everything that most poeople know about WW2 is Tom Hanks, Tigers and Pershings. and said people will get mad if they don't see that stuff in a game, even though they voted for it
5 Nov 2018, 16:25 PM

That's not the point. THe oint is, everything that most poeople know about WW2 is Tom Hanks, Tigers and Pershings. and said people will get mad if they don't see that stuff in a game, even though they voted for it

But there is another side: I'm bored that all the games about World War II are focused on the same events:
- Normandy
- Africa
- Pearl Harbor
- On the Eastern Front usually only: the battle for Moscow, Stalingrad and Berlin

I want to see other events on the example of the Eastern Front:
- Battle of Voronezh. Stalingrad and Voronezh were the only cities of the front line that passed through the city for more than a year.
- The battle for the Caucasus, there is a very interesting moment the battle for the hotel "Shelter of the Elevent" with the participation of mountain troops on both sides
- Siege of Leningrad and the war to Korelia
- Defense of Sevastopol
- Dnieper parachute operation
- Soviet operations in Norway
- The Balaton operation - the last offensive operation of Germany, the bloody confrontation of the King Tiger against the SU-100 and the war in Hungary.
- The War of Manchuria

The Eastern Front has just a huge scope for implementation, but we always see Moscow, Stalingrad, Berlin.
5 Nov 2018, 16:27 PM

But there is another side: I'm bored that all the games about World War II are focused on the same events:
- Normandy
- Africa
- Pearl Harbor
- On the Eastern Front usually only: the battle for Moscow, Stalingrad and Berlin

- Battle of Voronezh. Stalingrad and Voronezh were the only cities of the front line that passed through the city for more than a year.
- The battle for the Caucasus, there is a very interesting moment the battle for the hotel "Shelter of the Elevent" with the participation of mountain troops on both sides
- Defense of Sevastopol
- The Balaton operation - the last offensive operation of Germany, the bloody confrontation of the King Tiger against the SU-100 and the war in Hungary.
- The War of Manchuria

The Eastern Front has just a huge scope for implementation, but we always see Moscow, Stalingrad, Berlin.

Everybody is, but the thing is that the bigger crowd doesn't really care, they just want to see D-day again and again like donnie said.

I already suggested defense of sebastopol and soviet naval divisions, but one can only dream.
5 Nov 2018, 16:43 PM

Beginning of WW2 isn't entertaining for the majority of the population playing the franchise: Who want to play USA-I-stay-in-cover-on-the-other-side-of-the-atlantic and Russia-I-pact-with-Germany-to-get-my-piece-of-polish-cake?

Remember, early period of war is Poland vs Germany and then France-UK-Belgium vs Germany.
5 Nov 2018, 19:52 PM

Imo pulling a steel division style of faction pick could be interesting, basing factions on armies with 3 commanders (or just one with the entire army having a different style of play.) It'd probably be horrible in action, but one can dream.
5 Nov 2018, 21:11 PM

Actually, Tiger arrived on field quite early.
KV series was dominant.
There were heavy tanks, like Matildas, which P3s and stubby P4s couldn't kill.
Churchill also was a thing.
Shermans were just arriving, but allies did had plenty of other tanks which were more then a match against what axis had at the time.
5 Nov 2018, 21:53 PM

Since they is like a 99% chance microtransaction skins will be in the game I was hoping that they would go all out with them by making skins that effect the entire faction. IE infantry skins and tank skins in a historical fashion based on real-life divisions that fought.

Also a coh1 commander system would be so much easier to balance.

Also I hope they add a garrison fighting mechanic in which squads will fight in a building that would be pretty cool.
6 Nov 2018, 10:16 AM

Blitzkreig 2 was one of the good examples how game can include all of the war stages.

There were basically different sets of units for each of 3 nations (Germany, USSR, USA) for each of periods:
1941-1942, 1942-1943, 1943-1944, 1944-1945

There is no need for such granularity for CoH so there could be three periods - early, mid and late stage of war.

Nations not necessary can be present in all of the stages. This way you can include Italy only in early stage and therefore not have to balance it against IS-2 or Pershing. This also enables easy adding of nations through DLC.
6 Nov 2018, 10:28 AM

Blitzkreig 2 was one of the good examples how game can include all of the war stages.

There were basically different sets of units for each of 3 nations (Germany, USSR, USA) for each of periods:
1941-1942, 1942-1943, 1943-1944, 1944-1945

There is no need for such granularity for CoH so there could be three periods - early, mid and late stage of war.

Nations not necessary can be present in all of the stages. This way you can include Italy only in early stage and therefore not have to balance it against IS-2 or Pershing. This also enables easy adding of nations through DLC.

Sounds like Balance Hell.

Are you even thinking about what you write?
6 Nov 2018, 10:58 AM

Blitzkrieg series isn't exactly balanced.
It does have multiplayer and its playable, but its not most balanced thing.

Same for Men of War series.

These are WW2 variety fan service games, not competitive RTS games.
8 Nov 2018, 08:34 AM

Balance Hell is when you have single large matrix of playable factions.

For example you have mid-war germans and late-war germans and try to match them with same set of allied factions. Here's what problems I can think of problems with this design, that we've already saw in CoH2:
1) Mid-war units are UP (think of problem of SU having T-34 as best stock medium)
2) Late-war units are OP (problems with superheavies in large team games, e.g. JT, Ele. IMO these are mostly fixed by now btw.)
3) Authenticy problems as mid-war units perform close to late-war units (Why muh 8.8cm KwK does same damage as 57mm at gun?)
4) Constant flow of "give X unit to faction Y" requests, even though it doesn't belong there by different reasons.

Now if you split all your faction into separate groups by stage of war and match up only factions in the same group you can have both early and late stage of war units without breaking anything.

You can have your Italy facing Matildas and Crusaders, you can have Japan facing Stuarts and Lee WITHOUT having them to fight against IS-2, Pershing and Comet.

You can have many factions in your game, covering each stage, without having to balance them each against each - only in their separate group. And that's a lots of possibilities for DLCs, which should be interesting for a game company.

8 Nov 2018, 09:20 AM

- Normandy
- Africa
- Pearl Harbor

- Defense of Sevastopol
- The War of Manchuria

I really expected that when i heard about coh2 Eastern Front, partly unique untold stories. Then after release i put my hope into a theater of war dlcs or possibly new german campaign in future. Sadly we again expect that we got Western front armies with a quite boring USF campaign without even battle of Bastogne and no axis missions.

I wanted a game like "Stalingrad" (Blitzkrieg series game) and we got another ww2 game that focus only on most common events. Really shame.

Africa in coh3 probably won't be any diffrent but at least in case of balance should be much easier to do.
8 Nov 2018, 10:49 AM

Balance Hell is when you have single large matrix of playable factions.

[…]

(problems with superheavies in large team games, e.g. JT, Ele. IMO these are mostly fixed by now btw.

One other thing balance would benefit from tremendously is somehow having seperate balance between 1v1s and team games. For example currently in CoH2 there is the problem of UKF being terrible in 1v1s but being strong in team games. The same goes for certain combinations of abilities like Special Operations Flares and off-map artillery or CAS.
8 Nov 2018, 11:45 AM

Just give me my Panzer III & Jagdpanther tanks and I will be happy =)
8 Nov 2018, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2018, 11:45 AMThamor
Just give me my Panzer III & Jagdpanther tanks and I will be happy =)

One or the other.
They are kind of opposite sites of time spectrum.
8 Nov 2018, 12:21 PM

PzIII was used through the war as Germans had so many of them. Usual example is the PzIIIN that was modified to have short barrel 75mm gun for AI. For game mechanics it should be light/med tank and I only want it because I like the look of it.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS