Login

russian armor

Churchill Crocodile needs adjustment

13 May 2017, 14:14 PM

As I mentioned on another topic, I can wholeheartedly accept a nerf in damage and rate of fire. I would still like to keep the range, with it being an endgame tank with no flamethrower turret and limited to one and all...
13 May 2017, 14:21 PM

Except Ostheer has at least snipers, stugs, panthers, brummbaars, vet 3 lmg grens and panzerwerfers.

Soviets can go and cry in the corner, with their katty, su85 and penals :(

Yeah well soviets don't have to fight a flame spewing tank that has like double the health of their own tanks lol and has a main gun. Still fighting a KT as Soviets feels like you are throwing rocks at it.
13 May 2017, 17:16 PM

Fuwl cost is same as tiger

On topic. Go stugs and 1 pak. The vet1 pak stun will freeze it, so the other tanks (stugs) can finish it.
If you have more problems dealing with it, post a replay on our state office so our strategist can help you.

Or if you're okw just get a kt or jagd and 200+ fuel down the drain on a pure ai tank for the brit. If you can't get a kt or jagd out within 10 minutes of the croc, it's not the croc that made you lose.
13 May 2017, 17:19 PM

Yeah well soviets don't have to fight a flame spewing tank that has like double the health of their own tanks lol and has a main gun. Still fighting a KT as Soviets feels like you are throwing rocks at it.

Soviets also don't have good nondoc infantry except penals anymore. The main gun is pretty negligible, since it only does half damage and shoots whatever the hell it wants to. Really if you have tanks a croc shouldn't be a problem.
13 May 2017, 17:21 PM

Soviets also don't have good nondoc infantry except penals anymore. The main gun is pretty negligible, since it only does half damage and shoots whatever the hell it wants to. Really if you have tanks a croc shouldn't be a problem.

Neither does Ostheer, unless you take the highly overpriced and pricey to upgrade stormtroopers. Soviets have guards and shock troops. Not good enough?
13 May 2017, 17:25 PM

Or if you're okw just get a kt or jagd and 200+ fuel down the drain on a pure ai tank for the brit. If you can't get a kt or jagd out within 10 minutes of the croc, it's not the croc that made you lose.

The command panther or double jagpanzer should do the trick ;)

I know that crocodile is nowhere near balanced, but still, counters exist. It´s better to do your best and find new strategies, Brits were nerfed this patch, they aren´t to get nerfed any soon, I fear
13 May 2017, 18:39 PM

Neither does Ostheer, unless you take the highly overpriced and pricey to upgrade stormtroopers. Soviets have guards and shock troops. Not good enough?

They have grens and pgrens the former is ok, the latter is pricy but very very good. Soviets do have guards (nerfed, but still good) and shocks (not that good) but those are both doctrinal, so what you do for 2-3cps is always gonna be penal spam if you want to win. At least ost has an effective mg.
13 May 2017, 18:40 PM

The command panther or double jagpanzer should do the trick ;)

I know that crocodile is nowhere near balanced, but still, counters exist. It´s better to do your best and find new strategies, Brits were nerfed this patch, they aren´t to get nerfed any soon, I fear

That's my point. An equivalent amount of resources invested in tanks will always beat back a croc.
13 May 2017, 18:54 PM

There seems to issues with many flamer vehicles so I would suggest the following change. Normalize damage and reduce the number of DOTs.

Now add an ability that does less damage but creates more DOT/area.

Now the units can better balanced being able to do lots of damages via DOT but have cooldown.
13 May 2017, 18:57 PM

please remove the kv8 from switching guns. ontopic target weak point with stugs. cros is easy to bully unless it has a firefly behind it LUL
13 May 2017, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2017, 18:54 PMVipper
There seems to issues with many flamer vehicles so I would suggest the following change. Normalize damage and reduce the number of DOTs.

Now add an ability that does less damage but creates more DOT/area.

Now the units can better balanced being able to do lots of damages via DOT but have cooldown.

I actually like that idea.
14 May 2017, 00:09 AM

Luckily the crocodile isn´t supported by comets or cromwells or 6 pounders or terminator tommies with brens and trenches for vickers everywhere.

You have the same problem when playing as Soviets vs for example a KT. It is supported by multiple volks, invisible rakettens, sturmpioneers with sweepers or a shreck and maybe some terminator obers.

Exactly it's like these ppl have never played as allies before haha.

FLANK AND SNARE.

Allies have to do it in every tank fight
14 May 2017, 00:16 AM

^Relic added stuka dive bomb for those situations.

Stuka dive bomb is pretty unreliable versus emplacements, you have to manage to time them right or they are absolutely worthless.
14 May 2017, 00:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2017, 00:16 AMGarrett

Stuka dive bomb is pretty unreliable versus emplacements, you have to manage to time them right or they are absolutely worthless.

Force brace.
Wait for brace to end.
Stuka divebomb.

Pretty reliable.
14 May 2017, 01:19 AM

Force brace.
Wait for brace to end.
Stuka divebomb.

Pretty reliable.

"My unstoppable dive bomb that one shots most things didn't work!"
Better go and make another post in trending about Brace.
14 May 2017, 07:59 AM

The Croc is an anti infantry tank for the price of a heavy tank. It better be damn good at its job.
14 May 2017, 12:43 PM

Force brace.
Wait for brace to end.
Stuka divebomb.

Pretty reliable.

Yea, except it doesnt kill an emplacement, so you need to follow it up. As axis you need an elaborate plan to destroy 1(!) emplacement, while all the enemy needs to destroy you flak hq is 120mm and maybe some at guns...
14 May 2017, 15:13 PM

Crocodile can take down panter if both have engine damage on close range. That lost me a game once. Sure it might be just bad RNG but still crocodile is simply overperforming for its cost.
14 May 2017, 18:07 PM

Losing a panther to a croc is just trash RNG, straight up. Dealing 80 damage per shot (iirc) makes the panther have effectivly 2x the health and more armour/pen.
18 May 2017, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2017, 15:13 PMMatson
Crocodile can take down panter if both have engine damage on close range.

The Croc needs 10 penetrating hits to kill a panther with a 30-40% of penetrating the front armor.
The Panther needs 9 penetrating hits with a 85-100% chance of penetrating the front armor.

It's not impossible but very very unlikely for the croc to win that kind of engagement.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 62
unknown 20
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak