Login

russian armor

Why some Russians hate COH2 [BadComedian]

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
1 Aug 2013, 23:25 PM

As history has shown the Soviet ideology proved to be just as harmful (arguably more) than that of the Nazis.

Some people like to take a modern "progressive" and "politically correct" stance on the subject of East and West but the cold hard facts are that the Soviet Union and all PACT countries were the bad guys and have caused harm to the world that is still felt to this day. Like it or not the East were and continue to be the "bad guys" and no amount of sugar coating and history denial will change that.

The world is a better place without the Soviet Union. The world would have been a better place if the Germans had succeeded in their supposed goal of "racial genocide" (which wasn't the goal) against the Soviet Union.

There isn't any "good guys" or "bad guys" When it comes to war, I am not sugar coating it the Soviets did some harmful things and so did the Americans. What did you think the Germans invaded for? To save the soviet people from the clutches of the Stalinist? If the nazis won, all Soviets would have been killed, deported, or sent to work/death camps.
1 Aug 2013, 23:34 PM

The fact is, company of heroes 2 should show bravery and courage like company of heroes 1, that's why those epic bringers call their game company of heroes.......

I hope we could see some changes in next expansion
1 Aug 2013, 23:34 PM

after watching this video and seeing your replies. i have to say i am really disappointed in all of you.

the video literally was the same i thought about the game campaing. 2 peoples 1 russian (badcomedian), a colombian (undostrecuatro).

2 people raised differently, with different beliefs and culture. yet we think the same about the game campaign. disregarding his opinion just because he presents it in a Dark satire tone. i am disappointed.

i have to apologise to Sturmovik for mocking him from time to time. and now i understand why he is bottered even more because (i suppose he is russian), and loves the game. but the game does not love back.

i want to end quoting bad comedian.

the name of the game is COMPANY OF HEROES
1 Aug 2013, 23:36 PM

What did you think the Germans invaded for? To save the soviet people from the clutches of the Stalinist?

Actually they did that in the beginning and people were very happy about it. However one regime was replaced by another one and vice versa after the war.
Main reason for invasion was to remove the only possible ally left, to force england into a peace treaty.

If the nazis won, all Soviets would have been killed, deported, or sent to work/death camps.

Sounds like propaganda.
1 Aug 2013, 23:41 PM

Actually they did that in the beginning and people were very happy about that. However one regime was replaced by another one and vice versa after the war.
Main reason for invasion was to remove the only possible ally left, to force england into a peace treaty.

Hello there! Did you ever hear about Generalplan Ost? Or read Main Kampf there Hitler says that the "living space for germans are in Russia"? Jews was happy too then Hitlers boys and his european allies invade Russia?

Sounds like soviet propaganda to me.

sounds like Goebbels propaganda to me.
1 Aug 2013, 23:43 PM

Actually they did that in the beginning and people were very happy about it. However one regime was replaced by another one and vice versa after the war.

Sounds like propaganda.

really? NAZI exterminates Jewish is still propaganda? 12 million civilian died is still propaganda? So, tell about the truth you know
1 Aug 2013, 23:43 PM

Sounds like propaganda.

GeneralCH;
I am really starting to suspect that you're just making it all up as you go along, just to provide a groundless counter-argument. How familiar are you with history? Do you have any education in it besides high school level?
1 Aug 2013, 23:45 PM
1 Aug 2013, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2013, 23:34 PMUGBEAR
The fact is, company of heroes 2 should show bravery and courage like company of heroes 1, that's why those epic bringers call their game company of heroes.......

Yep, I was thinking same way then saw "Forgotten Sacrifice" trailer. Oh, common guys there is that bearded russian hero with ushanka? Why is he totally absent in game? Why Relic do this kind of trailer?
1 Aug 2013, 23:49 PM

Yeah I think he has a good point when he say the game should focus on heroes and their bravery and not only the negative side. It's like the first coh would focus on rape, Dresden etc, most of the US players would be utterly pissed if it was the case.

And some things are really ridiculous like burning houses with your own people inside for no good reason, or killing soldiers for no good reasons (the cutscene when you win the mission where you save the main character stuck in debris). Someone said it looks like the imperial guard from 40k and I can only agree.
1 Aug 2013, 23:51 PM

Dont watch youtube videos, read history books and alot of them. Then make up your mind.
Dont try to push me into a racist corner.
1 Aug 2013, 23:53 PM
Donator 11

2 people raised differently, with different beliefs and culture. yet we think the same about the game campaign.

would you actually be so kind and tell us, which of our points is wrong?

the statement at the end shows just a little bit, but, as i have stated, showing only the bravery at the eastern front would have been wrong. actually there is a mix between heroes and evils in the campaign!
1 Aug 2013, 23:53 PM

Sounds like propaganda.

I came to the conclusion that your are far to unintelligent to have a conversation with.
1 Aug 2013, 23:57 PM

Dont watch youtube videos, read history books and alot of them. Then make up your mind.

You already in the corner for defend German invasion and trying to mythology about WW2. It's would be surprise for you but i read history books and alot of them. You can try it too. You can start from this books http://sti.clemson.edu/publications-mainmenu-38/publications-library/cat_view/33-strom-thurmond-institute/153-sti-publications-by-subject-area/158-history

Sorry for links Relic guys
2 Aug 2013, 00:01 AM

It's not a "racist corner". It is discussion about the nazi generalplan "Ost".
2 Aug 2013, 00:02 AM

would you actually be so kind and tell us, which of our points is wrong?

the statement at the end shows just a little bit, but, as i have stated, showing only the bravery at the eastern front would have been wrong. actually there is a mix between heroes and evils in the campaign!

Who is heroes and who is a evils in the campaign? I'll trying get you point...
2 Aug 2013, 00:07 AM

I stopped watching halfway. I agree the perspective on the campaign doesn't really improve the image of the Red Army and the USSR, but the way the video is made is just as misleading. He is also using incorrect facts and linking mission descriptions with video's from other missions that had nothing to do with the original mission and just misleading the audience. Like completely ignoring the first part of Guderian's quote which actually proves the opposite of what Bad Comedian is saying. This video is just a blatant way of bashing relic after he was discontent with the campaign plot.

Relic stated from the beginning they wanted to show the brutishness and cruelty of the eastern front. And to achieve that goal they used a story that could show all that yet it would not give a representative image of the Red Army. Once you accept that this is not their portrayal of the whole Russian Army it shouldn't be a problem placing the plot in it's right perspective. Not every partizan got shot by the Russians, maybe this happend just once and I agree that this is cruel and portrays those Russian soldier/their commander as cold killers, but relic picked that story since they thought it supported their plot. And you are free to like the story or not, just like a movie, but a lot seem to ignore that this is just one story of a few people that does not represent the Red Army in general but in a way in which relic is able to tell their story about the harsh east front.
2 Aug 2013, 00:08 AM

About the title, in the end, the main character is very much portrayed as a hollywood hero which pretty much still justifies the name Company of Heroes...

Very well said, Symbiosis.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2013, 22:47 PMNoun

There has constantly been a lively debate in the US, and other nations, about the morality of the use of the atomic bombs. I think that sort of thing is healthy, having this be out in the open and part of public discourse is healthy.

It's a good thing there's debate about this subject, but if we really think about it, there shouldn't even be any debate. The fact that we even own weapons of mass destruction and keep developing new and more powerful ones is very staggering. This tells the state of mind our so called leaders and governments have.

To the OP. The game is Relics so the reading of the Eastern Front is also theirs, they have every right to do so. After all it's just a video game. In one way I like this approach. There is heroism as Symbiosis stated, it's just not the typical one. In the other hand I understand the moan, but remember this: all sides had heroism, all sides committed terrible crimes. No doubt. Interestingly, the more I study the World War 2, the more I find hideous crimes made by the Allies which westerners aren't told about. Of course, history is written by the winners..
2 Aug 2013, 00:10 AM

Poeple tend to call others sympathizers with a nazi regime, if they dont name them as pure evil every time you talk about WWII. Mainly to shut them down.
I think you misunderstood me. I was naming the strategical reason for the invasion, which was not mentioned yet during the discussion.
Go on bitch´ further
2 Aug 2013, 00:12 AM

How and where are you being pushed into a racist corner?
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS