Login

russian armor

Redesign Penal battalions

11 May 2017, 13:04 PM

Maybe the problem will be solved if Penals should have to buy their SVT rifles, as almost every other unit do. They should come with only Mosins.

Right now they are too powerfull for only 300MP and 0 MU cost.
Maybe a 45MU upgrade for 3 SVT could be fine..
11 May 2017, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2017, 13:04 PMLeo251
Maybe the problem will be solved if Penals should have to buy their SVT rifles, as almost every other unit do. They should come with only Mosins.

Right now they are too powerfull for only 300MP and 0 MU cost.
Maybe a 45MU upgrade for 3 SVT could be fine..

Don't forget that penals are elite infantry like PG. If we do upgade for svt for penals we must do upgrade for STG for PG (and no one will be do PG because OST is ammo starving nation or will do they only for panzershrecks). And they already have upgrade for PTRS that decrease their AI capability. Without strong penals you will got situation when soviets have: bad cons, bad penals, bad maxim, bad mortar and bad AT gun (zis-3 not the best AT gun in game) and only good sniper and m3 for early game.
11 May 2017, 13:34 PM

Every opening have strong and weak sides, but now after maxim nerf only T1 opening through penals still viable. You can't fighting against VG or grenadiers only naked cons, you must have pressure on battlefield and penals give you that pressure (with higher mobility from m3). T2 was defensive opening, but without old maxim it's more harder to play through it. If both players have equal skill, more safer play through T1 not T2.
11 May 2017, 13:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2017, 09:58 AMVipper
snip

Intention =/= Reality
11 May 2017, 13:43 PM

I don't know why Vipper is digging in patchnotes from 2014 and changing its wording to get her point across; the game has evolved loads since.

Vipper has proven Axis bias.
11 May 2017, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2017, 09:58 AMVipper

Infantry Combat Tuning
The intent of these changes is to better define the strengths and weaknesses of each core unit relative to one another. We wanted to better define how each core unit should engage their perspective targets. For example, in a Grenadier vs. Riflemen match up, the Grenadiers want to maintain range. This is now a valid tactic, where in the past it was not. An integral element to this iteration is the introduction of received accuracy in place of raw damage. This was used in instances where additional fire power was not necessary in maintaining the established unit relationships. For example, Grenadier long range fire power is high enough to establish the unit’s relative relationship with other units, allowing us to increase their durability instead. As a by-product of this shift, short and mid range units should have an easier time closing in on their target.

Off the top of my head, I can think of two weapon profiles which make absolutely no sense with relation to one another:
- Conscript Mosin
vs
- Grenadier Kar98 (Volks Kar98 uses the same profile)

It's a well known fact that Vet0 Conscripts lose at all ranges to either unit in equal cover (unless RNG model drop, of course).

Can anybody in this thread guess what is the optimal range (close/far/etc) from where Conscripts trade the best vs Grenadiers (not necessarily win)? I bet that none of you can even dream of the correct answer.

11 May 2017, 20:15 PM

Can anybody in this thread guess what is the optimal range (close/far/etc) from where Conscripts trade the best vs Grenadiers (not necessarily win)? I bet that none of you can even dream of the correct answer.

Close range, where numbers of cons squad help them to deal with gren squad. Cons have more chances to win in close range against grens. Of course if all squads with stock rifles.
11 May 2017, 22:59 PM

Best DPS ratio is at ranges 0,1 and 25. The ratio thou, is about the same from 0-25 and only start dropping above 25.

In game conscripts can bleed grenadiers since even if lose 3 entities for every 2 they kill they break even (both squad with no weapon upgrades).
12 May 2017, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2017, 20:15 PMMaret

Close range, where numbers of cons squad help them to deal with gren squad. Cons have more chances to win in close range against grens. Of course if all squads with stock rifles.

Definitely close range. Conscript accuracy is awful and being at close range kinda reduces the rng factor in my experience.
12 May 2017, 09:40 AM

Trick question, there is no optimal range :P
12 May 2017, 12:43 PM

Do tell?

(edit: he'll probably say they work best when supported with an M5 quad though) ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight