Login

russian armor

CryptoCurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum)

15 May 2017, 08:24 AM
Patrion 14

Yo bois,

i just wanted to start a topic about CryptoCurrency and what you think about it.
I started to get into the topic when a close friend gave me an "insider-tip" about Ethereum when it was below 20 euro a coin. Since then i quadrupled(!!!!) my investment and Ethereum is still rising!Ethereum is now over 80 euro/coin and it is to be expected to go to 100 this summer.
Ethereum is the 2nd biggest cryptocurrency behind Bitcoin. There are some aspects of Ethereum that make it perferable to Bitcoin.

90 Days chart

http://imgur.com/akS6lk7

When you think about Bitcoin being at more than 1500§ a coin (and still rising as well), i'd strongly suggest to invest in Etherum as soon as possible if you'd like to make some easy money.
12 Feb 2018, 16:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2017, 08:24 AMLümmel
Yo bois,

i just wanted to start a topic about CryptoCurrency and what you think about it.
I started to get into the topic when a close friend gave me an "insider-tip" about Ethereum when it was below 20 euro a coin. Since then i quadrupled(!!!!) my investment and Ethereum is still rising!Ethereum is now over 80 euro/coin and it is to be expected to go to 100 this summer.
Ethereum is the 2nd biggest cryptocurrency behind Bitcoin. There are some aspects of Ethereum that make it perferable to Bitcoin.

90 Days chart

When you think about Bitcoin being at more than 1500§ a coin (and still rising as well), i'd strongly suggest to invest in Etherum as soon as possible if you'd like to make some easy money.

wow
12 Feb 2018, 22:19 PM

Good way to invest now and make a quick buck in the near future, but its probably not going to amount to much of anything in the long term. Crypto currency is not the new gold or silver, its not a commodity and has no actual value. Its like collecting a bunch of Willy Wonka golden tickets.
13 Feb 2018, 02:51 AM
Admin Red  Badge

Moved the thread to the Scrapyard as it wasn't suited for Hardware and Tech.
13 Feb 2018, 03:50 AM

I think I'm lucky I got my GTX1080 before cryptocurrency made a mortgage necessary for such a purchase.
13 Feb 2018, 07:50 AM

This shit won't allow me (and hundreds of thousands,if not more, gamers) to buy a new GPU (i want to upgrade to a GTX 1080 or GTX 1070 Ti so my two GTX 560 Ti's could go to retirement ) but i cant.
So "sorry" that i cant share your enthusiasm about this freaking topic. My hope is that this bubble will burst very very soon.
13 Feb 2018, 10:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2017, 08:24 AMLümmel
Yo bois,

90 Days chart

By the way, It's now worth 678 euro a coin
13 Feb 2018, 12:06 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

This shit won't allow me (and hundreds of thousands,if not more, gamers) to buy a new GPU (i want to upgrade to a GTX 1080 or GTX 1070 Ti so my two GTX 560 Ti's could go to retirement ) but i cant.
So "sorry" that i cant share your enthusiasm about this freaking topic. My hope is that this bubble will burst very very soon.

That's probably the biggest issue with cryptocurrency right now. I am afraid it won't change in the near future as long as there are no restrictions enforced (e.g. Bitcoin bans in China and stuff)
13 Feb 2018, 14:43 PM

I'd be weary of Cryptocurrencies. Yes, there are opportunities but if you don't understand trading and markets you can lose a lot of money. A lot of these currencies are luxury currencies as they are not crucial in anyway to ensure economies survive and thrive. If global markets crash/correct, cryptos will be the first to burn. 'John Smith' is more likely to hold onto his physical gold coins than his intangible internet coins.

There are a few coins that can be valuable and OP listed one in Etherum, but its only a matter of time before many of these coins start to die out. There are so many coins you can't even keep track, ultimately diluting stronger coins like BTC or ETH.

Regulation, its only a matter of time before governments start clamping down regulations. People are making money and governments want in. As regulations are rolled out you can expect crytpo values to fall.

Majority of these coins have no historical data, this makes it very difficult to predict market conditions.

If you are looking for these homerun trades you may as well trade options, they offer medium risk/high reward. Another alternative would be to invest in companies that are well known and proven. Always pick an industry you know something about.

EX: I am not investing in cancer pharmaceuticals because I understand very little when it comes to chemical compounds and their effect on the body. Everyone here is well aware of computer hardware (the companies to buy and not-buy) and I even see a few complaints about it being difficult to purchase Nvidia cards because of cyrpto. Supply and demand is a huge driving factor in markets. As seen here in the 2yr NVDA chart.

NVDA 2yr chart

There are many factors that move markets and my only advice would be don't invest what you aren't willing to lose. Investing is educated gambling.
13 Feb 2018, 16:01 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Another fun thing on this topic: Cryptomining is using almost more energy than the the common households combined in Iceland do
13 Feb 2018, 20:53 PM

That's probably the biggest issue with cryptocurrency right now. I am afraid it won't change in the near future as long as there are no restrictions enforced (e.g. Bitcoin bans in China and stuff)

Yeah, it sucks big time.

P.S. Another thing that sucks this year is VFL BMG, we are so inconsistent (we could be second right now) :D
14 Feb 2018, 16:13 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Yeah, it sucks big time.

P.S. Another thing that sucks this year is VFL BMG, we are so inconsistent (we could be second right now) :D

You are (sadly) right there :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS