Login

russian armor

Fortified Armor for newbie

5 May 2017, 23:24 PM

Hello! Like in the title, i am "experienced newbie". I have ~250 hours in the CoH2, but i still can't play this game "good". I play 99.9% Ostheer 4v4 full random and i need good, and simply tactic. My own, 50% working "pair" tactic is not good. Why it is named "pair" tactic? That's simple: My forces looks like this: 2 pioneers (2 teams for sure ;) ), 2 Panzer Grenadiers, 2 HalfTracks (1 for transport and 1 equipped with Flamer) and 2 Panthers. My commander was CAS. And my typical match looks like this: 2 pioneers rushing and pushing. When i have 40 fuel - 1 phase and retreat from WP. Then i build T2 building (without T1)and... now its the worst moment: Waiting for 2 Pgrenadiers and 1 halftrack. I was looking like AFK for 2 minutes. When they were complete: My match was starting: Still moving, attacking AT, MG's, infantry. Flamer was helping my teammates with bildings. If everything was good - at minute 14 my first Panther was ready. BUT NOW! I have unlocked the "Fortified Armor Doctrine" (or something like this) and i want to play it much, because i want to play more defensive. Somewhere i found "You must be aggresive with infantry in the early" BUT I WANT MORE! I need complete newbie guide for this commander: Which units, when, how much, everything! I will be very thankful for this! (sorry for my bad english ;) :D )
6 May 2017, 00:16 AM

1. Use an mg42 with your pios
2. I don't suggest getting two half tracks. Get one for reinforcing on bigger maps or go for flames of you think you can keep it alive.
3. I suggest 1 pgren and 2 grens instead so you have Faust's.
4. For tanks get the command panzer 4 callin, a panther and elephant. Hull down your command p4 and panther in a strong position. Get a panzerwerfer to deal with enemy ATGs since this will be their only counter late game to your p4 panther elephant combo.

Don't fight battles you don't have to
Pick engagements you can win.
Analyze the enemy army's and pick the best units to counter it.

If you aren't confident making an assault on the enemy position, help defend the flanks for your Allies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★