Login

russian armor

Why some Russians hate COH2 [BadComedian]

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
1 Aug 2013, 20:54 PM

The video is now in English as well .. I wonder if it will be removed from here .. but I just wanted to share it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

but I would recommend watching this video anyway.. because the more people know the better.. its always better to know all sides of the argument then just 1 ..

Thank you.

P.S

All I wanted is to open a discussion... not hateful comments or stuff like "mariens" posted. Is that a bad thing ? to ask questions and stuff..
1 Aug 2013, 21:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge

This argument is flawed in many ways and often time misleading. most if not all aren't backed by facts just assumptions like "the soviet union wouldn't do that" his job is prove to me that with facts him telling me they didn't isn't enough. there are more things i could point out but that is really all that needs to be said.

oh wait one more thing :)...

heres a good video debunking a tv series (ancient aliens). this is how a video like this should be done (warning its 3 hours long.)

however some of it was pretty well rounded. also note this is made by different developers in charge. the original ones are gone or left.
1 Aug 2013, 21:06 PM

Can someone tell me in a few sentences whats his problem? I not familiar with the game and i cant watch it.

thx
1 Aug 2013, 21:06 PM

could you and your little freedom fighters make it in more languages im sure theres still someone left who still doesnt give a fuck about hurt russian pride in video game
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 1 Aug 2013, 21:06 PM

Aliens. Oh dear, I don't want to be getting threats from aliens now.

1 Aug 2013, 21:09 PM

Americans don't seem to get it - if someone produced a hugely popular game that grossly misrepresented their country's efforts in war in the same way COH2 did, they would be pissed to.

COH2 is the straw the broke the camel's back as far as Eastern Europe's portrayal in western media. Lest we forget that Russia won the fucking war (I know, another fact that Americans dont understand or accept).
1 Aug 2013, 21:11 PM

you people.. why so much blind hate.. ?
1 Aug 2013, 21:14 PM

Permanently Banned
Blind?

I think all the necessary reasons for hate are fairly obviously available.

Thanks for those.
1 Aug 2013, 21:15 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I expect we will see some more Russian heroism in future ToW missions from Relic, but I don't think this will appease the feelings of the BadComedian and his supporters. In the big scheme of things, although WW2 is going on 70 years old now, it's still fresh in terms of history.

Let's keep the flames and insults out of this topic. Emotional investment is fine, but don't let it cloud your judgement, spoil your manners, or prohibit your ability to respect others, please.
1 Aug 2013, 21:17 PM

yeah.. I know Soviet union did many bad things like any other country.. but no one ever talks about all the good things it did.. its just not fair.. gatta know both sides of coin..
and people even't won't bother watching the vid and post comments right away.. how foolish..

oh well.. what ever.. moving on..

P.S well said Ami..

for some reason I dont hate Germans .. yet some people still hate Russians.. its just silly lol
1 Aug 2013, 21:28 PM
Donator 11

well, im watching the video right now.
900 views and 12000 thumbs up? man, this gotta be faked. but will watch it and write my opinion later
1 Aug 2013, 21:29 PM

well, im watching the video right now.
900 views and 12000 thumbs up? man, this gotta be faked. but will watch it and write my opinion later

Youtube is slow on update ...you can see such numbers on any youtube channel
1 Aug 2013, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2013, 21:06 PMNoun
Aliens. Oh dear, I don't want to be getting threats from aliens now.

I am a Protons, and I find my race's portrayal in the slanderous StarCraft games to be in poor taste. Please pass this complaint along to the Zerg sympathizers at Blizzard Activision.
1 Aug 2013, 21:43 PM

The video is now in English as well .. I wonder if it will be removed from here .. but I just wanted to share it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

but I would recommend watching this video anyway.. because the more people know the better.. its always better to know all sides of the argument then just 1 ..

Thank you.

thanks man i really wanted to see it. gonna do when i get home.
1 Aug 2013, 21:51 PM

you people.. why so much blind hate.. ?

exactly, why so much blind hate towards relic?
1 Aug 2013, 22:00 PM
Donator 11

"what he wrote in his diary like a small girl"

in fact, the guy making this video seems to be a small girl
"the harder the enemy, the more glorious the war" he tells us. what an fu**ing idiot. sry guys. (amdins plz edit if too harsh)

and yes, only russians had the doctrin of sacrificing MILLIONS of soldiers to stop the german advance. maybe german ss did the same, but they were just a small part and not even real wehrmacht.

burn houses--> never heard of scorched earth?

man, this guy is so dumb nd knows nothing about WW2 at all. yes, the winter was the thing to stop the germans.

american GIs could retreat, but sowjet soldiers under order 227 could NOT retreat. that is the difference.

"company of pussies in the basement" WTF?! guys, im really trying to watch this video through, but this guy looks like a pussy himselve, still acts like he would kill whole wehrmacht with his bare hands.

saving the main character from the building was one of the missions that showed the bravoury of the sowjet soldiers. this guy complains, that the germans didnt see him. really :(

he didnt even read grossmans book and still complains. i mean, i havent red it aswell, but HE is complaining.

this guys is mad.
1 Aug 2013, 22:04 PM

exactly, why so much blind hate towards relic?

I agree. It's too much.
But it does not blindly and video about it. Relic did wrong accents in the game about "heroes". Russians didn't expect that. Here is the result.
1 Aug 2013, 22:11 PM

The video has a point.
1 Aug 2013, 22:12 PM

I stopped watching halfway. I agree the perspective on the campaign doesn't really improve the image of the Red Army and the USSR, but the way the video is made is just as misleading. He is also using incorrect facts and linking mission descriptions with video's from other missions that had nothing to do with the original mission and just misleading the audience. Like completely ignoring the first part of Guderian's quote which actually proves the opposite of what Bad Comedian is saying. This video is just a blatant way of bashing relic after he was discontent with the campaign plot.

Relic stated from the beginning they wanted to show the brutishness and cruelty of the eastern front. And to achieve that goal they used a story that could show all that yet it would not give a representative image of the Red Army. Once you accept that this is not their portrayal of the whole Russian Army it shouldn't be a problem placing the plot in it's right perspective. Not every partizan got shot by the Russians, maybe this happend just once and I agree that this is cruel and portrays those Russian soldier/their commander as cold killers, but relic picked that story since they thought it supported their plot. And you are free to like the story or not, just like a movie, but a lot seem to ignore that this is just one story of a few people that does not represent the Red Army in general but in a way in which relic is able to tell their story about the harsh east front.
1 Aug 2013, 22:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I have to admit, even though the video is trying to draw things in the opposite direction in an exaggerated way, there are a few points that are true. I can at least understand why russians might feel offended to some extend.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS