Login

russian armor

Lend Lease is completely broken

20 May 2017, 16:18 PM

I think its supposed to be more of a ez8 for soviets, and IIRC it has a smaller AOE. I actually think this makes more sense, as t34s already do a good job with infantry.

Its also got that wicked rate of fire through vet though and fairly low pen as-is. I feel like going that way would compete with the T34/85. Either way, as long as its not being called-in and has a role, I'll be happy with it.
20 May 2017, 16:27 PM

So then it will be conscripts (now the penals of current patch) into maxims (now a subpar dhsk of the current patch) into m4c spam lol. I understand what you are trying to accomplish by these changes, but unfortunately it won't change anything... :(

Or would you tie all call ins to teching?

So what? Remove machine guns kappa? All tank call-ins should be tech. We could talk about stalling for Pershing or tiger too.
20 May 2017, 16:30 PM

Its also got that wicked rate of fire through vet though and fairly low pen as-is. I feel like going that way would compete with the T34/85. Either way, as long as its not being called-in and has a role, I'll be happy with it.

Yeah. It seems to be somewhere in between t34/76s and t34/85s. I think it mostly exists because 85s would be opieop with fuel runs (if they actually didn't get shot down by anything that has enough brains to look up).

Again, all call-in tanks should be locked behind tech.
20 May 2017, 16:37 PM

So what? Remove machine guns kappa? All tank call-ins should be tech. We could talk about stalling for Pershing or tiger too.

The problem is not the mgs, but rather the 6 men weapon teams. Insanely hard to wipe.
20 May 2017, 16:38 PM

Again, all call-in tanks should be locked behind tech.

Yes!
20 May 2017, 17:08 PM

The problem is not the mgs, but rather the 6 men weapon teams. Insanely hard to wipe.

True. That's the point though right? I mean maxim ain't no mg42. Dshka is a different story tho. However, explosives do very well against 6 man weapon teams and axis have a lot. Flamenades too. Dshka just needs to not pin in 2 bursts IMO lol.
20 May 2017, 18:46 PM

So then it will be conscripts (now the penals of current patch) into maxims (now a subpar dhsk of the current patch) into m4c spam lol. I understand what you are trying to accomplish by these changes, but unfortunately it won't change anything... :(

Or would you tie all call ins to teching?

But if you have Cons and (useful) Maxims you wont need Dshkas anymore, so probably we would see the good old guard-motor commander picked every game again, for elite infantry and cheap t34-85 spam. If thats better than the current meta, I dont know. How to fix this? Well, I guess whoever figures out how to deal with call-ins deserves a medal...
21 May 2017, 08:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2017, 18:46 PMGarrett

But if you have Cons and (useful) Maxims you wont need Dshkas anymore, so probably we would see the good old guard-motor commander picked every game again, for elite infantry and cheap t34-85 spam. If thats better than the current meta, I dont know. How to fix this? Well, I guess whoever figures out how to deal with call-ins deserves a medal...

That could be! Have you seen the mod? Have you tried it? Seems really good man! They fix basically all issues associated with what we were discussing!
21 May 2017, 11:51 AM

Permanently Banned

Agreed.

With all respect, but saying DHSK performance is fine and doesn´t need a nerf is pushing any form of intellect to the brink of extinction. Just because something is a call in and expensive shouldn´t warrent it being overpowered. Or should we make the Tiger Ace return to its former glory? I mean its 800 mp and comes at 17cp!! Command Panther comes at 11 cp and costs 225 fuel and above 500 mp, better make that overpowered too then huh?

I tell why are the problem, soviet from 2013 was meat/zerg faction. But now, soviet have just more better units compared to axis side.
I agree about that if unit are callin its not make him fine. But how you whanna change DSHK ? Make 2 CP HMG like vickers or 50 cal ?
Its still mg that counter with flank and mortars, with light vehicles if tis flanking.
21 May 2017, 13:06 PM

I tell why are the problem, soviet from 2013 was meat/zerg faction. But now, soviet have just more better units compared to axis side.
I agree about that if unit are callin its not make him fine. But how you whanna change DSHK ? Make 2 CP HMG like vickers or 50 cal ?
Its still mg that counter with flank and mortars, with light vehicles if tis flanking.

I agree man. I would make it less durable. It is the best mg in the game at the moment and it has a 6 men crew and very good a-move potential. It should be less durable, but I am not sure as to how that would be achieved effectively. I just want the maxim to be the staple of the Soviet suppression platform and not be a worse mg34...
21 May 2017, 15:09 PM

Why not just lock every single call-in vehicle behind tech? So that you can call in the vehicle only if you
1.) got enough CP and
2.) built the associated tech building
(but the vehicle will still remain an off-map call-in)

Locked behind T4: M4C Sherman, KV 8, IS2, KV1, KV2, ISU 152, Pershing, Sherman Calliope, M10 Tank Destroyer, Sherman Bulldozer, Churchill Crocodile, Churchill AVRE, Sexton Howitzer (For UKF this is T3), Command Panther, Ostwind, JT, Flame Hetzer, Tiger, Elefant

Locked behind T3: M5 Halftrack assault group (Sov), both M5s (USF), Greyhound, Puma (Ostheer), Stug E

Sorry if someone suggested the exact same before, didn't read through the whole thread.

21 May 2017, 19:15 PM

Hmmm I still think that locking call-ins behind tech would be too great a nerf for the Allies, considering that they have the majority of call-in vehicles.

Maybe not for the UKF or USF as their high tier units are decent. T4 for USSR feels useless save for the Katyusha.
22 May 2017, 00:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2017, 19:15 PMGrim
Hmmm I still think that locking call-ins behind tech would be too great a nerf for the Allies, considering that they have the majority of call-in vehicles.

Maybe not for the UKF or USF as their high tier units are decent. T4 for USSR feels useless save for the Katyusha.

Well there was no hesitation what so ever to lock the KT behind tech and (most annoyingly) commander pick.

I don't think it would be a nerf, it would just stop stalling; Which is a serious problem. If they aren't going to be locked behind tech they need a serious cool down nerf (all factions) so call in units can't be spammed. Pointless intels like the JT call in cool down reduction need to be replaced with something too.
22 May 2017, 05:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2017, 00:22 AMNano

Well there was no hesitation what so ever to lock the KT behind tech and (most annoyingly) commander pick.

I don't think it would be a nerf, it would just stop stalling; Which is a serious problem. If they aren't going to be locked behind tech they need a serious cool down nerf (all factions) so call in units can't be spammed. Pointless intels like the JT call in cool down reduction need to be replaced with something too.

KT is still non-doctorinal unit, which anyone can get eventualy. Plus, it can be called-in multiple times after its death (while in vCOH, once you lost it, you were screwed). Cannot compare KT to commander call-ins really...
22 May 2017, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2017, 05:55 AMLeatham

KT is still non-doctorinal unit, which anyone can get eventualy.

I should clarify, I'm saying all call in units should be tech locked behind tech, including infantry. Just like the KT is.

Plus, it can be called-in multiple times after its death (while in vCOH, once you lost it, you were screwed). Cannot compare KT to commander call-ins really...

I miss the terror doctrine from COHO, the sound of that V1 was awesome.
22 May 2017, 08:48 AM

KT is still non-doctorinal unit, which anyone can get eventualy. Plus, it can be called-in multiple times after its death (while in vCOH, once you lost it, you were screwed). Cannot compare KT to commander call-ins really...

You do realise that the CoH2 KT is not comparable to the vCoH KT in terms of Bullet-Sponginess and Performance in general Right?
22 May 2017, 10:27 AM

Why not just lock every single call-in vehicle behind tech? So that you can call in the vehicle only if you
1.) got enough CP and
2.) built the associated tech building
(but the vehicle will still remain an off-map call-in)

Locked behind T4: M4C Sherman, KV 8, IS2, KV1, KV2, ISU 152, Pershing, Sherman Calliope, M10 Tank Destroyer, Sherman Bulldozer, Churchill Crocodile, Churchill AVRE, Sexton Howitzer (For UKF this is T3), Command Panther, Ostwind, JT, Flame Hetzer, Tiger, Elefant

Locked behind T3: M5 Halftrack assault group (Sov), both M5s (USF), Greyhound, Puma (Ostheer), Stug E

Sorry if someone suggested the exact same before, didn't read through the whole thread.

RIP Puma, RIP Greyhound (even more than today), RIP M5s
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 86

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment