Login

russian armor

DSHKA + Penals

23 May 2017, 05:03 AM

Just FYI this doesn't work- osttruppen aren't significantly cheaper than grens such that you have any greater flanking power. Combined with zero moving dps and lack of grenades to punish constant refacing in combat osttruppen have always been pretty hard countered by HMG spam. G43 grens with stun nades or backed by reserve army ability would work much better.

Huh. I don't play with osttruppen much, so it was 100% theoretical. G43s are great tho too. I'm of the personal opinion that dshka needs a suppression nerf tho- keep everything else but just lower suppression to like .50cal levels (so still pretty good)
23 May 2017, 08:51 AM

Soviets played fine before land lease and before penals got ptrs. Even competitively​ they were chosen many times. Even in GCS vonivan showed that he doesn't need land lease or penals to win.
Conscripts are not crap. People just don't want to invest fuel into inf units when they don't have to. But that was original Soviet design. Penals are now an easy version non fuel requiring infantry. An easy button. Of course conscripts suck in comparison.

You can't a+move maxim now that easily. It got a reasonable amount of Nerf. Once again just because dshka is clearly OP - yeah the maxim sucks in comparison. I'll give you that.

You assume i just a move my mg, which is false. To say the truth, i don't use M4c + DSHK. Try to avoid these judgments.

But Maxim needs vet 2 to supress properly, which is not fine. Especially when the mg cost 260mp. Penals are not easy to play at all. They drop models very easily and they are very expensive. Plus, you don't have much on the field when execute a penal strat.

Cons sucks, they can't handle a single model wipe on the back.To wipe that model you need the minimum of health. Grenadier and voksgrenadier are able to kill one to three models on the back with upgrades. So cons have a chance early, and are raped into the mid/late.

And i think pro use what they want, they have a high knowledge of the game,and make work strategies with efficiency. And there is some fail. Like Jesulin who tried a penals start against Amstrong. It's easy to get examples from tournaments. Von Asten make some conscripts strategies, and they are raped in the late game against volks very easily as well. If people go for an abuse, that's because of the lack of conscripts. Translate by maxims spam ect ...

Anyway, the unoficial balance team give me right. They intend to buff conscripts so. I don't think i am that wrong.

I am not a soviet fan boy, i play ostheer and soviets almost equally.
27 May 2017, 02:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2017, 08:51 AMJadek

You assume i just a move my mg, which is false. To say the truth, i don't use M4c + DSHK. Try to avoid these judgments.

But Maxim needs vet 2 to supress properly, which is not fine. Especially when the mg cost 260mp. Penals are not easy to play at all. They drop models very easily and they are very expensive. Plus, you don't have much on the field when execute a penal strat.

Cons sucks, they can't handle a single model wipe on the back.To wipe that model you need the minimum of health. Grenadier and voksgrenadier are able to kill one to three models on the back with upgrades. So cons have a chance early, and are raped into the mid/late.

And i think pro use what they want, they have a high knowledge of the game,and make work strategies with efficiency. And there is some fail. Like Jesulin who tried a penals start against Amstrong. It's easy to get examples from tournaments. Von Asten make some conscripts strategies, and they are raped in the late game against volks very easily as well. If people go for an abuse, that's because of the lack of conscripts. Translate by maxims spam ect ...

Anyway, the unoficial balance team give me right. They intend to buff conscripts so. I don't think i am that wrong.

I am not a soviet fan boy, i play ostheer and soviets almost equally.

I never said you (Jadek) a+moved your Maxim only. It was a generic 'you'. But in reality the maxim was VERY a+movable regardless of weather you did it or not.
I dont wish argue about the rest of this. There are plenty of other threads on this topic. Nature will take its course, kappa.
27 May 2017, 02:39 AM

You want us to help you how to counter this strategy ?

OR

You want to have open discussion about "How to nerf duska" in the balance section ?

It´s not problem to move your thread, just clearly tell use what you want, first :)

Okay. So this is not exactly a DSHKA spam, but this is the first soviet mid-rank soviet player i played in a while. Tips are welcome. I have micro issues once my unit count gets past a certain point. But i just cant seem to counter the dshka even with mortars, he just picks up and moves them closer. You can say they were unsupported buy If i clump up my forces i will have no capping power.

31 May 2017, 13:06 PM

The only reason every Soviet player uses it is because there are no viable alternatives. Until the faction gets help in other areas this is the way it will be. And if someone is using PTRS' the squad will be a lot worse against infantry.

I have heard everyone say this, but they are not actually that useless with the PTRS upgrade. Keep in mind that they get +60% accuracy in their veterancy(which I don´t understand, because they are accurate enough when they come in), which pretty much compensates for the upgrade, considering that they vet up ridiculously quickly. And with Duschka support that instantly pins half your infantry, they are adequate, at least against Ostheer(of course, Obers will f*ck them up, but that should be automatic, right?). It basically turns them into Grens. Decent at long range and in cover, but very easily rushed by almost anything.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★