Login

russian armor

2020 CoH 3 is becoming more real by every day

PAGES (10)down
14 Jun 2017, 09:49 AM
Donator 11

c) Pick The Winners (game-modes)
- Sure, you can have all kinds of game-modes, but only a few are competitive and supported as such. In team games, each side must play the same faction if in competitive mode. Yes, it is not as flashy, but it drastically cuts down on balance pitfalls.

I don't know any game that would force whole team to play same faction/class/character/whatever. But they will most probably again release a game with only 2 factions at the begining so you have it covered at the release.
14 Jun 2017, 10:27 AM
Donator 33

I don't know any game that would force whole team to play same faction/class/character/whatever. But they will most probably again release a game with only 2 factions at the begining so you have it covered at the release.

I don't know where you're going with this comment.
14 Jun 2017, 10:42 AM

With how some games been lately, my fear would be Relic runining coh3.

Trying to hard to make it better than the last
Trying to hard to make things new and diverse
Rushing the release
Doing what they think is right then a year into it they finally listen to community feedback
Pay2win

Halo wars 2 was something I looked forward to for years, it was a disaster. They tried to hard and ended up ruining the game, would hate to see coh3 fall down the same path.

And it's hard to accept the fact that 80% of coh2 life the community had better balance suggestions/ideas then relics staff. I mean it's not hard to see that after tiger ace/windustries/British it's became a cash cow over genuine player satisfaction.
14 Jun 2017, 11:35 AM

So if I put all of this together, I am getting the feeling that the current balance mod team is basically a testing ground for if and how such a close relationship between community and post launch game development should eventually work in a CoH3 situation.
14 Jun 2017, 11:37 AM

With how some games been lately, my fear would be Relic runining coh3.

And it's hard to accept the fact that 80% of coh2 life the community had better balance suggestions/ideas then relics staff. I mean it's not hard to see that after tiger ace/windustries/British it's became a cash cow over genuine player satisfaction.

The entire game's lifespan, from early development on, was all about money issues. It had financial struggle and had to sell well from the get go because THQ was dying. Under Sega, I think it will go differently and I hope for the love of god, that they learned from their horrible dlc mistakes. With DOW III however, I fear they finally have.
14 Jun 2017, 12:01 PM
Patrion 15

DoW3 performance -financial wise- is really ego breaking. I highly doubt they will go cheap with coh3 or don't hear the fans requests. If coh3 is not good launch Sega could break the Relic in pieces and doom the company with mobile games.
14 Jun 2017, 12:16 PM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2017, 12:01 PMruzen
DoW3 performance -financial wise- is really ego breaking. I highly doubt they will go cheap with coh3 or don't hear the fans requests. If coh3 is not good launch Sega could break the Relic in pieces and doom the company with mobile games.

how do you know it did or did not do well financially?

ATM all my hopes are pinned on Iron Harvest, and those hopes aren't solid :(
14 Jun 2017, 14:13 PM
Patrion 15

how do you know it did or did not do well financially?

ATM all my hopes are pinned on Iron Harvest, and those hopes aren't solid :(

I know because even COH1 has more active players than DOW3 after 4 weeks so goodbye dlc money
14 Jun 2017, 14:23 PM
Donator 11

I feel like new coh would play it safe and stick with the WW2 Era. However, I could be wrong, Quinn Duffy was on about how they could "take the Coh franchise anywhere" in time, it might be interesting with future tech or in vietnam or something.

What Relic really needs is a management shake up honestly, less interns, more real people who can get the job done right the first time. CoH2 is a bad example for how the team operates as even the engine engineers they picked up didnt work on renovating the engine and where brought in after THQ fallout.

Even still Relic wont have a new CoH IP for another two years which would put us at the end of their "5 year plan". Its to be expected that the game will follow suit with the same game style of asymmetrical balance and a similar cover and LOS system that we have now.

On the financing side, the market place itself is moving in a direction of less P2W content and more so towards player customization (skins, decals, ext.) With this we should expect even more customization options that cost money. Along with this I would expect CoH3 to either be heavy on online play or possibly feature a F2P online or a lowered price for a multiplayer client.
14 Jun 2017, 14:24 PM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2017, 14:13 PMruzen

I know because even COH1 has more active players than DOW3 after 4 weeks so goodbye dlc money

Okay, i wondered if you had a source with official/accurate sales figures.
14 Jun 2017, 14:25 PM
Donator 11

Okay, i wondered if you had a source with official/accurate sales figures.

Check steam charts and steam spy
14 Jun 2017, 14:46 PM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2017, 14:25 PMMittens

Check steam charts and steam spy

Does that show sales? or just player numbers?
14 Jun 2017, 14:46 PM

Does that show sales? or just player numbers?

Just player numbers. We have to wait for their fiscal reports before we can see what they sold.
14 Jun 2017, 14:59 PM
Strategist Badge

Just player numbers. We have to wait for their fiscal reports before we can see what they sold.

Yeah i imagine it sold pretty well, that it was after the high sales that all the players realised it was shit.

First DLC might sell well, depending on what it has in it. If they continue shitting on a CD and calling it a game then sales will fall.
14 Jun 2017, 15:19 PM
Patrion 15

Sold pretty well? LUL
People buy and refund lots of titles these days. There is no logical way dow3 sold pretty well.Even I refunded It.
14 Jun 2017, 15:27 PM

They could do a ww1 company of heroes. So many different factions during the war and so many decisive battles on all sides of the war.
14 Jun 2017, 15:29 PM
Donator 11

They could do a ww1 company of heroes. So many different factions during the war and so many decisive battles on all sides of the war.

People suggesting either ww2 africa with brits as first faction or ww1. Soudns like you love emplacements :snfPeter:
14 Jun 2017, 15:34 PM

People suggesting either ww2 africa with brits as first faction or ww1. Soudns like you love emplacements :snfPeter:

Would be cool to dug an entire tunnel system under the brit trenches and blow up their sim city from below with tonnes of explosives lol
14 Jun 2017, 15:39 PM

by the time brits DLC got released, relic was already part of SEGA for years (around 2 years).
So if you follow my understanding, the kind of game balance we got in the 2 COH2 DLC (western front & brits) have all been made under the SEGA control.

Do you think, even one second, that a company which released Brits DLC (including cancer emplacement), western front (including OP Konigstiger at release) will be able to make a good COH 3 ?

The Relic-SEGA combination has shown to produce verybad content in the last years and i obviously don't except them to do better with COH3 (if they even decide to make it).

DOW3 was like the COH3 we are waiting, except that it was for DOW2 community, check some DOW3 gameplay and come back tell me that you are still waiting for COH3. it's madness to except anything good from relic for now
14 Jun 2017, 15:43 PM
Donator 11

by the time brits DLC got released, relic was already part of SEGA for years (around 2 years).
So if you follow my understanding, the kind of game balance we got in the 2 COH2 DLC (western front & brits) have all been made under the SEGA control.

Do you think, even one second, that a company which released Brits DLC (including cancer emplacement), western front (including OP Konigstiger at release) will be able to make a good COH 3 ?

The Relic-SEGA combination has shown to produce verybad content in the last years and i obviously don't except them to do better with COH3 (if they even decide to make it).

DOW3 was like the COH3 we are waiting, except that it was for DOW2 community, check some DOW3 gameplay and come back tell me that you are still waiting for COH3. it's madness to except anything good from relic for now

You see, brits in coh1 were exactly the same as brits in coh2. And so are going to be brits in coh3. Even if some alien company buys relic.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS