Login

russian armor

Why some Russians hate COH2 [BadComedian]

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
2 Aug 2013, 10:05 AM

ITT: Russian ultra-nationalists avoiding and denying war guilt.

Stop what. They are arguing about why CoH1 was about heroes without any politics, myths and clishes about german, us and uk soldiers and why in coh2 there is a lot of politics, myths and clishes about russian.
And, if russsians stand up for their country they suddenly is "ultra-nationalists". lol
2 Aug 2013, 10:08 AM

Dresden was a british warcrime, not american!
well dachau was american, but it wasnt planned, these were actions by small groups of soldiers without permission.

Other than that, very good post!

You are wrong. Dresden was raided several times by british and american aircraft.
2 Aug 2013, 10:09 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 00:43 AMrubby
For you Soviet soldiers are just abstractions, but for us they are our relatives, fathers and grandfathers mostly. When you talk with Russian about Red Army in WWII, you actually talk about his parents or grandparents. Every, i repeat, EVERY family in Russia had their lost. It was a total war for us. It was death or freedom and every men took their part in that sacred war. Every russian knows history of western front not only from books, but from their grandfathers stories. I really can't understand why do you think that you are able to know more about our history than us.

well, you already told us. you and your parents/grandparents are emotional about it.
And you heard sowjet/russian propaganda about this war from 1945-2013. "less facts and more emotions", that is the worst position to make statements about the truth.

2 Aug 2013, 10:12 AM

Permanently Banned
if russsians stand up for their country they suddenly is "ultra-nationalists". lol

Standing up for atrocities is appalling.
Denying atrocities is appalling.
Both are inexcusable.

Being a true patriot involves accepting and recognising the responsibilities of ones countries past. I see very little of that here.
2 Aug 2013, 10:15 AM

Stop what. They are arguing about why CoH1 was about heroes without any politics, myths and clishes about german, us and uk soldiers and why in coh2 there is a lot of politics, myths and clishes about russian.
And, if russsians stand up for their country they suddenly is "ultra-nationalists". lol

You obviously do not understand something. When the American stand up to his country - it's the patriotism. When the Russian does - it's nationalism. This is absolutely not double standards.

"You people disgust me. And you should disgust yourselves. You blame Relic for dragging the name of the Russian people through the mud, the only people doing that are YOU. YOU are dismissing the heroism displayed. YOU are ignoring the storyline because you're too stupid to think for yourself. YOU are making it look like the sacrifice of the Russians means nothing.

And by you, I mean Russians. The uneducated beasts that they are. I can't believe there are people out there so mentally deficient that they're devaluing themselves and then blame everybody else. I really can't believe it."

This. Says it all about the mods on the forum and the Westerners enjoying the game.
This is pizdets...
2 Aug 2013, 10:16 AM

well, you already told us. you and your parents/grandparents are emotional about it.
And you heard sowjet/russian propaganda about this war from 1945-2013. "less facts and more emotions", that is the worst position to make statements about the truth.

Just facts, no emotions at all. http://sti.clemson.edu/publications-mainmenu-38/publications-library/cat_view/33-strom-thurmond-institute/153-sti-publications-by-subject-area/158-history
2 Aug 2013, 10:17 AM

YOU are making it look like the sacrifice of the Russians means nothing.

"All that graves just for a photo..."
2 Aug 2013, 10:19 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 02:03 AMDolbik

Idiot!If you defeat strong enemy,this is not good victory?

nope, not exactly. nothing is glorious about war.

You are idiot?"scorched earth" means destruction of roads, bridges and factories,not killing own people!Its f**king makes no sence

nope, it also means destruction of fields and houses.

IN OCTOBER!WHE ARE NOT NORTH POLE!

Not just october. the whole winter. and it was one of the coldest ever.

You are dolboyob.Order 227 was given when was nowhere to retreat.
If whe lost Moscow,whe lost everything!I said that it was a war to extermination?

order 227 was given when there was nowhere to retreat? WRONG. when order 227 was giveb, there was nowhere to retreat. thats it.

You see heroes in this game?Who is it?Germans?

the main character is a hero. and the guy who saves the main character and his company, they are heroes aswell. they save their comrade. no matter what. and pay with their lives. a company of heroes.

You did't read any book.But he is read a lot more(List in the end of video)
well, there is this list. i saw it. but it seems, that he never read any books, because his video is without ANY proofs, at noi point of his video he says: as you could read in xxx on page xxx they did this so relic is wrong.
2 Aug 2013, 10:22 AM

True that, relic should not have put atrocities into coh2, but handled it like coh1, where all was about fighting heroism (hence "company of heroes"). Obviously some people will get offended.
However the way certain russians are acting here, you get the impression its not about the game anymore, but a search for identity amongst russians since the USSR is no more. Being messed up by soviet propaganda for another 45 years after the war (and even now by history revisionism) its quite understandable.
Also one dimensional thinking (non russians want to harm russians by telling lies about them, mostly the "westeners") and using stereotypical thinking ("if you are not my opinion, you are a nazi) is all over this forum and in Badcomedian´s video aswell.
Thats why its so hard to talk to you people, because you need to punsh through a wall of ignorancy.
Also throwing links of books and wiki articles around is not a good way to back up your arguments. Historians are not sure and often contradict themselves. If you want to know about WWII, you would need to devote your whole lifetime to search for the "truth". I certainly would not trust the internet.
2 Aug 2013, 10:26 AM

True that, relic should not have put atrocities into coh2, but handled it like coh1, where all was about fighting heroism (hence "company of heroes").
However the way certain russians are acting here, you get the impression its not about the game anymore, but a search for identity amongst russians since the soviet union is gone. Being messed up by soviet propaganda for another 45 years after the war (and even now by history revisionism) its quite understandable.
Also one dimensional thinking (non russians want to harm russians by telling lies about them, mostly the "westeners") and using stereotypical thinking ("if you are not my opinion, you are a nazi) is all over this forum and in Badcomedian´s video aswell.
Thats why its so hard to talk to you people, because you need to punsh through a wall of ignorancy.

I frankly do not get, how can anyone still seriously take the posts by the person, which is so ignorant he didn't even know the Hitler's plans for Eastern territories, and in one of his posts even suggests Hitler only wanted to liberate Eastern Slavic "tribes". Now that, my friend, is the ignorance + arrogance in cube. So all of your morale and this talk can cause nothing but smile from educated person.
But seriously, go on. As much as I see pretty many ignorant persons here, you may get your fan base. What next? Denial of Holocaust?
2 Aug 2013, 10:27 AM

True that, relic should not have put atrocities into coh2, but handled it like coh1, where all was about fighting heroism (hence "company of heroes").
However the way certain russians are acting here, you get the impression its not about the game anymore, but a search for identity amongst russians since the soviet union is gone. Being messed up by soviet propaganda for another 45 years after the war (and even now by history revisionism) its quite understandable.

History will judge us, what I would like to say now. All your words are without any facts just words. Shall we wait reaction from Sega and Relic or just continue the words fight?
2 Aug 2013, 10:27 AM

Permanently Banned
@Sharpmax: Tell me three Soviet atrocities that you recognise.
@carloff: Tell me three Soviet atrocities that you recognise.
2 Aug 2013, 10:30 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 03:36 AMDolbik

Who they?Russian?In WW2?I though what agressor was Nazi Germany.

How about plan Barbarossa and Vermaht directive?

germany was the only agressor? nice joke. very nice joke. ever heard of poland?

Its not Vermaht but Wehrmacht. you cant even spell this name HALFcorrect. this seems to show you history-skills

edit: made my point clear
2 Aug 2013, 10:34 AM

I'm not a war tribunal to recognise atrocities. But all other atrocities was in Nürnberg, right?
2 Aug 2013, 10:34 AM

germany was the agressor? nice joke. very nice joke. ever heard of poland?

Its not Vermaht but Wehrmacht. you cant even spell this name HALFcorrect. this seems to show you history-skills

I see your point. So the USSR first attacked the Poland, and USSR was the agressor. And the noble Nazi Germans decided to help their smaller neighbouring friend and charged the attack on the USSR to reclaim the once used to be Rzhecz Pospolita lands from evil Moscovites, right?
2 Aug 2013, 10:36 AM

So many internet historians hir all showing off there knolage. (false knolage form wikipedija) :clap:
2 Aug 2013, 10:36 AM

germany was the agressor? nice joke. very nice joke. ever heard of poland?

Yep, german fanboy detected. I'm sure about what nazis and their europe allies started at 22 of June in 1941 the War with USSR.
Tell me, do you think what not all in Wehrmacht was Nazi?
2 Aug 2013, 10:37 AM
Donator 11

I see your point. So the USSR first attacked the Poland, and USSR was the agressor. And the noble Nazi Germans decided to help their smaller neighbouring friend and charged the attack on the USSR to reclaim the once used to be Rzhecz Pospolita lands from evil Moscovites, right?

Nope, not exactly. Germany was an agressor ASWELL AS the sowjets. that was my point. im sorry, i dint make it that clear. will edit it.
2 Aug 2013, 10:37 AM

Permanently Banned
2 Aug 2013, 10:38 AM

I frankly do not get, how can anyone still seriously take the posts by the person, which is so ignorant he didn't even know the Hitler's plans for Eastern territories, and in one of his posts even suggests Hitler only wanted to liberate Eastern Slavic "tribes". Now that, my friend, is the ignorance + arrogance in cube. So all of your morale and this talk can cause nothing but smile from educated person.
But seriously, go on. As much as I see pretty many ignorant persons here, you may get your fan base. What next? Denial of Holocaust?

You put words into my mouth. I never stated anywhere, that there is no nazi plan for eastern european population, nor that Hitler wanted to just liberate soviet supressed countries. I didnt even mention this guy.
If you didnt recognize by now, but you get a smile by the rest of the community here acting like little children, who dont get enough attention.
I assume you are russian, by judging your arguments? How can you defend a regime and take the word "holocaust" in your mouth, when the world is well aware of Stalins atrocities (holodomor, stalins purges, the enslavment of the eastern countries, ...) BEFORE the war?
PAGES (15)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS