Login

russian armor

Spawning Entity on Entity Death, and vehicle builders.

8 May 2017, 06:33 AM

I'm trying to make it so that when one of the models in a squad dies, they spawn a mine at their position. Is this even possible?

I'm also trying to make a builder unit that is a vehicle. I know you can make them spawn entities through a targeted action, but I'd like to use the standard building system if at all possible, as last I checked, the targeted option didn't let you control facing during set up like a proper builder squad can.
8 May 2017, 10:33 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'm trying to make it so that when one of the models in a squad dies, they spawn a mine at their position. Is this even possible?

Yes this is quite easy. Go to the desired unit in the ebps. Under health, on death, add a spawn entity action. Set the duration for 0 (equals forever) or another number. Set to player owned. Now add your desired mine. This is by per model.

I'm also trying to make a builder unit that is a vehicle. I know you can make them spawn entities through a targeted action, but I'd like to use the standard building system if at all possible, as last I checked, the targeted option didn't let you control facing during set up like a proper builder squad can.

I am testing out ideas but, I am running into trouble. You can add the squad engineer to the sbps but having actually building it is the problem. They lay down the initial ghost but I can not have them actually build it.
16 May 2017, 11:43 AM

I am testing out ideas but, I am running into trouble. You can add the squad engineer to the sbps but having actually building it is the problem. They lay down the initial ghost but I can not have them actually build it.

I've been ale to get it sort of working by copying everything but the entity_blueprint entry over the vehicle epbs entry. The result is something that looks like a vehicle but can build things properly. It's definitly something in the engineer entity or the vehicle entity epbs that determines whether or not a unit can build things.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★