Login

russian armor

Why some Russians hate COH2 [BadComedian]

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
2 Aug 2013, 11:39 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Keep it clean and refrain from personal (or national) insults, and this thread can stay open. Mouth off, call names, or defame others and you'll get warns on your way to bans and eventually this whole topic will get locked. Sound good?

*thread title updated
2 Aug 2013, 11:42 AM

just read wikipedia.

Oh, everything written in Wikipedia MUST be true!

Again, there's nothing concrete to support the "Soviet guilt" theory.
If you think otherwise, name it and I'll prove it wrong.
2 Aug 2013, 11:45 AM

WHAT?

the sowjets commited the crime and accused the nazigermans.
if you really belive something different, then you are a victim of 1945-2013 russian propaganda. just read wikipedia.

Nice try. I saw in the TV series "Band of Brothers" as an American soldier shot the prisoners. This, too, should be in Wikipedia.
2 Aug 2013, 11:47 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 11:45 AMBreak

Nice try. I saw in the TV series "Band of Brothers" as an American soldier shot the prisoners. This, too, should be in Wikipedia.

An investigation conducted by the Prosecutor General's Office of the Soviet Union (1990–1991) and the Russian Federation (1991–2004), confirmed Soviet responsibility for the massacres.
2 Aug 2013, 11:47 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Spoiler them or I will invis those posts. We don't need people copying and pasting bibliographies into this thread. *facepalm* You just made 4 posts in 2 minutes. Please think before you post and don't spam.
2 Aug 2013, 11:48 AM

Ofc Nazis had plans with eastern european countries and their inhabitants aswell, once they had won the war, and might have been made true. However germany lost the war and all those documents are visible now. The documents of a possible Stalin victory over europe and the world however are still buried in the kremlin archives. If it comes to ideological motivated crimes, soviets and Nazis were close to each other.

Hmmm, it's pretty obvious USSR had won the war and conquered Eastern Europe states. So it was absolutely free to do on these territories whatever it wanted.
However, I do not notice any evidence of mass genocide on the conquered territories. Neither I remember concentration camps with gas chambers, massive furnaces, equipment for experimenting with alive human beings for Polish, Chechs, Hungarians, Romanians, and USSR own people (Russians, Ukrainians, Belarussians).
It is obvious, and I absolutely agree with it, that the limitation of human rights, repressions of political foes, which apparently took place in the Eastern Europe countries after the war, are the crimes against humanity.
But history is a very hard matter, and we can not judge everything as strictly white or black. It's all about the shades and the tints of grey.
So please, tell me frankly, is the mass extermination of the whole races, experiments over living human beings, and enslaving the remaining population to work them to death is is as monstrous as limitation of civil rights and political repressions in relatively small numbers (and comparing to the Eastern plans - in negligibly small numbers)?
In my humble opinion, genocide of whole peoples is way worse and monstrous, bloodcurdling act, than civil rights limitation. And it's not just my opinion. Can't even compare the regular homicide with homicide, based on racial or nationalist hatred. Ans we're talking MASS homicides here.
2 Aug 2013, 11:50 AM
Donator 11

Spoiler them or I will invis those posts. We don't need people copying and pasting bibliographies into this thread. *facepalm* You just made 4 posts in 2 minutes. Please think before you post and don't spam.

changed it :) well, spamming implies speaking BS, at least i hope not to do so. its just very frustrating to see, that some people dont know anything about their history
2 Aug 2013, 11:52 AM

An investigation conducted by the Prosecutor General's Office of the Soviet Union (1990–1991) and the Russian Federation (1991–2004), confirmed Soviet responsibility for the massacres.

I see you're a smart guy. Just above you is a link to a bunch of books. Certainly read them all.
But the question is whether you've read the Nuremberg verdict?
Katyn on the list of war crimes of Nazi Germany, is not it?
2 Aug 2013, 12:00 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 11:52 AMBreak

I see you're a smart guy. Just above you is a link to a bunch of books. Certainly read them all.
But the question is whether you've read the Nuremberg verdict?
Katyn on the list of war crimes of Nazi Germany, is not it?

as you may know, sowjet union accused nazi germany of doing this. this is its on the german list in nürnberg. still, it was done by the sowjets. thats it

still, crazy archer wants to proof all these books wrong. not me.
2 Aug 2013, 12:02 PM

To a question about your fears of Soviet propaganda.
On the official forum of the game blocking Russian visitors, remove threads
2 Aug 2013, 12:07 PM

as you may know, sowjet union accused nazi germany of doing this. this is its on the german list in nürnberg. still, it was done by the sowjets. thats it

still, crazy archer wants to proof all these books wrong. not me.

Than why untill this day nor Germany as a successor to Fascist Germany (being an interested party), nor Poland, as being most interested party, neither any other uninterested party has not lodged a protest to this part of Nurnberg verdict?
You know, we can write whatever we want in wikipedia, books, memoires, forums and whatnot. But the resolution by the tribunal or any other court or judicial body in the modern civilised society is considered to be the ultimate truth. So...
Doc
2 Aug 2013, 12:10 PM

So, I don't get your point?

You do believe versions of Soviet government, or don't?

You do believe Nuremberg Tribunal official statements, or don't?

Make your point.

Or you do believe only in things that you want to believe and completely ignore other - that are not comfortable to you?

If I said to you that Presidents Gorbachev and Eltcin were rat motherfu*ers and most of population of former USSR damned them for what they did - you do believe me or do not? Is this true or not?

Do you believe me if I said that most of historical decisions like that you quoted in late 80s-early 90s were COMPLETE POLITICAL and had no real historical scientific background?

2 Aug 2013, 12:14 PM

It was interesting, by the way, read this thread.
Once again I was convinced about the attitude to the Russian people.
Of course this is not a capitalist propaganda to blame, you are completely objective in their assessments.
2 Aug 2013, 12:17 PM
Donator 11

Than why untill this day nor Germany as a successor to Fascist Germany (being an interested party), nor Poland, as being most interested party, neither any other uninterested party has not lodged a protest to this part of Nurnberg verdict?
You know, we can write whatever we want in wikipedia, books, memoires, forums and whatnot. But the resolution by the tribunal or any other court or judicial body in the modern civilised society is considered to be the ultimate truth. So...

Poland has logded a protest. the answer:
1990 Mikhail Gorbachev admitted that the NKVD had executed the Poles and confirmed two other burial sites similar to the site at Katyn: Mednoye and Piatykhatky.

other than that, many investigations show, that the sowjets did it.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 12:10 PMDoc

So, I don't get your point?

You do believe versions of Soviet government, or don't?

You do believe Nuremberg Tribunal official statements, or don't?

Make your point.

Or you do believe only in things that you want to believe and completely ignore other - that are not comfortable to you?

i dont believe in the nürnberg-tribunal, but i do believe many sources showing, that it was a sowjet massacre

I can say that except for Western Poland attitude towards Russians is pretty tolerable, there is no hate.
i absolutely dont hate russia or russians. just to amke it clear. i just dont like it, when people dont make their own mind but believe their governments propaganda
2 Aug 2013, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 12:14 PMBreak
It was interesting, by the way, read this thread.
Once again I was convinced about the attitude to the Russian people.
Of course this is not a capitalist propaganda to blame, you are completely objective in their assessments.

Dear friend, while I agree with you with your opinion on some absolutely irrelevant people on this forum, I still believe you can not take their words as an opinion of the majority in their country. Been everywhere over Europe (except for Hungary, Chech, Romania, and North European countries), and I can say that except for Western Poland attitude towards Russians is pretty tolerable, there is no hate. Same goes to US and Canada - been there as a tourist too. I have not noticed any hate towards me even after I said I am Russian. Could be because I didnt talk politics to them, I dunno.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS