Login

russian armor

Advices on my game

9 May 2017, 10:59 AM

I pretty much improved myself but i feel i am doing something wrong.

Yes, my sniper play was trash in this game and it costed too much mp for me and this is one of the reasons for loosing. But i don't sniper play like that generally.

And i should have blow the middle garrison before mg42.
9 May 2017, 21:51 PM

I'll take a look at this one.

CoH is a game where every little thing counts, so I'm gonna point out anything useful I see, even small stuff.

Cap order isn't ideal. If you must contest the north muni with engies, just send them directly to the house. You went the long way and then attempted to cap the point, which is never gonna happen. You also capped the fuel with it still being disconnected, waste of time imo. Get the cutoff first if you aren't going to send a followup unit to back-cap the cutoff.

@1:45 you take an extended engagement with your engies vs garrisoned grens. No point in doing this, just gonna feed vet and lose models. Better to cap with the engies, you seriously lacked resources early.

In the midgame you almost always just send 1 squad places at a time. If you group up a little more, you could flank some of those MGs or get squad wipes.

I would have risked chasing the scout car @ 15:30, you could have taken a pak shot and survived.

Once you see the Brummbar, you go T2, which isn't a bad idea except Brumms are great vs ATG. You had the fuel for T4, I would have gone for an SU85 to counter his T4.

@25 min in there is a big fight and your sherman and t70 both are sitting on the opposite side of the map doing nothing. If you had your sherman sitting on top of your sniper/ATG, then you have powerful combined arms. Instead, a few moments later, a PG squad kills your ATG and scares away your sniper.

I think that should be your biggest takeaway from this game: use combined arms. At the end of the game, you have 2 ATGs and a machine gun sitting on the north VP while you try to fight panthers at the bottom VP. If you instead shifted the ATG to the middle of the map and fought with Shermans + ATGs, you might have won.

Also, don't forget minesweepers!

TL;DR: Make your early capping order more efficient, and make sure you support snipers and weapons teams with infantry and vehicles. Your micro was good, and your unit preservation was good in the early and mid game.

10 May 2017, 18:11 PM

Yes capping order is still problem for me. I think it is because lack of experience. I always stressed about what i will do after construct T0.

Thank you for your time. It was really helpfull.
10 May 2017, 21:19 PM

My pleasure! Always glad to help.

I would watch some of the recent tournament games, or some other high level games from the replays section (you can check their rank by clicking the name in the replay), and copy or at least use ideas from their capping order.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★